Neo Geo Stick 2 for PS3

Fett

Camel Slug
I did some more research and it indeed seems the best method is to just use the PCB from a controller. A lot of the PS controllers even have a terminal which you can insert wires into using a solderless method.

ps3_solderless.jpg

Last edited:

Grime

n00b
Could just take an old controller and throw a Cthulhu PC/PS3 Board in it, then your set to go.

I'll probably go this route.

hashiriya1

n00b
I'll be at my local game shop the day it is released. Since it is USB, I can use it on my PC, too. Yay

Fett

Camel Slug
Could just take an old controller and throw a Cthulhu PC/PS3 Board in it, then your set to go.

I'll probably go this route.

Good call, Looks like a slick method.

Does anyone know if KOFXII uses any shoulder buttons? I'm trying to decide whether or not to add buttons for every button on a PS3 pad.

Deuce

Death Before Dishonesty, Logic Above All,
Does anyone know if KOFXII uses any shoulder buttons? I'm trying to decide whether or not to add buttons for every button on a PS3 pad.

KOFXII is a 4-button game.

Fett

Camel Slug
KOFXII is a 4-button game.

Thank you. Know if the shoulder buttons serve any purpose in the menus, for selecting alt costumes or anything? (or even L3 & R3?)

If not I'll prolly just have extra buttons for start and select.

Deuce

Thank you. Know if the shoulder buttons serve any purpose in the menus, for selecting alt costumes or anything? (or even L3 & R3?)

If not I'll prolly just have extra buttons for start and select.

They're probably used for shortcuts. One will likely be mapped to taunt on the consoles... and to date, I don't think they've ever allowed anything to be mapped to Select. So, make your choice with care.

Fett

Camel Slug
Yeah, I see they have all 4 sholder buttons mapped on this stick:
snk-kof-fighting-stick.jpg

What a horrid layout for KOF though..

Deuce

It's workable. It's usually laid out SF-style, like so:

A C -
B D -

For most KOFs, it's not bad. Most of the time, BC and AD aren't required button combinations, and it makes AB and CD a one-finger press. Sometimes, the right two buttons will be mapped to a button combination (like BC), which is highly workable for a game like 2K2UM.

Zenimus

Zantetsu's Blade Sharpener
Hey, does anybody know if the PS3 version is going to have the same old-style joystick as the Neo Stick 2 for PS2, or the metal & slightly bigger ball version of the Neo Stick 3?

I've come to really like the sturdier-feeling Neo Stick 3 as my choice for online fighters. The joystick on it is more like something you'd see on an arcade candy cab.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
I've come to really like the sturdier-feeling Neo Stick 3 as my choice for online fighters. The joystick on it is more like something you'd see on an arcade candy cab.
Glad someone does. A Neo Stick should feel the same as a Neo Stick. If I wanted a sturdier stick that feels different I'd just buy an arcade stick. I regret buying the 3.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Yeah, I see they have all 4 sholder buttons mapped on this stick:
snk-kof-fighting-stick.jpg

Turn your hand and you're all set. I like that layout for folks who only have one stick, you can do AW, CPS and MVS easily, otherwise individual sticks for everything.

I wish the Neo Stick 3 didn't have the extra buttons.

Sang

n00b
I did some more research and it indeed seems the best method is to just use the PCB from a controller. A lot of the PS controllers even have a terminal which you can insert wires into using a solderless method.

ps3_solderless.jpg

axisdapter_kit.jpg

i used this kit and it made my whole life easier. if you're planning to solder a ps3 pcb, you're outta your mind.

p.s. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QH83tpDsKA , lol my stick with the kit.

Bay78

Geese's Thug
10 Year Member
I think that the new NEO-GEO arcade stick for the PS3 looks pretty AWESOME! I also just found out that they released one for the Nintendo Wii last year. But they are already out of print. I wish I would have been more on the ball and nabbed a couple of those before they were gone :(