Neo Geo Pocket Linker and cart for sale

Sweater Fish Deluxe

Marked Wolf
Hi all, I'm selling my NGPC Flash Linker set with a 32Mb cartridge. Here's a couple pics:

pokelinker_1.js

pokelinker_2.js

As you see, the set is complete and boxed, which seems to be pretty rare. I don't know if most people just threw away the boxes or if some distributors didn't even sell the set boxed (I got mine directly form the manufacturer), but most if not all of the linkers I've seen for sale are just bare units. If the buyer wants it, I can also include a CDR burned with a complete set of flashing tools, a development kit, homebrew games (including some that are not publicly available) and source code.

The Flash Linker is a really nice item. I sort of regret having to part with mine even though I hardly use it (or my NGPC) anymore. I used mine mostly for homebrew and in my opinion, that's the best reason to own one. There's really a lot of cool homebrew games for the NGPC and a linker is the only way to play them properly. Homebrews like Shufflepuck Cafe, Puzzle Gems, Dodger and Bomberman are really some of the best games on the system.

The linker can also be used with commercial games, though, of course. You can flash ROMs onto the 32M cart either for outright piracy or to create a second cart for playing 2 player games. Or you can use the linker with standard NGPC games and back them up. You can also back up just the save data form a cartridge so that it can be re-written later (this, for instance, allowed me to back up my Ganbare save with the E page unlocked, so that I could initialize the cart and start over, but still be comfortable in the knowledge that I could re-write the completed save to the cart at a later date).

All in all, just a very useful device. Pretty much a must have item for all the Neo Poke fans remaining on this board.

I also have a Dreamcast-to-NGPC link cable for sale:

dreamlink.js

It is of course used with the small handful of cross-compatible Dreamcast and Neo Poke games that SNK released. The features the cable unlocks in the respective games are in no way impressive or interesting, but the cable is still a must have for all you completist collector types that paid $300 for Pocket Reversi.

I'd like to get $150 for the Flash Linker set and $30 for the Dreamcast link cable, but I'm open to all offers, so feel free to e-mail me if you have any interest in the items. Contact me : sweater@fishhoo.com

...word is bondage...

Sweater Fish Deluxe

Marked Wolf
I've been informed that $150 is quite a bit more than the Flash Linker set is worth these days, so nevermind that price.

Just send me whatever offer you think is fair.

Sorry.

...word is bondage...