Neo Geo MVS Button Colours?

Nuclear Neo

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Hi i have a Neo Geo MVS 6 Slot Australian version,

http://s953.photobucket.com/albums/ae14/Nuclear_Neo/?action=view&current=neogeo6slotcabinet.jpg

I was wondering if the button colours for the control panel is the same as the American version cabinets, the colours being red, yellow, green and blue?

I've had a look on the HardMVS website and the Australian cabinets pictures have different coloured ones, random coloured ones it looks to be. Where as i looked at the American ones and they are red,yellow, green and blue.

So does the Australian model utilize the same colours as the American one?

Also, as you can see in the picture - my Neo Geo MVS is missing the Marquee slot to insert the game overlays, it also is missing the light that lights them up, it has a cord that leads up to the Marquee but no light or anything, what could i do about this?

My side labels that both say Neo Geo have a lot of rips and marks and i would really like to get them replaced... i've looked everywhere but can only find American type cabinet labels.

Thanks

Last edited:

Murray

Akari's Big Brother
Though I can't speak for the Australian cabs specifically, I will say that a lot of the cabs on HardMVS are "in the wild" cabs and don't really represent the original equipment. Not all arcade ops are as diligent as we might be in keeping original colored buttons in the machines.

Nuclear Neo

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Thanks for the info, yeah the arcade operators just want it working and making money, they put dobs of super glue on some of the screws that hold the joystick on my cabinet, guess you gotta consider 20 years is a long time and that alot of people like to fiddle with things that isnt theres.

I think i'll go with red, yellow, green and blue buttons to brighten the control panel up a bit, it seems to be the most common colours on most cabinets and its obvious when an arcade machine has random buttons.

Now i need to figure out how to get the NEO GEO side labels re printed with the same dimensions.. and the marquee at the top with no light or stand in there to hold the mini marquees

Fett

Camel Slug
Don't order green buttons from HAPP, they're now a puke green color and don't look anything like the old buttons. Decals can be ordered from eccs19.

XxHennersXx

Why So Many X's?,
15 Year Member
I don't mind the happ buttons, i ordered mine from lizardlick though. My cab that I got had the right colors but in the wrong order lol

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
They are the official colors. Some games show the colors in the How to Play screen, if I'm not mistaken.

TheBakachan

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
They are the official colors. Some games show the colors in the How to Play screen, if I'm not mistaken.

Most mini-marquees that show the controls have the buttons in the proper colors as well. But yeah. Red, Yellow, Green, and Blue are the official colors.

I hadn't noticed an issue with the Green HAPP pushbuttons, other than, yes, the color being fairly ugly. I should dig out the bag I have of old pushbuttons that were originally in my cab and loose CPs and see if any of the greens are different.

Speaking of which, anyone know a source for those old-style sticks with the bare metal shaft? Those are so nice compared to the current HAPP sticks with the plastic-covered shafts... If I even had two, I'd go to the trouble of restoring them, but I only have one that was in one of the CPs I bought. :(

Last edited:

aclbandit

Another Striker
Don't order green buttons from HAPP, they're now a puke green color and don't look anything like the old buttons. Decals can be ordered from eccs19.

And nice decals they are, I might add.

Also, I dunno about the green buttons from Happ that are the concave-style, but the green on the convex buttons looked fine to me. I think it is a slightly brighter green than the originals, though.