Neo Geo Max 330 Mega

Kam

Rugal's Thug
Hi

My Neo Geo is a MAX 330 MEGA PRO GEAR SPEC. Can anyone tell what this means and how does it compare to other AES systems.

Cheers Guys (and Gals)

candycab

Vice's Love Slave
The MVS and the AES {every AES console} are virtually identical other than the AES is in a plastic case and the bios isnt socketed like the MVS { or at least I dont think it is ? }and the MVS can have multible slots ,the hardware is the same.

Im not too sure of the origin of the 330 banner ,but its just hype for the most part and was probably meant to show off the systems capabilities back when these games were new.

Most neo games tend to be in the 50 to 200 meg range I think, seems like it anyway.

Buro Destruct

Formerly known as, Buro Destruct, , Southtown Stre
Kam:
Hi

My Neo Geo is a MAX 330 MEGA PRO GEAR SPEC. Can anyone tell what this means and how does it compare to other AES systems.

Cheers Guys (and Gals)
It means you seriously need to do some reading. Try the glossary section on this site for a good head start.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
Kam:
Hi

Cheers Guys (and Gals)
Dude my version is wayyyyyyyy better, you should sell yours as fast as u can

My Last Blade 2 has 554 megas!

thats like 300 mor3 than urs!!!11!!

qupe_1975

New Challenger
the roker:
Kam:
Hi

Cheers Guys (and Gals)

and you learnt maths where? :D

G

galfordo

So this guy asks a simple question and you guys are on him like a pack of wolves. And I thought I was a geek ....

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
qupe_1975:
the roker:
Kam:
Hi

Cheers Guys (and Gals)

and you learnt maths where? :D
It wasn't a multiple choice answer or I would have had a better chance of figuring it out glee

Jedite

Bunker Buster
MAX 330 Mega dosen't mean shit. All of the AES consoles say that, so really that MAX 330 Mega dosen't mean anything. I don't pay attention to all the meg crap.

candycab

Vice's Love Slave
Jedite:
MAX 330 Mega dosen't mean shit. All of the AES consoles say that, so really that MAX 330 Mega dosen't mean anything. I don't pay attention to all the meg crap.
just ran across this little tid bit

FACT: "330 Meg Pro-Gear Spec" always seemed to appear in Neo Geo game intros, and was the ROM addressing technology of the Neo Geo. Truth is that the machine has no such limit. Back in 1990, SNK had to give a certain Megabit count as their maximum, and so 330 was used. However current Neo Geo titles have surpassed this 330 megabit standard. For example the game "King of Fighters 2001" was 892 megabits in size.

Found this here , great site wink

<a href="http://darkwatcher.psxfanatics.com/console/neogeo.htm" target="_blank">http://darkwatcher.psxfanatics.com/console/neogeo.htm</a>

mlloyd

Morden's Lackey
Yes, but it answers Kams question which was the original point of this topic!

Tenshokyaku

King's Dry Cleaner
I've always had a hard time believing KOF 2001 has that high of a meg count...where did it all go?

Rade K

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
MAx 330 Mega is a Marketing slogan, when it comes down to it. 'Blast Procesesing' is a similar campaign.