Neo Geo Magazine Advertisements

theshuaman

New Challenger
So I have this little project in mind for my game room that I shall be fabricating very soon.

I plan on framing video game magazine ads from back in the day (EGM, GamePro, etc.) and sticking them all over the place on the walls. The "Document" sized frames seem to work the best as the older issues of mags such as EGM tended to be larger in size. I know this concept of decorating isn't exactly new and I certainly don't want to take credit for any such ideas, but I'm finally getting around to doing it.

Anywho, the point of my ramblings is this...
Does anyone here know of any magazine issues in particular that have Neo Geo related ads within them? (the ones I'm probably most interested in are the ones from Playboy) So rather than take up a large amount of my spare time figuring out what mags even have the ads in them, I was hoping to get some help. Any info would be greatly appreciated from anyone.

- Josh

Rig

Tarma's Gun Polisher
I remember seeing NGPC ads in a bunch of old gaming magazines (EGM and Gamepro, mostly). I'm sure I could track some of those down, if you needed/wanted those.
Heck, I even have that first issue of GameGo! that had the contest for whatever Neo Geo hybrid that never made it out. Though, I don't think I'd want to tear that one out!
(I think that "console" has a story on here...)

Also, I can't be much help in knowing which magazines had which/what ads, but, I have 1000's of gaming magazines sitting in a storage room. Just about some of every gaming magazine from the early 90's - mid 2000's. A lot of those would be full subscriptions.

So, if you find out what magazine (and preferably, what issue # or month) I can prolly make it back and dig through some of the old mags. :)

theshuaman

New Challenger
That's totally cool of you, thanks!

If I find out any issues that would interest me then I'll certainly be in further contact with you.

You know what's crazy...I think I have that exact same GameGo! mag that you're talking about. I'll have to check it out as I haven't opened it up in years.

Oh, and thanks a bunch for responding. Anyone else out there?

the.bet

Kula's Candy
15 Year Member
Gamefan

I know Gamefan had good Neo Geo Coverage. I always used that magazine for any of the less common systems Like Neo Geo, Atari Jaguar ETC

Last edited:

Billkwando

OG OG,
20 Year Member
In KNow Gamefan has good Neo Geo Coverage. I always used that megazone for any of th eless comon systems Like Neo Geo, Atari Jaguar ETC

Yeah Gamefan was teh bomb, especially for Neo coverage.

theshuaman

New Challenger
Oh yeah, GameFan was awesome. Excellent coverage and the pages generally just looked pretty.

It sucks, I used to have so many magazines, and due to several moves and condensing I tossed out a ton of it. Total regret.
I still have the majority of my EGMs, though. I'll have to pull out the ones from 1991 that I have and see if I can find anything AES related.