Neo geo controller cable/plug..where to find?

MKL

Basara's Blade Keeper
20 Year Member
I hope you realize that what that lowlife scumbag seller does is simply buy cheap generic joystick extensions like THIS, shave the female end off and sell it as a NEO GEO extension for a ridiculous markup. Why go through this douchebag when you can do it yourself?

Rengoku

Duck King's DJ
mkl. i hate you 'cause you always have a link for everything while i go crazy searching..

but again thanks so much

chaoticjelly

Kabuki Klasher
MKL said:
I hope you realize that what that lowlife scumbag seller does is simply buy cheap generic joystick extensions like THIS, shave the female end off and sell it as a NEO GEO extension for a ridiculous markup. Why go through this douchebag when you can do it yourself?

So in other words, he buys two of the extensions and converts one into male to male?

Rengoku

Duck King's DJ
some time ago i bought some other so called neo extension cables..and i noticed that those were standard DB15/midi extension cables with the female plug cut to fit the neo holding..
i didn't care 'cause the price was very cheap..but that idiot a cable for 35$ he's mad

btw i dunno if you can clearly see what mkl is saying 'cause the photo is crappy but here it goes

Foto119.jpg

MKL

Basara's Blade Keeper
20 Year Member
yep, that's a pretty well known way to obtain a neo-compatible extension cable. There also exist a few extensions that you don't need to mod because they already have a longer end. The only one I know of is the JXT100 from Startech that I bought from this shop but as I already told you it's total crap as they require a ridiculous amount of force to plug into the port, it could get your system damaged. That really is some crappily manufactured shite. Avoid!

xmods (jwm2)

Dodgeball Yakuza
Not only are the cables on ebay a scam but it takes them 3-4 weeks to ship them once you pay. Stay far away from any neo cables costing more then 5-10 a pop.

chaoticjelly

Kabuki Klasher
Rengoku said:
some time ago i bought some other so called neo extension cables..and i noticed that those were standard DB15/midi extension cables with the female plug cut to fit the neo holding..
i didn't care 'cause the price was very cheap..but that idiot a cable for 35$ he's mad

btw i dunno if you can clearly see what mkl is saying 'cause the photo is crappy but here it goes

Foto119.jpg

Oh yeah I see what you mean, the "cage" around the socket has been removed.

Is it not possible to make extension cables using regular DB15 connectors? Perhaps modified?

Rengoku

Duck King's DJ
regular db15 connectors (the metal kind) are too short to link to the neo console pins..so you have to modify the plug..

afterall i was wondering if some standalone plugs that fit neo can be found somewhere

Rengoku

Duck King's DJ
neogeocables.jpg

just take a closer look..the plug is sewed as you can see in the image

what a scam lol

werejag

Galford's Poppy Trainer
he spent the time to make a package thats inpressive.

lol

SpamYouToDeath

I asked for a, Custom Rank and, Learned My Lesson.
15 Year Member
Can we get that eBay guy for counterfeiting, because his packaging says SNK?

Rengoku

Duck King's DJ
ok, got today some cables..
any advice on how to shave the female plug?
i don't wanna waste no one

zapatistab

Athena's Wardrobe Manager
Rengoku said:
ok, got today some cables..
any advice on how to shave the female plug?
i don't wanna waste no one

I use a very sharp kitchen knife. Just don't cut your finger off. Maybe use a utility knife. (Box Cutter) Probably better. Just don't cut too far.