Neo-geo.com Official WTF NEO Auction Thread

distropia

SouthTown StreetSweeper
10 Year Member
The first one finished at $450 but take a look at the second one...... (mine)
:D

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
You're very lucky it went that high, looks like there was a bid war.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
These prices need to come back down. That is ridiculous.

BobbyPeru

Man of Letters

All it takes is two people to get bidding to drive an auction out into crazy-land. I donèt think itès representative of the market.

:lolz::lolz::lolz::lolz:

Yes... I owe you something, but let's start with a "thank-you" ;)

Way to go, man. It looks like you produce a great product, and that showed with the interest your sale received.

EDIT: My keyboard has apparently been set to French. Donèt mind the accents all over the place.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member

A nice custom CMVS can go anywhere from $400-650. Usually it depends if it's a one-off in which this case it isn't so it's purely a bid war. Usually when a CMVS hits the $600 mark it's an enclosed custom case one that looks great and has great craftsmanship. Of course the price is always up to the buyers.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
yea. the CMVS's were nicely done.
I was referring to some of the AES links.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
yea. the CMVS's were nicely done.
I was referring to some of the AES links.

In that case, it's easy to bring a market down. If no one likes the prices and no one buys the prices will drop BUT there is always some noob that doesn't do their homework and pays stupid prices then the other sellers think that's market value. Pretty messed up cycle.

distropia

SouthTown StreetSweeper
10 Year Member
Maybe that's why neotropolis keep his insane prices...

As a side note: bobbyPeru, your "I donèt think itès" sounds great!!! Keep that french keyb! ;)

Last edited:

Billkwando

OG OG,
20 Year Member
In that case, it's easy to bring a market down. If no one likes the prices and no one buys the prices will drop BUT there is always some noob that doesn't do their homework and pays stupid prices then the other sellers think that's market value. Pretty messed up cycle.

Yep. There's always some oil baron overpaying for carts (or at least that's how I like to imagine it). Then he buys a fleet of Vespas and speeds away with his entourage.

schizrade

n00b
I have to say, some people are desperate for cash right now. Some of the ebay prices are insane. Just wait, they will lower their prices. I got a Sam Spirits 3 for $40 a while back. Deals are there, just don't push the prices on auctions above the lower limit of the price guide.

I would love Waku Waku 7, but not for $650

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEO-GEO-Waku-Waku-7-AES-Japan-Home-console-/120634996326?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c1667f666

Or even better, $790

http://cgi.ebay.com/Japanese-Game-Soft-Waku-Waku-7-Neo-Geo-AES-/280618772764?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item41562ea91c

Of course if that is what people pay, then that becomes the market rate.

Last edited:

Billkwando

OG OG,
20 Year Member
I have to say, some people are desperate for cash right now. Some of the ebay prices are insane. Just wait, they will lower their prices. I got a Sam Spirits 3 for $40 a while back. Deals are there, just don't push the prices on auctions above the lower limit of the price guide.

I would love Waku Waku 7, but not for $650

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEO-GEO-Waku-Waku-7-AES-Japan-Home-console-/120634996326?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c1667f666

Or even better, $790

http://cgi.ebay.com/Japanese-Game-Soft-Waku-Waku-7-Neo-Geo-AES-/280618772764?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item41562ea91c

Of course if that is what people pay, then that becomes the market rate.

Yeah I sold my WW7 minty homecart to a very nice fellow for like $200 or $300 years back, and have been kicking myself ever since......but not nearly as hard as my wife has been kicking me for it.

Luckily an awesome friend is giving me an MVS copy, but still. It was such a big friendly box. LOL

Last edited:

schizrade

n00b
Yeah I sold my WW7 mint homecart to a very nice fellow for like $200 or $300 years back, and have been kicking myself ever since......but not nearly as hard as my wife has been kicking me for it.

Luckily a friend is giving me an MVS copy, but still. It was such a big friendly box. LOL

I love that game, it is completely insane.

Billkwando

OG OG,
20 Year Member
Now if people would stop paying $30 for ""Neo extension cords"" maybe the price would drop on those too. I bought the same identical able from CompUSA for $5 back in the day (when it was a "joyport extension cord").

distropia

SouthTown StreetSweeper
10 Year Member
little off topic, but also a complete WTF:

http://cgi.ebay.es/GREENHOUSE-NINTENDO-GAME-WATCH-POCKETSIZE-MIB-/150590469040?pt=UK_VideoGames_VideoGameConsoles_VideoGameConsoles&hash=item230fe433b0

more than $2000 for a Game&Watch???? That's insane.

By the way, if someone wants a NeoGeo extension cord: http://cgi.ebay.es/10ft-Joystick-Game-Port-Extension-Cable-DB15-M-F-10FT-/120708939443?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c1ad03eb3

only 5 bucks.

WW7 is the most creative fighting game i've seen in years. I bought mine for ... $4 !! Broken, of course... I cleaned the boards and voilá: working one.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
That won't work for an extension cable. The Neo Geo has extended deep hoods.

schizrade

n00b
WW7 is the most creative fighting game i've seen in years. I bought mine for ... $4 !! Broken, of course... I cleaned the boards and voilá: working one.

:envy:

I dream I will come across a yard sale or a thrift store and get one for nothing.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member

That won't work either. Here's the ones I used to sell.

ext-cable.jpg

distropia

SouthTown StreetSweeper
10 Year Member
That won't work for an extension cable. The Neo Geo has extended deep hoods.

Maybe I'm blind. :hammer: Too much time working with standard DB15 connectors and handmade joystick...
Time to dig up my AES.

By the way, where did you get yours?

Last edited: