Neo-geo.com Official WTF NEO Auction Thread

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Yeah.. I should have pulled the trigger.. wyo_vr4 bay area guy, awesome...

Hey there, brotha! Just stick around and be patient. Demand is high but there are plenty of MotW carts out there.

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
it's crap like this that makes me so nervous about buying AES games w/o triple checking that they are legit

Some are relatively safe buying as long as you can see the PCBs from the bottom. Metal Slug 3 can have two black PCBs (PROGLBA, CHAFIO) or one green and one black (PROGBK1, CHAFIO). A Metal Slug 3 with both boards black is a safe bet IMO. I have no idea how you'd get around the P ROM encryption on PROGLBA. That board is not interchangeable with other games that use it either (KOF 99, MS3, MOTW, KOF 2K).

Also, you gotta take note of warning stickers. Some games should or shouldn't have them, based on print run. JPN Metal Slug 3 had two print runs, the second has a PROGBK1 and shouldn't have a warning sticker, because it was a post SNK Corp release.

I don't think Garou MOTW ever had a print run with PROGBK1, just PROGLBA, so that's safe too.

Maybe some frenchie with nothing better to do could figure out a bypass method on PROGLBA, but it wouldn't be anything simpler than wiring all 84 some P ROM connections right to the cart edge, with a 7474 tied in there too. I don't think that is worth the trouble.

Sadly, this all doesn't matter much for the quadruple digit games that were produced earlier on unprotected PCBs.

Last edited:

HeavyMachineGoob

10 Year Member
Yep, any JAMMA-fied AES systems you see were done back when new MVS carts were $1000.

HeavyMachineGoob

10 Year Member
they're still essentially bricking what was originally a 600 dollar console, jesus christ that's painful to see

It still works, just in an arcade cabinet now. It wouldn't be hard to reverse everything if you really wanted to.

Bean_Bandit

New Challenger
Not an auction, but still hilarious. http://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/bab/4550762961.html

qcv1kDd.jpg

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
The seller is neo-converted. Does that answer your question?