Neo-geo.com Official WTF NEO Auction Thread

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Probably a bid war man. I started a thread on this seller's stuff in the Off Commerce section of the market place. Figured that it would help a lot of people out with MVS stuff, but with the fake label Waku Waku 7 cart, the outrageous price of Iritating Maze, and View Point, these auctions are just a shit show now.

Yeah, nice job publicizing them, lol ;)

Ninjainspandex

Sakura's Bank Manager
Probably a bid war man. I started a thread on this seller's stuff in the Off Commerce section of the market place. Figured that it would help a lot of people out with MVS stuff, but with the prices of the fake label Waku Waku 7 cart, the outrageous price of Iritating Maze, and View Point, these auctions are just a shit show now.
Good job getting the French involved :P

Joneo

Belnar Institute Student
wtf is going on with this waku waku 7 auction http://www.ebay.com/itm/Neo-Geo-MVS...579?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a893d8933 just a few weeks ago I bought a cart with a pristine english holo label with serials intact for $90 shipped and this auction is already double that with an hour left and the cart has a half assed fake label and no pics of the board. Did I get a good price on mine or is this just some bid war epeen fight going on here?

Now that you mention it, I do remember seeing this earlier in the year...

Waku__zps7c162ca4.gif

Pretty Amy

Loyal Neo-Disciple
10 Year Member
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEO-GEO-CARTDRIDGES-/121242853429?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c3aa32035

"NEO GEO CARTDRIDGES"

Why is the title plural when the auction is only for a single game? Why doesn't the title include the name of said game (BAMA)?

And he's also got this one: http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEO-GEO-CARTDRIDGE-2-UNKNOWN-/121242856732?hash=item1c3aa32d1c

2 unknown carts. Oh joy! You're actually bidding on Magical Drop 2 and Pulstar. From the current price, it looks like at least the bidders know which games they are. ;)

Last edited:

jesesfbi

Ninja Combat Warrior
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEO-GEO-CARTDRIDGES-/121242853429?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c3aa32035

"NEO GEO CARTDRIDGES"

Why is the title plural when the auction is only for a single game? Why doesn't the title include the name of said game (BAMA)?

And he's also got this one: http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEO-GEO-CARTDRIDGE-2-UNKNOWN-/121242856732?hash=item1c3aa32d1c

2 unknown carts. Oh joy! You're actually bidding on Magical Drop 2 and Pulstar. From the current price, it looks like at least the bidders know which games they are. ;)
Funny thing is in the 2nd auction the name on pulstar is written on the cart and the date acquired lol

bubba966

Cinema Ninja!,

I tried bidding on this one. I started about 1 second too late though. Put a bid in, outbid. tried again, still outbid. Tried one more time and I ran out of time. 1 more second and I would've had another bid in. And that would've been the winning bid. I woulda had it @ $223.45 if I had the time for one last bid... :(

Ninjainspandex

Sakura's Bank Manager
I tried bidding on this one. I started about 1 second too late though. Put a bid in, outbid. tried again, still outbid. Tried one more time and I ran out of time. 1 more second and I would've had another bid in. And that would've been the winning bid. I woulda had it @ $223.45 if I had the time for one last bid... :(
Watch it be a boot haha

ballzdeepx

Rugal's Secretary
20 Year Member
I mean it's your money and all but that price seems way high for Pulstar and MD2 loose and in that condition.

bubba966

Cinema Ninja!,
I mean it's your money and all but that price seems way high for Pulstar and MD2 loose and in that condition.

Pulstar seems to disappear @$200 instantly in the same or lesser condition. I figured that $220 or so for it & MD2 wasn't so bad. Sure, it'd have been nicer if they hadn't been written on.

Maybe if that Chinese kid wasn't hoarding Pulstars they'd be a little cheaper and easier to find... :lolz:

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Pulstar seems to disappear @$200 instantly in the same or lesser condition. I figured that $220 or so for it & MD2 wasn't so bad. Sure, it'd have been nicer if they hadn't been written on.

Maybe if that Chinese kid wasn't hoarding Pulstars they'd be a little cheaper and easier to find... :lolz:

I was hoping to snag this one since it was mislisted but it actually ended up selling for an above average amount. Not worth it, IMO.

Tyranix95

Chang's Grocer
Anybody can pay a lot of money for some Unknown carts, that's the easy part. But, can they get those Unknown carts--to work!. :lolz:

Last edited:

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member

Pulstars have been $140-165 for a while now, there is still a lot of them out there. It's turning into the equivalent of MOTW, people just want to play it and not care about the condition of the game. $220 is a small bit higher than market value but within the range.

bubba966

Cinema Ninja!,
Pulstars have been $140-165 for a while now, there is still a lot of them out there. It's turning into the equivalent of MOTW, people just want to play it and not care about the condition of the game. $220 is a small bit higher than market value but within the range.

They've gone for that price and above here lately. Gone within minutes of being posted. Recent eBay prices have been $187, $209, $277, & $279. And those were all from international sellers so there's another $25-$35 shipping on them all. MD2 seems to go for $30-40. Occasionally up to $50. I didn't have MD2 yet, so I'd actually want it as well. So paying $180-$190 or so on a Pulstar would have been ok with me as I'm trying to find one under $200.

Yeah, I'm sure I'll get lucky eventually and pick one up. But most of the stuff here seems to get posted with when I'm at work, or asleep. So I miss those $150ish Pulstars around here. Makes paying a $30 eBay premium over marketplace pricing fine by me. I've certainly spent over $30 worth of my time trying to find one...

ballzdeepx

Rugal's Secretary
20 Year Member
bubba forget about MD2 and go for part 3, trust me on this.
Good luck on the hunt though man!

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
They've gone for that price and above here lately. Gone within minutes of being posted. Recent eBay prices have been $187, $209, $277, & $279. And those were all from international sellers so there's another $25-$35 shipping on them all. MD2 seems to go for $30-40. Occasionally up to $50. I didn't have MD2 yet, so I'd actually want it as well. So paying $180-$190 or so on a Pulstar would have been ok with me as I'm trying to find one under $200.

Yeah, I'm sure I'll get lucky eventually and pick one up. But most of the stuff here seems to get posted with when I'm at work, or asleep. So I miss those $150ish Pulstars around here. Makes paying a $30 eBay premium over marketplace pricing fine by me. I've certainly spent over $30 worth of my time trying to find one...

People pay a lot more during an auction than they normally would. Case and point, there would be Pulstars listed at a buy it now of $165, no one buys it but the one listed for $1 gets people bidding up past $200. The occurrences happen all the time with higher priced carts. Don't forget the recent Irritating Maze cart that always sells for $65-80 just sold in auction for $300+. This is why I never go off auction prices, I go off fair market value.

bubba966

Cinema Ninja!,
bubba forget about MD2 and go for part 3, trust me on this.
Good luck on the hunt though man!

Good to know. I'm not actively trying for MD2. But would be fine picking it up in a lot.

And I've had an interesting couple of auction between today and yesterday. I've had the same guy on two different auctions outbid me, then later retract his bid. Some guy with 430 feedback score. Not sure what that's about, but I don't like it.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
And I've had an interesting couple of auction between today and yesterday. I've had the same guy on two different auctions outbid me, then later retract his bid. Some guy with 430 feedback score. Not sure what that's about, but I don't like it.

Sounds like shill bidding. They do that to check your max then bid up to it but once in a while people just get too excited and bid on a bunch of stuff then realize they bid on too much and start retracting bids.

bubba966

Cinema Ninja!,
People pay a lot more during an auction than they normally would. Case and point, there would be Pulstars listed at a buy it now of $165, no one buys it but the one listed for $1 gets people bidding up past $200. The occurrences happen all the time with higher priced carts. Don't forget the recent Irritating Maze cart that always sells for $65-80 just sold in auction for $300+. This is why I never go off auction prices, I go off fair market value.

Very true. I've been using eBay for nearly 16 years now and have seen that happen time & time again. But if you're trying to buy something on eBay that doesn't ever get put up for a reasonable buy it now and is listed for auctions then I'd say going buy recent sold auction values is how you're going to price something bought that way.

Only Pulstar buy it nows I see are north of $300. That's not reasonable. If one showed up for $165 buy it now I'd not hesitate the least in picking it up.

Like I said I'm sure I'll snag one at some point. Hopefully for under $200. More likely I'll get lucky here for under $200. I certainly have gotten lucky once or twice here. But it's a rarity due to my schedule...

bubba966

Cinema Ninja!,
Sounds like shill bidding. They do that to check your max then bid up to it but once in a while people just get too excited and bid on a bunch of stuff then realize they bid on too much and start retracting bids.

I'd think so. But these were two different auctions from two different sellers. They were both MVS cart auctions though.

First one
http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBids&_trksid=p2047675.l2565&rt=nc&item=251410615087

Second one
http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBids&_trksid=p2047675.l2565&rt=nc&item=111244095586

Notice on the first auction it was nearly 30 minutes before he retracted his bid. Second auction was only 2 minutes. And most shill bidding I've seen was by fake/dupe accounts with no to low feedback. Dude has a 430 score, which is higher than mine which has taken nearly 16 years to reach. It'd be interesting to go through the recent MVS cart auctions and see if he actually won anything, or just bid & retracted a bunch.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
If it was the same seller then I would think it's shill bidding. According to the links, he's just an asshole. I think ebay has a feature that lets sellers block people with so many retractions in a 6 month period, I think 5 or 6.

bubba966

Cinema Ninja!,
If it was the same seller then I would think it's shill bidding. According to the links, he's just an asshole. I think ebay has a feature that lets sellers block people with so many retractions in a 6 month period, I think 5 or 6.

Asshole at the least. Like I said seemed fishy to me. Being two different auctions, two different sellers, two different carts, two different days, etc. Not sure if they guy is trying to pull some shit or what.

WTF is all I can really say...

Tw3ek

69Vapelord420
10 Year Member

5 or 6 still seems like an awful lot of retractions in that short a time span though.