neo geo cd power supply AC substitute

hooby

n00b
I bought a neo geo cd unit on ebay, and have been hunting for a power supply to go with it. However, I have only found one, and I would like to think there is a cheaper option (it was $40).
Is there any place that could be recommended for buying a new or used power supply (ebay is lacking)?
The dc in on the back of the NGCD unit has a weird looking proprietary 3 pin input - are there any other electronics that use the same plug?
(for image see bottom here: http://www.vidgame.net/SNK/NGCD.html )

Is there any way I could rig up my own new adapter for use on this console? If so, could someone please list the specs of a normal NCGD power supply? Or, could someone post up a detailed photo of the unit and/or type out what it says on it?

Thanks!!

Mystic_flame

Zero's Tailor
Your shit out of luck. This isnt a regular item and not too many appliances use this sort of power. I have only seen 3 items with this kind of adaptor. You would have been better off buying a system with the cables and power. Buying a cheap deck then hunting down the PSU isnt a good idea for the CD systems. The CD system is a common item, but the parts are not so common. Your best bet is to get the $40 PSU. If you rig up your own adaptor you might fry your system making it worth $0. Again...Its all up to you.