Neo Geo CD appraisal

hooby

n00b
Hello, I haven't posted here in several years, but I know this is the best place to get an answer to my question.

A few years ago I got a top loading NGCD system on ebay - no cables, controllers, box, or anything. I later purchased an AC adapter separately.

I am considering selling it off because I need the cash and though a cool item in my collection of video game stuff, I think it could find a better owner.

I saw that the price guide recommends a low of $110 for NGCDs, but mine is only in so-so condition.
If I remember, the case seemed to have taken a beating.
This is one picture I have at the moment:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v331/bryanman7/incuhc.jpg
Also, I think the CD tray may be off balance a little - when I tested some CDs/game backups in it I remember them brushing against the bottom, but they played ok.
So it may need a little work.
I would include the power adapter and standard RCA video cables.
About how much should something like this go for? I was thinking about $100. And either here or ebay.

OPTIONAL- I haven't done any research here yet...
Part 2 of my question: when I got the system without controllers, I decided to mod my Dreamcast arcade sticks (the good ones, and two of them) to have NeoGeo cables (PC joystick) in addition to their DC cables. The mod was successful. How much would/should those go for?

Thank you!

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
I wouldnt think you would get a full $100 for the CD system in its current condition. 80 is perhaps a better estimate (in my opinion) considering I picked up a like-new unit, in box, for 140.

Praise the Lard

Sieger's Squire
If you got it off eBay there is a good chance it is worth about what you paid. I've seen complete systems with games go for less than $80, so I doubt it's worth that.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
In that condition I would say for the system alone $45-60 and you need to pop the right side back in according to that photo.

For the sticks it depends on how clean they look.