Neo Geo AES sync issues

mr_flaps

War Room Troll
Hi everyone,

I recently tried my AES on my Sony PVM and noticed the screen flickers and rolls a lot. It flickers a little on my plasma flat screen but not nearly as much as on the PVM. The intensity differs depending on the game and what is on the screen. I have tried both component cables and RGB scart to rule out bad cables. I tried to research the problem but haven't had any luck finding someone who has a resolution to my problem. Part of me thinks it's a leaky capacitor. Anyone got any advice for me? Thanks in advance.

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
post a pic or video of the issue. My bet is both your PVM and Plasma are not handling well sync over composite video.
You can use an external sync cleaner or or just use pin 7 on the din end of the RGB cable as sync (C-Sync) instead of pin3 (C-video).

It'll cover the AES problem, but you'll still have the same issues on other systems that use C-video as sync.

mr_flaps

War Room Troll
Thanks for your reply Atro.
I have added 2 pictures. Notice the problem is at the top of the screen of the pvm picture but on the plasma screen it looks good. the rolling i was experiencing seems to have went away on its own which is weird. The RGB cable im using is using c-video for sync. A cable using c-sync is a good suggestion. I dont wanna modify the cable im using cable though due to it being my genesis cable, but i ordered a new RGB cable for the neo geo last week that i will use c-sync with and it should resolve my problem like you said. I still kinda wanna get component to work perfectly though. Do you think this could be a cap issue?
PVM.PNG

PLASMA.JPG