Neo Geo AES power adapter question

kris79

Cheng's Errand Boy
I purchased a Dynex Universal Adapter for my Japanese AES system. This adapter tells me that it is for DC powered electronics 1200mA or less and I can adjust it to 9 volt output. The problem is that when I plug it in I get no power. When I hook it up to my NES I get power. Why does this not work for me Neo Geo? I have a Neo-O model.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

ApolloBoy

Edo Express Delivery Guy
EDIT: You sure your console doesn't use a 5V PSU? IIRC, the NEO-0 model uses a 5V PSU and not a 9V one. Stop using that PSU as it could kill your AES and see if you can get your hands on a 5V 3 amp PSU, tip negative.

Last edited:

kris79

Cheng's Errand Boy
The bottom of the system tells me that it uses the PRO-POW-3 adapter. According to some research I should be using a 9V or more.

ApolloBoy

Edo Express Delivery Guy
The bottom of the system tells me that it uses the PRO-POW-3 adapter. According to some research I should be using a 9V or more.
Ah OK, you should be fine with that PSU then. Make sure that the polarity is tip negative as tip positive doesn't work. The reason why it worked on your NES is because the NES accepts an AC power supply and hence it doesn't matter which polarity your PSU is.

kris79

Cheng's Errand Boy
Ahhh, I got it. I looked at the adapter and it tells me that it is tip positive. Thank you ApolloBoy for pointing this out for me. I really appreciate it!

atk

n00b
Hi everyone sorry for bumping this dead thread, I'm not able to start threads. Purchased a Japanese AES and it came with an HVC-002 Famicom power supply. The AES takes a PRO-POW3 adapter, serial # is in the 220,000's. I've looked on ebay but haven't had much luck with locating one. Just wondering if it's okay to run with the power supply I was given?
AC100V 50/60Hz 18VA
DC10V 850mA
Thanks.