Neo Geo AES and Genesis adapter

atomk12

n00b
I have been reading that some of us were able to use the
Sega Genesis AC adapter with the Neo Geo AES system.
I have just purchased the Neo Geo AES English version adapter
with the specs: Phihong PSC-15A 050S, 5V,3A

This did not work, so I am wondering what the specs are of the Genesis adapter. So Far I have not found that the specs of the Genesis adapter match the Neo Geo I have.

Any help is appreciated.

MKL

Basara's Blade Keeper
20 Year Member
The sticker on the bottom of the system tells what PSU to use.

Pro Pow = 5V3A

Pro Pow E = 9V1.2A

Pro Pow 3 = 10V1A

The Genesis PSU will replace a Pro Pow E, while the Phihong PSU you mentioned will replace a Pro Pow.

atomk12

n00b
Using a Genesis adapter for Neo Geo AES

Now that I am sure that I have purchased the correct adapter.
How can I tell if the Neo Geo is getting power. Since there is no picture coming up on the TV, I assumed that the Neo is not working, however when I plug in the AV cables to the TV, it make a sound, as though there is power running through the system.

After reading information from other threads, I have received mixed information about the correct adapter and so on.
I am wondering if I have the wrong adapter after all, since another user said that thte polarity was wrong. Then he suggested that I invert the polarity on the adapter, which I am not sure how to do.

All I can say is there are no parts floating around inside the Neo and I have taken good care of it, so It does not sound broken, however when I plug everything in, I get no picture or sound.

I did take apart my only game which is SSII, just to make sure that the game was not broke, I am not sure if this would make a difference, since the Neo will not power up without a game inside.

I am lost for sure.
Thank you guys for all of your time and info.
:confused:

MKL

Basara's Blade Keeper
20 Year Member
If you manage to change the polarity of the PSU (as I explained to you in the other thread) and the Neo still gives no signs of life, then your best option is to send it to someone like Jeff Kurtz (he's also a mod here so you can easily find his email address) to check if it can be fixed.

atomk12

n00b
Phihong adapter

If the Phihong adapter that I have purchased is the same
exact model that NEO-Store is selling, does this mean that
they have inverted the polarity on theirs, as well?

MKL

Basara's Blade Keeper
20 Year Member
Re: Phihong adapter

atomk12 said:
If the Phihong adapter that I have purchased is the same
exact model that NEO-Store is selling, does this mean that
they have inverted the polarity on theirs, as well?

Evidently.