Neo Drift Out or Over the Top

Gameoz

Crossed Swords Knight
15 Year Member
I have just ordered Neo Drift Out but I have also been thinking about picking up Over the Top. I have not seen much for reviews of either game or talk about them.

Is one considered better than the other? Would it be worth owning both?

Thanks...

ttooddddyy

PNG FTW,
Neo Driftout is a far superior game, much better game play and replay value than overtop.

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
Gameoz said:
I have just ordered Neo Drift Out but I have also been thinking about picking up Over the Top. I have not seen much for reviews of either game or talk about them.

Thanks...

Would it be worth owning both?

I'd say yes..Now that you've bought Neo Drift Out ..

Neo Drift Out is just so much fun to play..

Overtop isn't as fun but it's different....and still a great game..

I bought them in this order.
I got Overtop first..
Thrash Rally
Neo Drift Out.

Neo Drift Out is the best...It just Rocks..
then.
Overtop
Thrash Rally...

I found Thrash Rally to be harder then both Overtop and Drift Out..

I'm looking for another Thrash Rally..So I can link them..

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
Gameoz said:

Thanks...

NDO > OT

in my book

TonK

Least Valuable Player
6302816319.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Last edited:

Baseley09

Hair Group,
Thrash Rally is the king.

Though there's nothing wrong with NDO & OT, both very good, though like the dudes say, NDO is more fun.

SuperPang

Cham Cham's Espresso,
I hope we're talking MVS and not CD cos I seem to remember Overtop having nasty loading times.

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
I played Neo Driftout this afternoon and it seems not that impressive to me.
Overtop is much fun to play.

Maybe I'll need to spend more time and play it.......

Superfamifreak

Ralf & Clark's Drinking Buddy
20 Year Member
NDO all the way. Overtop is 'OK', but Drift Out just has that 'magic ingredient' that will make you come back every time.

whitey

NEST Puppet
Guess I am in the minority.......

Overtop is one of my all time Neo Geo Favs. If you like games where you are going for the best time/score, overtop is for you. There are a ton of shortcuts in the game and it will take you a while to find all of them. I remember spending hours trying to get the best time possible with the motorcycle.

I have Neo Drift Out but must admit I never gave it a fair chance. I had played Overtop before playing driftout and was expecting something as fun as overtop but after the first few plays, I was not impressed. It is a good game, but for some reason I never thought it was a fun to play as Overtop.

Neo Gold

(no need to shout), Because Rot is Watching YOU!
Gameoz said:

Thanks...
I have never played Overtop... :( but Neo-drift out is an excellent little rally fest, really good zooming effect..nice and playable, its fun & moves like lightning!!...only has six levels though and you will soon have those licked... just a quick fix type game i feel... i don't think you will be disapointed buddy :buttrock:

SSS

neo retired
This is a tough one, but I'd have to say overtop. Drift Out is easier to get into that's why it usually wins this argument. But Overtop is the better game IMO. Graphics are better. (can't tell me the same crowd in Driftout dressed up in different colors is nice graphics). Tons of detail, and shortcuts to find. Hell, one shortcut you can even drive in the lake between some buoys. Not a fast route but still neat.

Neo Bomber Man

Miracle Seller, , ,
whitey said:
If you like games where you are going for the best time/score, overtop is for you. There are a ton of shortcuts in the game and it will take you a while to find all of them.

Oddly enough, the MVS sticker shows you every shortcut in the game. Don't know who was stupid enough in ADK to decide on printing that.

whitey

NEST Puppet
Neo Bomber Man said:
Oddly enough, the MVS sticker shows you every shortcut in the game. Don't know who was stupid enough in ADK to decide on printing that.

lol.....never noticed that.

FOMOCO&CO

Belnar Institute Student
20 Year Member
ot>ndo>tr

I liked OVERTOP and it's "style"..
Neo Drift Out is good because of the bigger size of the cars...
Thrash Rally is where it all began, I probably played it most waaaaay back(it was the only one at the time, for quite some time)
But I'd rate 'em @
OT
NDO ...really close
then
TR

LINK UP YOUR THRASH RALLY FOR A FEW MORE CARS AND A MUCH FASTER ONE THAT HELPED THE GAME A LOT ....

PS LINKING RIDING HEROES SUCKS...IMO

ericb

NEST Puppet
Amano Jacu said:
es_cinp_001345.jpg

This is the correct Spanish version ;)

Over the Top got some mention on The Contender last night... did anyone watch? Now, that is good television.