Neo 29 cab for $350 Good Deal?

Fox1

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy,
20 Year Member
Looks pretty good...not a bad price

TrAb

Crazed MVS Addict
For some reason link isnt working for me, but if its in at least decent shape thats a killer deal. Id pick it up...

loegan43

I've served my time in the Dark Army., Have you?,
15 Year Member
Saw the same ad on craigslist, bet it goes fast. Pretty good price IMO.

Bargain Price, when You`re not too far to pick it up, Grab it!

But:... are gonna Tate it? Not sure if these one is tateable?

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
That's a really good deal IMO. Some yellowing on the bezel but nothing major. A great find!

systmdfect

Baseball Star Hitter
I'd just ask about the screen. Finding a replacement can be a pain. And nobody likes burn-in.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
Nice looking game. If the monitor is in good shape, I'd try $300 as the best offer.

mmsadda

Just buy my shit. Seriously. You can call me Susan
10 Year Member
Buy it. Make me jealous.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Not a particularly great deal without the board..

Especially for being on the West Coast.

At that price, it might actually sit for a while... Realy depends on where it's at.,

I'd pick it up if I needed one..... But I wouldn't go out of my way at that price.

PS: Are the Neo Candy 29's supposed to have that crazy side art that the Neo Geo 29's have?

loegan43

15 Year Member
Not a particularly great deal without the board..

Especially for being on the West Coast.

At that price, it might actually sit for a while... Realy depends on where it's at.,

I'd pick it up if I needed one..... But I wouldn't go out of my way at that price.

PS: Are the Neo Candy 29's supposed to have that crazy side art that the Neo Geo 29's have?

The Neo Candy 29's don't have spectacular side art, just the red tape with Neo Candy along the side. Nice cabs IMO.

I bought it! Time for some cleaning and button replacement. Overall it's in good shape but the CP has slightly yellowed. The monitor looks new. Maybe I'll hook up the MVS from my big red to check it out.

loegan43

15 Year Member
Congratulations, looks like a nice looking cab. Mind posting pictures once you get it cleaned up? Any burn in on the monitor?

Sure. I'll post some pics this week. Visially it looks good bit it appears that the cp had holes drilled in it to support non-japanese controllers. Damn...

OK, Here's some pics of the cab in action. My camera sucks, but the monitor seems to have no burning and of course the cabinet needs some TLC. My main gripes are the control panel which seems to have been hacked and I'm having trouble getting true stereo sound out of my MVS. I get sound out of both speakers but it's not stereo. Sound is missing. That's my room mate, who I couldn't pry off to take pictures...

CIMG0135.jpg

CIMG0134.jpg

CIMG0132.jpg

CIMG0130.jpg

CIMG0129.jpg

NipRing

The Shlonginator,
Neo 29, that was my first cab too. About 5 years ago I paid $500 for it, no mobo either. Regardless, i loved it. Its a great starter candy and $350 is a fair price. Enjoy!

Thanks! My first is my Sega Aero City but it was completely gutted so It quickly became a MAME cab. I'm in the process of restoring it tho. I just purcased an Esprade PCB that I 'd like to play on it. Soon I hope.

Welp, I took the control panel apart and I'm a little disappointed. It looks like I may need to drill some holes into this thing to get my seimitsu controllers or I can buy a new control panel. I guess I can drill holes to use it for the meantime, but I'd rather have a proper control panel. Here's some pics.

CIMG0137.jpg

They even drilled the 1player, select, and 2player holes to fit the crappy 30mm buttons they had.

CIMG0140.jpg