Need to get better sound want to get Amp but not sure if it will help - Help Needed

complexs6

Camel Slug
Hey guys I need to get some better sound out of my hyper 64 on SS64 I can hear everything fine but the annoucer is the only thing I cant hear, I sometimes can hear it (very faintly - barely) and most of the time you cant hear him at all. It keeps doing this throughout game play. I have a brother into music and he recommended buying a small amp like this one on ebay, but he is not into all this arcade video game stuff so I want to make sure and ask you guys. Will it help? I have bare wire speakers now hooked up and it seems this amp takes regular plugs so Ill have to get some other speakers. But I dont wanna buy anything if it aint going to help. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks guys

Last edited:

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Is the sound coming from the HNG64 amped before hand or meant to be amped externally?

You mean to say the announcer is muted, but the music and SFX is loud and clear?

Does your amplifier have any sort of surround sound function? If the announcer is played back in mono, but SFX and BGM is typically stereo of some sort, your amplifier could be rejecting mono signals and amplifying stereo ones.

I say all this b/c my old Fischer boom box does this exact same thing with its surround feature. I mean your audio out is an analog function. Try headphones direct out of the H64 to prove this theory.

complexs6

Camel Slug
Thanks, I have it connected from the molex connector (connected to Hyper mobo) and the other end is bare wire just hooked up to regular speakers. Any help would be greatly appreciated, Thanks

Last edited:

complexs6

Camel Slug
I have to bump this back up because I still need help, who here has had this problem? Sound effects and music sounds fine but voices are barely hearable and I was curious if I got an external amplifier would it help in fixing the sound, I have bare wire speakers connected to the molex connector that goes to the speaker output on the Hyper board. The sound also seems to need to be filtered because I can hear alittle static I am not sure but can this be because I stripped off the end of the wire to get bare wire to plug into speakers?

This whole setup is on a supernova not a cab.

Last edited: