Need some repair work done!

Hi all-

Couldn't really find a better place to put this post, but I need some repair work done on non-Neo systems, if anyone does this type of work.

1) PS3 80gb backward compatible YLOD
2) Atari Jaguar CD won't spin disc
3) Turbo CD won't spin disc

Please let me know if you can help, and at what cost. Thanks!

Bill

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
Hi all-

Couldn't really find a better place to put this post, but I need some repair work done on non-Neo systems, if anyone does this type of work.

1) PS3 80gb backward compatible YLOD
2) Atari Jaguar CD won't spin disc
3) Turbo CD won't spin disc

Please let me know if you can help, and at what cost. Thanks!

Bill

1) probably a reflow job- lots of tutorials online. I just did my first one and it came out well. its pretty easy to do yourself, but it is time consuming.

2) ive had several of those. The jag cd tends to just die and they are known for that. I will bet that it is a near impossible repair for anyone.

i hope that helps a little.

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
From what I hear, the common Jaguar CD failure is caused by a bad Jaguar cart slot...

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
For the Turbo CD, PM Jetblue, he's a Turbo CD master.

Alpha Skyhawk

Windjammers Wonder
For the Jaguar CD, I've heard about how the spindle or something can get pushed down by accident, and it fails to work because of that. You might have to raise it slightly. Since you say it won't spin the discs, it doesn't sound like the AVGN red screen of death.

For the Turbo CD, it might not be the fix you're looking for, but somebody has made a replacement gear set that cuts loading times in half. Check the PCEngineFX forums for more info. Other than that, I don't know.