Need some help...

TSXGuy

New Challenger
Hey guys...new member here. I am looking at buying a cabinet but I'm a little confused. I'd like to run MAME on it but also would like to play MVS carts, Sega, etc.

So, I'm just curious based on your advice what is the best Cab to buy? I don't plan on ripping off roms, I just want to know the best option.

I'm pretty dumb with the Super Gun type stuff so any basic info would be great.

Thanks!

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
if you hurt a neo cab, we will find you.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Viewlix cab would be perfect for you.

http://www.coinopexpress.com/products/machines/cabinets_only/Vewlix_L_Taito_cabinet_7872.html

Vewlix-L-Dia-Acade-Game-Cabinet.jpg

hyper

fresh out of fucks
10 Year Member
Search craigslist, find a cab with a good working monitor, don't pay more than $200.

Jonny l3lanka

Morden's Lackey
If you find a fully working cab.. you are ready to go for anything Jamma.. so for sega or old arcade games.. just connect the board to the jamma connector.. for MVS you will need an MVS motherboard and thats that.

for mame you will obviously need some sort of pc setup inside but I dont know all the ins and outs of that one. I dont like the idea of mame cabs.. too many games to choose from of which you will probably never play..

TSXGuy

New Challenger
Thanks a LOT guys...really appreciate it. I'm really not that interested in MAME so I'll look at one of those Viewflix Cabs!!

dspoonrt

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
Thanks a LOT guys...really appreciate it. I'm really not that interested in MAME so I'll look at one of those Viewflix Cabs!!

Good luck with your search. Viewlix cabs are not easy to come by (you'll probably have to get one from Japan). You should start saving up, too. They're mighty expensive.

It looks like you're in SoCal. You should be able to find a wide range of nice cabs out there. I envy you.