Need help from Japanese members (Tokyo)

Seijuro Hiko

Camel Slug
Hi everyone,

I'm planning to go to Tokyo with 2 friends this September for the TGS2005, and I have a few questions to ask because I never was in Japan:

- Is it true the public can enter TGS on the last day of the show? (09.18.)

- How much does it cost to enter the show?

- In the same week there's the Jamma Show 2005, can public enter it too?

- Where are the places in Tokyo to buy videogames and find game centers? What are the best stores, the best or biggest game center (if there's is one) in Tokyo?

- Where's the location of the Neogeo Land? (Osaka?)

That's for the first, thanks for any help! :)

tsukaesugi

Holy shit, it's a ninja!,
Seijuro Hiko said:
- Is it true the public can enter TGS on the last day of the show? (09.18.)

Last year, only the first day was industry-only, the last two days were open for the public. I dunno about this year, but if it's a 3-day event, you oughtta be able to get in for 2 days.

Seijuro Hiko said:
- How much does it cost to enter the show?

I honestly don't remember (I was drunk at the time). Somewhere between 1500 and 3000 yen.

Seijuro Hiko said:
- In the same week there's the Jamma Show 2005, can public enter it too?

Dunno about that either.

Seijuro Hiko said:
- Where are the places in Tokyo to buy videogames and find game centers? What are the best stores, the best or biggest game center (if there's is one) in Tokyo?

Akihabara in Tokyo, and Den Den Town in Osaka are the two main places, although there are game centers everywhere.

Seijuro Hiko said:
- Where's the location of the Neogeo Land? (Osaka?)

There were 2 Neo-Geo Lands, one in Osaka, and one in Tokyo, but they both closed down. There are still two Neo-Geo Bowls (Bowling, Gaming, and Karaoke) left: one in Chiba (next to Tokyo), and one in Sendai (far away up north).

The End

tsukaesugi

Holy shit, it's a ninja!,
Sir Barfs A Lot said:
Understatement of the year :lol:

Were there even any games there? i didnt notice :glee:

I was too busy pestering the cosplayers to waste my time on games.

Looking forward to this year too heheheheh

RBjakeSpecial

Land of the Rising Bling:,
20 Year Member
We have to start preparing now for Tokyo Game Show 2005! Lets get even drunker, take even more pictures of the women, and more Sho-chu hair of the dog (you crazy fuck!)

The funny thing is that well probably still be playing Virtua Fighter Evolution after the show. The other day Rassolin and I played it and Gran Turismo 4 all night. Lau will conquer all :emb: :emb: :emb:

Edit: Sir barfs a lot!!!!!!!!! The shit was yellow coming out. A bounce back off the seat. That was some nasty shit!

Ghost-Dog

Presented by the Florida Department of Economic Op
20 Year Member
RBjakeSpecial said:
We have to start preparing now for Tokyo Game Show 2005! Lets get even drunker, take even more pictures of the women, and more Sho-chu hair of the dog (you crazy fuck!)

The funny thing is that well probably still be playing Virtua Fighter Evolution after the show. The other day Rassolin and I played it and Gran Turismo 4 all night. Lau will conquer all :emb: :emb: :emb:

Edit: Sir barfs a lot!!!!!!!!! The shit was yellow coming out. A bounce back off the seat. That was some nasty shit!

It's posts like this that make me want to hurry up and finish school, so the wife and I can return to Tokyo permanently.

Rassilon

Angel's Love Slave
How much or how long?
Chiba city is about 40-45 mins from tokyo or akihabara station, and about 620 yen.
Kaihin makuhari (where the tgs show is) is a bit closer: 30 mins and 540 yen.

Seijuro Hiko

Camel Slug
Rassilon said:
How much or how long?
Chiba city is about 40-45 mins from tokyo or akihabara station, and about 620 yen.
Kaihin makuhari (where the tgs show is) is a bit closer: 30 mins and 540 yen.

Yes, I mean how long. Thanks Rassilon. :)

RBjakeSpecial

Land of the Rising Bling:,
20 Year Member
Dudes. We better start refining our VF game now. I have gotta get back into final tuned in the arcade. My character is still only 1st dan.

The manager I was obsessing about is responsive. Looks like I might have a new loverrrrrr. Ill tell you all about it when I see you. Hopefully my stories will include bodily fluids and motor oil.

We gotta have a game night when I move into Hirai. Ill let yall know by email time and the place.

Rassilon

Angel's Love Slave
RBjakeSpecial said:
Dudes. We better start refining our VF game now. I have gotta get back into final tuned in the arcade. My character is still only 1st dan.

The manager I was obsessing about is responsive. Looks like I might have a new loverrrrrr. Ill tell you all about it when I see you. Hopefully my stories will include bodily fluids and motor oil.

We gotta have a game night when I move into Hirai. Ill let yall know by email time and the place.
Youre a dirty bastard. :mad:
Send pics.

rock'n'roll on the bash at the new place though.

aria

Former Moderator
This thread has made me envious. Maybe the MN Gang should start emulating the JPN Mafia (or should I say Neo-Yakuza).

Fortunately I will be on an 11 day fact-finding mission to Japan in about a month.

Kain R Heinlein

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Bobak said:
This thread has made me envious. Maybe the MN Gang should start emulating the JPN Mafia (or should I say Neo-Yakuza).

Fortunately I will be on an 11 day fact-finding mission to Japan in about a month.

You don´t envy fokes!
You own them, Moderator.

Seijuro Hiko

Camel Slug
For those who went to a TGS.

Can somebody tell which Metroline, to which station should I take to go there, please?

Thanks!