NCS! Check this out!

Shawn

snkusa.com
Don’t get me wrong. I have bought from NCS in the past, once, and did not have any trouble from what I recall.

But for the past couple months I have emailed ncs@escape.com about KoF 2000 consistently and they have failed to provide me with any pricing or availability.

email from NCS sent Tue 11/7/00 10:32 AM:
Hi Shawn, thanks for your e-mail. We can accept pre-orders but we are not sure if we will be able to supply 10-20 units at this time but we'll add your request to our reservation schedule and contact you with an update by early December. Feel free to let us know if you have any questions.

Regards,
NCS

Fran

today forever
20 Year Member
so where did it all go wrong?

i'm still waitin

and,not surpisingly

in vain

now
its a bit of a fookin bummer

cos REALLY wanted that spinmaster cart

i suppose they simply cant be arsed
so fair play to them

i swear i just might weep openly now tho

bear with me,yeah?

JRock917

, ,
yeah, Chimp is right about the emails, they were quick to respond to me when I preordered KOF 2000, hell, I got the reservation the same day I submitted my pre order, it was on a Sunday at that. But if I remember correctly, I had tried to email them too before I actually went to the NCS website and submitted a pre order there; the email was never responded to, but the inquiry placed from the website was. Maybe that would help speed things up Shawn if you have not done that already.

chimpmeister

Former Moderator
Shawn, I don't see any problem with the response you got. NCS has placed you on the reservation list, and if they get enough carts I'm sure you can get that many. The only thing they are NOT doing is GUARANTEEING that you get that many carts . . . which is reasonable and prudent, given the low production numbers of these carts. I wouldn't complain, it sounded to me originally that you were getting NO response from them, when if fact you did.

Shawn

snkusa.com
The fact is that I have emailed NCS for months asking for pricing and availability of KoF 2000 and they have avoided sufficiently answering my question. Not once have they provided me with a price, not even an estimated price. I can see that they can’t guarantee me any # of carts because they obviously haven’t placed their order yet. I want to purchase X amount of games for X amount of dollars, this is the information they won’t provide me with. I’m just frustrated from calling and emailing NCS over and over with zero progress. Two months is a long time to avoid providing an answer. The way I see it, if I buy from NCS, I would attempt to reserve two carts at most and pay whatever price they slap on them. At least Dion can sell me large quantities of KoF 2k with a set price. This may not seem like a problem to you, but to me NCS is no different than buy-rites service. May be I’m just having bad luck with NCS. Did they provide anyone with a solid price??

benares

Kula's Candy
I haven't gotten a price yet but I think the alluded to about $347.00.

I have never purchased from Dion before and I don't know if the guy is honest. All I know is that he marks carts way up and then sometimes he doesn't even deliver the carts. This is based on the many responses I've heard on here including yours. And you mean to tell me even after you have put Chris in your black book that you are still going to buy from them? You're nuts!

I'll give them a ring on Monday and see what is up. The best bet is to find as many places that are preordering KOF2000 as possible and get your names on their lists. When the game is available, scope eBay to see if anyone disliked the game and scoop them up there.

Again, I have mixed feelings about Dion. At one point I seriously thought about sending him an email for an unreleased cart. But now that their are people like Jeff Kurtz who are better at electronics than they are - who needs the headaches?

nick_th_fury

Baseball Star Hitter
Did they provide anyone with a solid price??
---------------------------------

Ncs has stated several times that they dont know. None of us have gotten an exact price. Its unfortunate, but so far it seems we are all in the same boat.
-nick_th_fury

hupplark_39

Kabuki Klasher
Chimp is right about NCS, I've been dealing with them also for a very long time and never had a problem with them. and as far as returning your e-mail they do get swamped from time to time so you have to be cool and wait, they nomally get back to you. and this shit about aruze not dealing with the public, i like to know what the fuck PION promised them a NEO BLOWJOB. he must be real good!!!!!!!!!!! cause he always pulls this off. He's the BIG DEALER yea dealing what?

BakuretsuMutekiSid

Zero's Tailor
Originally posted by BryLmoo:
KoF99 isn't coming out on the DC. It was anounced for the Playstation. and should be out in early December.

Benares in his post about KoF 99 has a link to IGN about the dreamcast statside release.

smile.gif

chimpmeister

Former Moderator
Shawn, they can't give a price because that information is not settled yet. The last time they mentioned a price, it was around $319 each. But it sounds to me like Aruze has raised the price of this homecart quite a bit . . . used to be all new carts coming out were sold by NCS for $268 + shipping, but apparently not this one. So they're not sure of the price, and can't talk about it. That's reasonable, I think.

Also, as for the quantity, its probably the same situation . . . although they're ordering a lot of them, they're probably not sure HOW MANY they will get. And I believe that NCS has had a large number of preorders for this cart as well.

Also, keep in mind that early on in the process, Aruze was quoting a yen price that equalled something around $380 per cart, which is quite a bit higher than our usual $268 per cart level. If pricing is bad on this, NCS may have to hike their estimated $319 price even.

Shawn

snkusa.com
Thank you for answering in NCS’s behalf. I had hopes of making an order with a set amount of carts with a set price. Clearly, this is not an option that we are given.

BryLmoo

AES Contact Cleaner, Extraordinaire!!!,
20 Year Member
Sid, sorry for the false information. I had not read the editorial...sue me....:P However I am really happy that the game is coming to the DC because of a better port.

Bryan -FUCK NGF-

VinylBoy

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
Originally posted by benares:
flashback videogames was scalping Vampire Chronicles for $139.99. Now that NCS has the game out they are STILL scalping but down to $99.99.

There's a store in NYC that has one on display, and is trying to sell it for $100... they also said that you can't get this game cheaper anywhere else.

LUCKY FOR ME... my copy from NCS for only $55 had come in to the office. I pulled the game out (still sealed) with the receipt and said... "EXCUSE ME?"

Grant it... some unlucky sap is eventually going to purchase that game for over $100. But it felt SO GOOD to stick it to some of these "gold diggers" in the gaming industry.
biggrin.gif

Neo Bomber Man

Miracle Seller, , ,
The original price was 38000 yen, which was something like US $347 by their conversion, and $319 was what they were thinking of offering it for, if possible, by my recollection. And didn't they close pre-orders early due to the number of people who placed orders for the game with them? I believe so.

Neo Bomber Man

Miracle Seller, , ,
How much do you guys think NCS will sell the Metal Slug 1 AES game for?

Since they're still considering that & MS3, I should think it's rather a lot, else they probably would have bought them up shortly after the offer.