NCI will product Andro Dunos on Neo Geo CD

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I think I'm making a mistake by playing them in single player mode.

forever-alone-face.jpg

distropia

SouthTown StreetSweeper
10 Year Member
With the 4 Player adapter, W000000T!!

Damn, when I think about it if SNK made a football game in the Baseball Stars 2-esque style that would kick some serious ass.

Not much drivers in the neo scene, am I right? Nobody would want an OutRun sequel running on our neos?

dhowerter

We are Tracking Youze!,
Just in case you haven't read it, Google Translate / Bing Translate or use both ;-) on this article (French to English):

http://www.retrotaku.com/re-edition-retro/andro-dunos-sera-disponible-bientot-sur-neo-geo-cd/

The short version of that article?

It sounds like they're going to start porting AES games, MVS games, and Neo Geo Prototypes that were never released officially on Neo Geo CD (or released on ANYTHING for the prototype-only games) to the Neo Geo CD, complete with actual disc, manual, case, and spine card! :)

(assuming their releases of Treasure of the Caribbean AND Bang Bang Busters on Neo CD is anything to go by)

That is AWESOME. (the actual news AND their packaging)

Their packaging is excellent from the pics / videos I've seen of it (at least for Bang Bang Busters on Neo CD - it looks really professional and Bang Bang Busters (Neo CD) has very nice-looking full color disc art and a full-color manual too. :)

Andro Dunos is only the tip of the iceberg though if they're going to start porting former AES cart only games /MVS cart only games (ie. AES and MVS games that were NOT originally officially released on Neo CD) AND unreleased Neo Geo prototypes to the Neo Geo CD!

And yeah, it would be much nicer to just buy a normal (disc, manual, case) version of these games rather than dling and burning an ISO file.

Also, a lot of the MVS/AES games converted into an ISO file that you can burn and play on Neo Geo CD have graphical /sound bugs/glitches.

So not only will buying the NCI version of AES/MVS cart games on Neo CD avoid the whole ISO/burning thing AND give you nice packaging, but (hopefully) we'll get a glitch /bug-free Neo CD version of the games!

It's a really cool time to own a Neo Geo CD right now! ^_^

Last edited:

kuk

Benimaru's Hairdresser
Hello

Just for said than the conversion of Andro dunos Aes/MVS to CD have no bug
but you true a large part of game conversion have bug

Tokyo

JapheiBANNED
Cool more neo cd games.

Port Mark Of The Wolves and Metal Slug 3.

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
Port Mark Of The Wolves and Metal Slug 3.

Have you ever played the Neo CD? :tickled:

Don't you remember what they did with Art of Loading 3? They had to reduce the sprites for the game to be playable and even then the loading times were still unbearable. Have you played Last Blade 2? The loading times are even worse. This game almost turned me into a buddhist monk :lolz:

There is no point in releasing huge games like MOTW and Metal Slug 3 on the NEO CD, they will be unbearable at best, especially these days with all the alternatives available.

Last edited:

Tokyo

JapheiBANNED
Have you ever played the Neo CD? :tickled:

Don't you remember what they did with Art of Loading 3? They had to reduce the sprites for the game to be playable and even then the loading times were still unbearable. Have you played Last Blade 2? The loading times are even worse. This game almost turned me into a buddhist monk :lolz:

There is no point in releasing huge games like MOTW and Metal Slug 3 on the NEO CD, they will be unbearable at best, especially these days with all the alternatives available.

That sucks. Those are the only games from SNK they are missing worth playing. Metal Slug and Baseball Stars 2 are perfect ports. Blazing Star would be cool on NGCD as well.

fernandeath

Morden's Lackey
That's great.
I'm a NGCD owner so I did not have a chance to play many AES/MVS games that were not ported to to CD.

Tokyo

JapheiBANNED
That's great.
I'm a NGCD owner so I did not have a chance to play many AES/MVS games that were not ported to to CD.

NGCD is a great console to get into if you cannot afford the higher end stuff on Neo AES / MVS.

I hope this is a continuous project.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I was mostly just making fun of Andro Dunos earlier, but I like the idea of more games being converted. I'm not certain what titles this would be useful for though, as most of the newer games would have ridiculous loading. Newer Metal Slugs might be cool if they can swing it without loading mid level. Definately do not want fighters.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
I think NG: DEV posted that the NGCD cache memory is only 32M, so that not just Fast Striker, but even Blazing Star wouldn't be able to fit.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I think NG: DEV posted that the NGCD cache memory is only 32M, so that not just Fast Striker, but even Blazing Star wouldn't be able to fit.

Almost anything can fit with the right amount of cuts.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member

That would be my concern. Almost every game that could get a perfect port to CD did, and I don't care for anything that has cuts like AOF3 did. Maybe they have some programming tricks up their sleeve.

Tempest

Ninja Combat Warrior
15 Year Member
Dumb question, but is it possible to mod the Neo Geo CD to increase the cache memory? Isn't this what the CDZ did?

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Dumb question, but is it possible to mod the Neo Geo CD to increase the cache memory? Isn't this what the CDZ did?

Yep, thats more or less what the CDZ did and no, you can't mod the regular Neo CD to achieve that.

Tempest

Ninja Combat Warrior
15 Year Member
Yep, thats more or less what the CDZ did and no, you can't mod the regular Neo CD to achieve that.
I assumed it wasn't that easy or everyone would have done it by now and CDZs wouldn't be worth as much as they are.

dhowerter

We are Tracking Youze!,
Hello

Just for said than the conversion of Andro dunos Aes/MVS to CD have no bug
but you true a large part of game conversion have bug

Thanks for the info! :)

BTW, Kuk, I just want to say thank you for your awesome Neo Geo CD site (neogeocdworld.info) I don't really read French, but I've been using as combination of Google Translate and Bing Translate to read /understand / appreciate your site. ;-)

Two points tho:

1. Don't forget to add Bang Bang Busters (Neo CD) to your Unofficial Neo CD games section! (it's the section in "Jeux" where you have Astrosmash and Last Hope) I look forward to reading that. :)

2. I was looking at the section of your site that lists the MVS games converted to ISOs you can then burn and play on Neo CD.

a. I was just wondering: How bad are the sound glitches / bugs and graphical glitches / bugs that you mention on a lot of the games?

b. What exactly happens in a sound glitch? Does the music stop or something?

c. I noticed that you mention that often the glitches are in the Intro, Character select screens and cutscenes, but NOT during the actual gameplay.

Do any of those ISOs link to on your page glitch during the actual gameplay? (sound? graphics?)

Thanks! ^_^

Last edited:

Merlin

n00b
What the hell is up with their horrible art? It looks cartoony. WTF?!?

:lolz:

I guess it's not going to be to everyone's taste. I would have much preferred the original artwork.

I'm surprised that people earlier in this thread were saying this release is 'pointless'. If you only have a Neo Geo CD System and really like Andro Dunos surely it's nice to own the game in that format? Much better to own an officially licensed version with manual rather than just download an ISO and burn a copy.

Some people contacted Visco and they confirmed that B2B was officially licensed by them. By buying this NCI release you are, in a small way, supporting Visco Corporation which is surely a good thing?

aria

Former Moderator
The art kind of evokes "Fantasy Zone" for me. Ick.