NBA Season 22/23

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
FyrxMTAWwAUuwIf

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
Agreed, though I think it's fine to keep the All Star Game. Just change it back to East vs West, and have there be some meaningful consequences to it. Something like the winning conference gets home court advantage in the Finals regardless of seed.
There was some discussion in making the next All Star Game a "USA vs. The World" format. I kind of like the NHL concept of 3 mini games: Division vs. Division with the two winners playing each other.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
The Nuggets are the second of the four surviving ABA teams to win the NBA title (San Antonio was the first). Brooklyn and Indiana are still waiting for a NBA crown though the Pacers were the most successful ABA team where they played for the title 5 times and winning 3. (Nuggets were in the ABA Finals one time, losing to the Nets in what was the final ABA season in 1975-76).

Tung Fu ru

Actual Musician,
20 Year Member
The Nuggets are the second of the four surviving ABA teams to win the NBA title (San Antonio was the first). Brooklyn and Indiana are still waiting for a NBA crown though the Pacers were the most successful ABA team where they played for the title 5 times and winning 3. (Nuggets were in the ABA Finals one time, losing to the Nets in what was the final ABA season in 1975-76).
Cool dude, we're happy for you......

Take your W and move on dude

racecar

Iori's Therapist
20 Year Member
Bruce Brown indicated he's coming back for another year at the Nuggets parade.

That means they have

Under contract:
Nikola Jokic
Jamal Murray
Michael Porter Jr
Aaron Gordon
Kentavious Caldwell-Pope
Bruce Brown
Christian Braun
Peyton Watson
Vlatko Cancar
Zeke Nnaji

Restricted free agents:
Collin Gillespie
Jack White

Unrestricted free agents:
Jeff Green
DeAndre Jordan
Ish Smith
Reggie Jackson
Thomas Bryant

They should bring back Gillespie and White for sure. Try to find replacements for Jordan, Bryant, Smith, and Jackson in free agency. If Jeff Green will come back on a veteran minimum, absolutely bring him back. If not, so long and thanks for all the fish.
The satisfaction of Bruce brown the former nets to win it before kyrie ,harden and Kevin .

basic

back to basics
15 Year Member
stop! your fami impressions are starting to scare me.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
stop! your fami impressions are starting to scare me.
Considered it stopped. Time to concentrate on how to fix the Suns during the off season. Paul and Ayton aren't the most popular people right now in the Valley of the Sun.

famicommander

15 Year Member
If you want to know which team is winning the championship next year, just wait for Kendrick Perkins to start irrationally hating on someone

2021: "Giannis is a #2 and can't win a championship as the best player on a team"
2022: "Steph Curry is washed and will never win another championship"
2023: "Nikola Jokic is not a top 5 player and only won MVP because he's white"

If Perkins develops a gigantic hateboner for Brandon Ingram or some shit, bet all your money on the Pelicans

basic

back to basics
15 Year Member
If you want to know which team is winning the championship next year, just wait for Kendrick Perkins to start irrationally hating on someone

2021: "Giannis is a #2 and can't win a championship as the best player on a team"
2022: "Steph Curry is washed and will never win another championship"
2023: "Nikola Jokic is not a top 5 player and only won MVP because he's white"

If Perkins develops a gigantic hateboner for Brandon Ingram or some shit, bet all your money on the Pelicans
what if i got kendrick to...........

2023: fami will never move out of his parents' house

Hattori Hanzo

AEShole
1 Year Member
Giannis is a way better defender. This doesn't mean Jokic isn't playing defense but he isn't even close to Giannis.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Giannis is a way better defender. This doesn't mean Jokic isn't playing defense but he isn't even close to Giannis.
Yes, Giannis is a better defender than Jokic. Giannis is one of the best defensive players in NBA. Doesn't change the fact that Jokic held his opposition to virtually the same field goal percentage against as Giannis did during their respective title runs. The difference between them on offense is bigger than the difference between them on defense.

And I don't ever want to hear Embiid mentioned in the same conversation as either of them again.

Hattori Hanzo

AEShole
1 Year Member
No one mentions Embiid except you. You're also the one who stated that Tim Hardaway Jr. can defend anyone earlier here. Maybe you shouldn't talk about defense at all.

famicommander

15 Year Member
No one mentions Embiid except you. You're also the one who stated that Tim Hardaway Jr. can defend anyone earlier here. Maybe you shouldn't talk about defense at all.
Among Mavs players he ranked:
1st in Defensive RAPTOR
2nd in On/Off Defensive RAPTOR
1st in Defensive Box Score RAPTOR

All I said was he was the only one left on the Mavs who could play defense. I never said he was prime Tim Duncan out there.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Wizards trade Bradey Beal to the Suns for Chris Paul, Landry Shamet, multiple 2nd round picks, and some pick swaps.

Hattori Hanzo

AEShole
1 Year Member
Among Mavs players he ranked:
1st in Defensive RAPTOR
2nd in On/Off Defensive RAPTOR
1st in Defensive Box Score RAPTOR

All I said was he was the only one left on the Mavs who could play defense. I never said he was prime Tim Duncan out there.
I watched him long enough to know that he isn't even an average defender. Your among the blind a one eyed is the king argument was and is bullshit.

famicommander

15 Year Member
I watched him long enough to know that he isn't even an average defender. Your among the blind a one eyed is the king argument was and is bullshit.
Without even looking at the stats I picked him out as the best defender left on a bad defensive team.

Several months later the stats show he's the best defensive player on a bad defensive team, and his absolute numbers in those categories show he's slightly above league average for his position.

Sorry that upsets you for some reason.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Just stating facts. Keep in mind that I'm a die-hard Suns fan and while they did win the title, it does suck they won one before my team. Now I'll move on, dude...back into hating Denver :very_ang:
100% with you on every word there.

Speaking of the Suns, it's official per Woj and Shams. Bradley Beal is going to the Suns, and Chris Paul and Landry Shamet are going to the Wizards.

Not sure what to make of it just yet, but having a younger all-star guard is definitely a good thing. Beal's a great player when he's healthy, but he's had injury issues not unlike Paul.

This basically ends any chances of Paul getting a ring, assuming he doesn't cut bait with or gets waived by the Wizards, and gets signed at a vet minimum on a competing team.

I was hoping they'd be able to work something out where the Suns would waive him, and then resign him at said vet minimum as our bench/occasional starting option.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Suns only have 5 players under contract:
PG: Cam Payne
SG: Bradley Beal
SF: Devin Booker
PF: Kevin Durant
C: DeAndre Ayton

They have a player option on Wainright and restricted free agent rights on Landale, Bazley, and Lee. That's it.

So even if they keep Wainright, Landale, Bazley, and Lee that means they need to find 9 minimum contracts to fill out their roster.

Hattori Hanzo

AEShole
1 Year Member
Without even looking at the stats I picked him out as the best defender left on a bad defensive team.

Several months later the stats show he's the best defensive player on a bad defensive team, and his absolute numbers in those categories show he's slightly above league average for his position.

Sorry that upsets you for some reason.
It didn't and i didn't even look up what you wrote exactly. Fuck the statistics like the statistic that Jokic plays the same level or better defense than Giannis.

famicommander

15 Year Member
It didn't and i didn't even look up what you wrote exactly. Fuck the statistics like the statistic that Jokic plays the same level or better defense than Giannis.
Jokic had better stats this year primarily because Giannis missed more games and played hurt in many of the games he did play which hurt his ability to close distance. Over the larger sample sizes of their whole careers the stats look like you would expect them to: Giannis as one of the elite defenders in the NBA at any position, Jokic one of the better centers and pretty good overall but not elite.