NBA Playoffs

PolluxTroy

Famous & Dangerous.,
Is anyone watching the NBA playoffs? Does everyone think the Warriors are going to win it all? Spurs and Cavs got a shot?

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Cavs have no shot.

It's either Warriors or Spurs.

Kristian Meller

Vanguard Pilot
10 Year Member
Dubs aren't beating the Spurs or the Cavs without Curry. There's no guarantee that he'll be back at full strength or that he won't get hurt again.

I'd love to hear why the Cavs have no shot. They've beaten the Spurs this season and they're absolutely scorching right now.

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
The NBA is available down Unda'?

Yes, I have it on Foxtel which is our cable tv. We can also get NBA league pass.

The games are on at a shit time for us though, basically they are all between 10am-2pm, with the Internet and social media it makes it hard to not find out the results before I get to actually see the games at night.

tacoguy

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
I'm rooting for the Blazers but I don't think they will get past the Dubs. At least they're giving them everything they have and not going down like the bitch Rockets. I think Curry will come back either game 4 or 5 of this series. Though I'm not sure if he will be 100% but either way the man is a threat and that team is deep as fuck. Warriors in 6.

Spurs and Thunder should be a close series but Thunder were embarrassing to watch that last 4th quarter. Westbrook just can't protect the ball at critical times. Not only he was turning it over, he was shooting some bad shots and not passing it around as much as he should have been. They really need another person to handle the ball at crunch time. Spurs in 6.

I think this year, Spurs beat Warriors in a very close battle. Spurs in 6

The east is going to be all Cavs. That team is healthy and gelling at the right time. Neither the Heat nor the Raptors will give them much trouble.

As for the finals, my money is on the Spurs.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
Curry getting hurt sucks (few things better than watching a great basketball player at the peak of his game) but it sure as hell makes the playoffs less of a foregone conclusion. Spurs/Warriors should be super interesting (unless Durant has two more out of his mind games like tonight).

The Cavs will walk over whoever shows up in the Conference Finals but they'll lose in 5 or 6 tops to either the Spurs or Warriors unless the Warriors can sneak by the Spurs with Curry still hurt/playing at less than 100%.

PolluxTroy

Famous & Dangerous.,
Curry getting hurt sucks (few things better than watching a great basketball player at the peak of his game) but it sure as hell makes the playoffs less of a foregone conclusion. Spurs/Warriors should be super interesting (unless Durant has two more out of his mind games like tonight).

The Cavs will walk over whoever shows up in the Conference Finals but they'll lose in 5 or 6 tops to either the Spurs or Warriors unless the Warriors can sneak by the Spurs with Curry still hurt/playing at less than 100%.

I tend to agree with everything you said. Although I do think the Cavs have a shot in the finals. They went up 2-1 on Warriors last year without Kyrie or Love. They yet to lose a game in the playoffs when all 3 are healthy. I think whoever comes out of the west will be the favorite, but I think the finals will be more interesting than some people probably expect.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Lets go Sonics!

I wish! Damn shame that they moved to OKC.

That said, the former Sonics tied up the series with the Spurs. That one's going to be very interesting.

Cleveland is the only undefeated team left in the playoffs.

Without Curry, I don't expect Golden State to win it all, though stranger things have happened.

tacoguy

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
I agree that Golden State will need Curry to be at 100% in order to have any chance for the finals or else they will lose to the Spurs, Thunder, or Heat. Can't overlook Portland either.

dspoonrt

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
I agree that Golden State will need Curry to be at 100% in order to have any chance for the finals or else they will lose to the Spurs, Thunder, or Heat. Can't overlook Portland either.

You think the Heat have a shot at making it to the Finals down 2-1 to the Raptors and with Whiteside out?

tacoguy

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
I meant Cavs. Winner of Heat and Raptors don't matter since they will lose to Cavs either way. That team is hot and healthy at the right time. It really does say something about how good LeBron is when he consistently keeps appearing in the finals the way he has been all this time. Sure he's only won 2 but that many appearances is something special.

dspoonrt

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
So I guess Curry is back.

Yeah, damn...

Blazers should have never allowed it to get to overtime, though. They played a weak second half (granted they're far less deep). Same with the Raptors. They gave it away.

So now the Warriors seem very poised to close out, and the Heat/Raptors series is up in the air. The Spurs and Thunder game should be interesting tonight.

Fygee

20 Year Member
Blazers played one hell of a game, but that OT was just ridiculous. They totally collapsed, and Steph Curry scored 17 freaking points in OT alone, more than he did for the entire regulation portion of the game. I want to say that's a record for point scored in one block of OT.

dspoonrt

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
Blazers played one hell of a game, but that OT was just ridiculous. They totally collapsed, and Steph Curry scored 17 freaking points in OT alone, more than he did for the entire regulation portion of the game.

Pretty close. He had 23 points during regulation.

I want to say that's a record for point scored in one block of OT.

It is. He broke Gilbert Arenas' record of 16 points in an overtime period, which is still nuts.

Fygee

20 Year Member
Oops, I was looking at his 4th quarter scoring numbers and neurons in my brain got confused.