NBA/NHL 2021 seasons

Tw3ek

69Vapelord420
10 Year Member
The Lakers played good. Lebron is far from ok though. I've never watched him play a game until today where he did drive to the cup.
Yea, he’s definitely not 100% right now but he still hit some killer shots in the 4th. No way the Lakers win that game without him.

racecar

Yuri's Aerobics Instructor
20 Year Member
Yea, he’s definitely not 100% right now but he still hit some killer shots in the 4th. No way the Lakers win that game without him.
Those are muscles memory shots, like Kobe and Jordan’s midrange fade-away . They probably work and practice shooting tens or hundreds thousands of times . Nothing a small defender can do .

Tw3ek

69Vapelord420
10 Year Member
Those are muscles memory shots, like Kobe and Jordan’s midrange fade-away . They probably work and practice shooting tens or hundreds thousands of times . Nothing a small defender can do .
I wouldn’t doubt it for a second. Kobe and Dirk were the first two that came to mind when I saw him sink those shots.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Lakers defense was really on point. Those turnovers in the first half murdered us. Paul was also playing gimpy again and didn't have much of an impact. Cam Payne did his best to fill in, but it just wasn't enough. Ayton was still fantastic though, so that's promising.

Suns had a chance at the end and just forgot how to basketball.

Off to LA we go.

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
Kyrie, what a bitch to anticipate the boos he will receive in Boston by calling the city racist. Sure, Boston has a history of racism but the reason they don't like him is because his own BS. Using the race card to shield his own fragile ego, I hope he shatter his kneecap soon.

Tw3ek

69Vapelord420
10 Year Member
Kyrie, what a bitch to anticipate the boos he will receive in Boston by calling the city racist. Sure, Boston has a history of racism but the reason they don't like him is because his own BS. Using the race card to shield his own fragile ego, I hope he shatter his kneecap soon.
This series conflicts me because fuck the Celtics but at the same time, I hope Harden and Kyrie never win anything

Fygee

20 Year Member
He's a bonkers flat earther, so that kind of behavior doesn't surprise me.

racecar

20 Year Member
There so much hesitation in Phoenix suns offence , and booker is passive and lacking confidence . They are handing the laker this series. Every laker play draw a foul and has the defence scrabbling .

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Nuggets got the win, took back the home court, and took the 2-1 lead in the series. Game four from Portland Saturday night.

Tw3ek

69Vapelord420
10 Year Member
The more I watch this series, the more I think the Suns are just a dirty team. Outside of CP3 (who has been dirty since Wake), Booker giving Schröder a hard shove in midair out of frustration and Jae Crowder, I just hope nobody gets hurt.

racecar

20 Year Member
Nothing against Monty William but the offence is running off of Chris Paul like from back when he was with David west would have been better , but they don’t have a player like David west that can pop the mid range . They are playing in lakers pace and will loose the series .

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
All that stands between the Lakers and a Suns blowout is Ayton. The Lakers bigs are practically the worst match up for the Suns.

Tw3ek

69Vapelord420
10 Year Member
All that stands between the Lakers and a Suns blowout is Ayton. The Lakers bigs are practically the worst match up for the Suns.
Ayton has had a monster series for sure, Cam Payne too.

racecar

20 Year Member
What make it bad it’s that he playing against both Davis and drummond at the same time cause the other guy is undersized so ayton helping would cause the other to be open Davis or Drummond dunk/ foul . If they big have another That can take some pressure off Ayton. Booker is waiting for the ball instead of going to the ball it’s as if he don’t want to take up the lead. Maybe he hurt or he not wanting to get hurt going in the lane . His decision making is lacking as well as some play he just run out of space and pass out of the double team very slow .

racecar

20 Year Member
Joker it’s showing why he is the mvp , total leadership and controls of the game .

Fygee

20 Year Member
Booker has been a major disappointment this series. His offense has been very stagnant (along with everyone else outside of Cam Payne, Ayton, and Johnson) with lots of missed shots and too many turnovers.

That shove on Schroeder at the end was uncalled for. The flagrant 2 call was the correct one to make and he deserved to get ejected. Guaranteed Monty had words with him about it after the game.

They need to keep Ayton, Cam Payne, and Cam Johnson in the game for as long as possible. Ayton's being a total beast and the other two are the only ones reliably making shots. Feed Ayton as much as possible, get Payne opportunities for layups, and get shot opportunities for Johnson.

Get Jae Crowder out of there, or strictly on defense. He's only made 6% of his 3 pt shots and those are the main shots he takes. Awful.

Paul is better, but still clearly not 100%. His handling of the ball improved a lot, but his shot is still busted all to hell. So many underpowered misses.

I hope they take that huge chip on their shoulder and turn it into a win on Sunday. They need to because if they go down 1-3, they're fucked.

Last edited:

famicommander

15 Year Member
National Lacrosse League is coming back strong this December after the ronas ruined a season and a half for them.

First off, the New England Black Wolves have moved out of their 7700 seat arena in Connecticut to a 14,000 seat arena in Albany. They will be called the Albany FireWolves.

The Toronto Rock are moving to the suburbs (Hamilton, ON) but they are keeping the name and the same ownership.

The Saskatchewan Rush have been sold to the same owners as the local Western Hockey League team in town. This is a massive upgrade as they previously had the poorest owners in the league, despite drawing 15,000 fans per game. The new owners have 34 car dealerships across Canada.

The Dallas/Fort Worth expansion franchise that was announced in 2020 will begin play this year. They will be called Panther City Lacrosse Club an they will play at the new Dickies Arena in Fort Worth. They are owned by the same guy who owns the WNBA team in Dallas.

And it was just announced that, starting in the 2022-2023 season, the league will expand to Las Vegas with Ali Baba co-founder Joseph Tsai as the owner. Tsai already owns the league's San Diego Seals franchise and the NBA's Brooklyn Nets, the WNBA's New York Liberty, and the Long Island Nets of the G-League.

That will bring the league to 15 teams, which is the most the league has had. It started in 1987 with 4 teams and went through several expansions and contractions over the years. The league also has all 15 teams playing in 10,000+ seat arenas, with Colorado, Vancouver, Calgary, Buffalo, and Philadelphia sharing ownership and an arena with the NHL franchises in those markets.

Glad the pandemic didn't kill the league off like it did to the stupid XFL reboot and the NLL's former outdoor counterpart, Major League Lacrosse.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
I remember the Arizona Sting when they played in the NLL. They only lasted four seasons though they appeared in two championship games and lost them both. The 2008 season was initially cancelled and the Sting ceased operations. However the league approved an agreement but by them the Sting was gutted and done. According to wiki, they were originally in Columbus for three years before moving to Glendale.

famicommander

15 Year Member
I remember the Arizona Sting when they played in the NLL. They only lasted four seasons though they appeared in two championship games and lost them both. The 2008 season was initially cancelled and the Sting ceased operations. However the league approved an agreement but by them the Sting was gutted and done. According to wiki, they were originally in Columbus for three years before moving to Glendale.
The league is in a lot better shape now than it was then. The housing bubble pop nearly sunk the league like it did to the original Arena Football League.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
The league is in a lot better shape now than it was then. The housing bubble pop nearly sunk the league like it did to the original Arena Football League.
The Indoor Football League is back with the Arizona Rattlers gunning for their 25th playoff appearance. They were one of the top Arena Football League teams but left the AFL for the IFL because the league was too unstable. The Iowa Barnstormers did the same thing a few years earlier. With 12 teams this season and 6 coming in next season (2 expansion plus 4 who sat out this season due to COVID related restrictions), the IFL looks like it's in pretty good shape.

famicommander

15 Year Member
The Indoor Football League is back with the Arizona Rattlers gunning for their 25th playoff appearance. They were one of the top Arena Football League teams but left the AFL for the IFL because the league was too unstable. The Iowa Barnstormers did the same thing a few years earlier. With 12 teams this season and 6 coming in next season (2 expansion plus 4 who sat out this season due to COVID related restrictions), the IFL looks like it's in pretty good shape.
The IFL is a shitty, boring version of the sport with much lower level players than the rebooted AFL had, which itself was a sad shell of AFL 1.0.

The IFL is more stable but that's because they abandoned at the start any pretense of being a legitimate league.

racecar

20 Year Member
Davis out with strain groin .... playing bad basketball , Chris Paul is back probably not 100% but good enough for the offence to run smoothly.

Last edited:

famicommander

15 Year Member
Avs completely dumptrucked the Golden Knights in game 1, 7-1.

Vegas was up to some outright goonery and I expect a few suspensions to come of this game. Blatant thuggery. At one point the Avs got a 9 minute power play, and that was taking into account two retaliatory penalties taken by Avs players.