Naruto is the Shit !

nemezisx

Cham Cham's Banana
I dont know if any of you have seen this Cool Anime, but i just recently discovered it myself. i picked up the entire set that available for 65 dollars Import only i believe, with the Engilsh sub.
This is some really high quality Stuff, it's funny, but does'nt go overboard , the Action is Top notch, and the story seems to be Stable and heading in the right direction.
Funny thing is i ventured out and picked up the Ps2 game and the New Gamcube version Naruto 2 , very good fighting games with Great controls, if your an importer try these 2 out, warning the Ps2 version has alot of Japanese text , but it's preety easy to follow through to Start playing the game, Gamecube is more straight foward with Jp text also, but in any case i hope some else can give some insight and opinions on this series cause it's great and since it's fighting I Figured Neo fans may wanna check it out.:buttrock:

Mushiki

flaming petrosexual,
15 Year Member
Very good anime. Which episodes did you get to see? The series is still being shown in TVTokyo, Wednesdays at 7:27 pm.

The GameCube games aren't THAT good, but the PlayStation2 game is extremely entertaining and creative.

Lord_Yama

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Naruto is extremely good stuff. There's so many cool characters. Iruka, Kakashi, Sasuke, Hinata, Rock Lee. Even the bad guys, like Zabuza, who at first seem stereotyped are just such rocking characters when you get to know them better! (My only complaints are Ino and Sakura. They could just vanish one episode, and I would never miss their whiny asses again. They are way too underdeveloped. )

I believe I am up to Episode 48.

simplyowned2501

New Challenger
:drool_2:I love Naruto! I subscribe to Shonen Jump so I get to read the manga.
i picked up the entire set that available for 65 dollars Import only i believe, with the Engilsh sub.
I know the series is still continuing, but where did you get the DVD's from? I know of a place, but I like to shop around...can't be too careful with bootlegs y'know? You hafta get quality stuff for that price...;)

JHendrix

Jello Pudding Pop, Y'know? Like that whole Bill C
Yeah Naruto is the shit man, it's really growing in the "underground" popularity right now.

I'm afraid it's going to turn into another DBZ. I also fear the same exact thing for One Piece and to a lesser extent Hunter x Hunter.

And BTW, I never said it (we've been too buisy arguing :p), but yeah jethrek nice AV. One Piece rocks. :buttrock:

Lord_Yama

Edo Express Delivery Guy
simplyowned2501 said:
Hey jethrek, nice avatar! Red-Haired Shanks! I wish my name was Shanks...:crying:

Thanks. :glee:

I personally rarely bother with DVDs that are not official, so called HK-DVDs which are usually bootlegs, except in cases like Robot Carnival and Turn A Gundam where fansubbers have taken too long to get the series/movie finished. One Piece from Kaizoku-fansubs has pretty good quality on bittorrent, so it will hold me just fine until a US DVD release is seen.

Last edited:

nemezisx

Cham Cham's Banana
Well, i picked up my set at the Elizabeth Center, in Chinatown, you know downstairs , where the All the little Stores are at ? Dont know if you've Been there, but they have a Gameshop in there too. And up stairs across the Street you have J & l Games where they have some Anime and Games, some Neo stuff, but Way overpriced.
Btw can you guys recommend any more Good Anime, i kinda fell of, but Naruto has inspired me to Start collecting again, give me your list of favorites, thanks.
:cool:

yagamikun

Maxima's Barber
20 Year Member
Yeah, Naruto is amazing. I'm more into the actual Manga than the Anime but the anime follows faithfully to the Manga (unlike that crap Shawman King anime compaired to the god like Manga). The games are also a blast to play. I havent picked up the second one yet, but I've played the death out of the first one on the GC. I havent heard much on the PS2 game, any opinions? After the first GC installment, I doubt much could top it (save Ninja Taisen 2 on the GC).

Dash no Chris

Jaguar Ninja,
simplyowned2501 said:
I know the series is still continuing, but where did you get the DVD's from? I know of a place, but I like to shop around...can't be too careful with bootlegs y'know? You hafta get quality stuff for that price...;)
And a bootleg is exactly what Nemezisx got. The Japanese DVD release of Naruto is not available as a boxed set -- it's being released one volume per month (from Jan. to Dec., 2003), with no subtitles.

The first 35 episodes were released on 12 discs, with 1 episode on Vol. 1 (1890 yen) and 3 episodes each on Vols. 2-12 (4095 yen each). Episodes 36+ begin their monthly R-2 DVD releases in 2004, under the title "Naruto 2nd Stage" -- but with 4 eps per vol, instead of 3 (however, each vol will still be 4095 yen). So far, release dates for the first 3 vols of "2nd Stage" have been announced: 1/1/2004 (Vol. 1: eps 36-39), 2/4/2004 (Vol. 2: eps 40-43), and 3/10/2004 (Vol. 3: eps 44-47). First pressings of these DVDs include pack-in trading cards.

Link 1 - from the series' official website; cover illustrations from Naruto Vols. 1 (bottom) to Vol. 6 (top).

Link 2 - cover illustrations from Naruto Vols. 12 (bottom) to Vol. 7 (top).

Link 3 - cover illustration from Naruto 2nd Stage Vol. 1.

At $65 for an entire TV series, you'll never get quality.

--Chris

Maury V.

Lucky Glauber's #1 Fan,
Leave it up to Chris to provide for the fans. :cool:

Best. Dealer. Ever!

Maury V.

Mushiki

flaming petrosexual,
15 Year Member
The PlayStation2 game is really good, developed by Cyber Connect.

The GameCube one isn't really that good, it's developed by TOMY.

Other good anime? Hmmm... I would say Ikkitousen (already ended) and Battle Programmer Shirase.

Last edited:

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
BlackSpy said:
Is the video game any good?

Hell yeah it is. the 2nd naruto game is great. the 1st one is not that great. #2 has 4 player action is similar to a 3-d smash bros. Seriously it's great

Pink Spider

Beast Buster
I have the first gamecube game and the PS2 game.
The PS2 game is very different, but in a wonderful way. Alot of fun.
I'll have to pick up that second one for the GC..

TemJin3000

Axel's Trainer
i reiterate...how come ive mentioned naruto so many times, yet i always get ignored, im sorry if i sound mean, but it downright pisses me off that it seems like my opinion is not valid around here!

i apologize once again but im serious, its like being a little kid trying to get the attenion of his parents while the parents are talkin to someone else...oh well...anyways, im comin up on ep. 63 of naruto (this wenesday's ep) ^__^

*SPOILERS MAY BE HERE, SO LOOK OUT!* chuunin exams have been great so far, now its time to see what shikamaru did durin his training! i also want to see what could be "bug swords" from that other guy, plus the upcoming fight between the naruto and orochimaru and then naruto vs. sasuke!

Last edited:

Mark of the Wolves

mullet bullet
Naruto is currently my favorite Manga and Anime. I've read manga chapter's 1-197 and seen anime episodes 1-61. If I wasn't away from home I would have already watched 62. But in closing I love Naruto.

Mushiki

flaming petrosexual,
15 Year Member
TemJin3000 said:
*SPOILERS MAY BE HERE, SO LOOK OUT!* chuunin exams have been great so far, now its time to see what shikamaru did durin his training! i also want to see what could be "bug swords" from that other guy, plus the upcoming fight between the naruto and orochimaru and then naruto vs. sasuke!

*MORE SPOILERS*

Uchiha Sasuke's fight against Gaara is postponed because Sasuke has not appeared yet.

Aburame Shino does not get to fight but "wins", because Kankuro gives up before the match starts (related to their plan against Konoha).

Episode 64 will be about the fight between Temari and Nara Shikamaru.

- Upcoming fight, Naruto versus Orochimaru? What are you talking about? As far as I know that did not even happen in the manga yet.

AztekNinja

Fire Starter, Instigator, the guy from RE5
Isn't anyone else gonna put up his own Naruto inspired Avatar? :eye:

TemJin3000

Axel's Trainer
Mushiki said:
*MORE SPOILERS*

- Upcoming fight, Naruto versus Orochimaru? What are you talking about? As far as I know that did not even happen in the manga yet.

my bad, i must of been reading the titles of the manga chapters wrong...cuz i know Jirjia fights him right, while naruto fights kabuto, am i right about this? sorry for the confusion...