Naomi game problem

SeaWolf69

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Hello,

I have just received Capcom Vs Snk 2 Sega Naomi GD ROM KIT from a Ebay seller and I have left comments of the transacton on this thread.

The kit looks good, no scratches on the game disc, the security chip looks good, all the paperwork, move sitckers, marquee, etc.. are included. The motherboard fires up and it goes through the checks and loading proccess just fine. The game intro comes up and it plays fine for awhile and then I get a blue screen?! I know my Naomi 2 GD-Rom setup is working as I play Street Fighter Zero Upper & Beach Spikers on it all the time with no problems? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks...

SeaWolf69

Last edited:

Pingu

Hardened Shock Trooper
I'm as clueless as you are, have the same setup myself and I've never encounterd that problem. Resets and hang ups sometimes but that has been due to voltage problems as far as I know.

DaemoN

Camel Slug
Grab a multimeter and measure how much voltage you're getting on the +5v line ON THE GAME BOARD connector, not on the psu itself.

Some Naomi games need a little more juice to work. Some guy on another forum (KC or Sega-Naomi, I dont remember) had a similar problem with Virtua Fighter 4. It would crash sometimes. After fiddling with the voltage, the problem was gone.

:-)