15 Year Member
That is badass!

Edit: Checked source for original artist

Last edited:

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Am I the only one who thinks those Nanoblock figures look like shit? :p

Just another fuckin model,figurine,nanoblock whatever. More shit to put on your desk, more clutter, more trinkets! Impractical rubbish to spend your money on unless you're deranged and play with them like a child.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
I love it! It communicates on that blocky abstraction level of first-gen polygon graphics, which I happen to be a big fan of. In fact, it reminds me of Square's Tobal modeling.

-SD-

Camel Slug
They're pretty cool... the guy must be very patient. I got my son some Pokémon nanoblocks, never have I encountered something so incredibly fiddly yet so compelling. It's like Lego for pixies.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
If you like blocky figures check out those pretty old Virtua Fighter collection. They sure look a lot better than the Nanoblock stuff.

Thank you for the link, but in your examples the 'blockiness' is not part of a creative translation process, it's just a simple 1:1 conversion. And that's just boring.

Dahun72

NEST Puppet
Yeah I think a full size Mr Karate is the way to go with his 'fist bigger than his head' pose. I'd put it next to the front door and use the fist as a coat rack!

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
I don't get it. I must be getting old.