NAM-1975 bonus level

sanjuro

n00b
Perhaps a stupid question, but... how do you get to the bonus level in Nam-1975 on the Neo Geo cartridge version ? I think there's some kind of firefighter truck in there or is it some tank ?

BIG

sony fanboy
The bonus levels in Nam-1975 are random ,AFAIK.

BIG-

sanjuro

n00b
Ok, actually, I think I just understood the whole thing.

Those so-called bonus levels are more a punishment than anything else, because they can be pretty tough (the robot machine in the beginning of level 2), I think you get them when you fail to kill one of the small soldiers running in the background. There are some soldiers who just pass from one end to the other without stopping, sometimes they carry grenades or bonus points, but I guess one of them is the bonus level, and shooting him means you won't get the level. Well, just a useless theory. :spock:

Bigp0ppaLarge said:
The bonus levels in Nam-1975 are random ,AFAIK.

BIG-

I haven't been able to figure out a pattern either. I do remember getting up to 4 bonus levels per game but never 5. Heh they were still far more interesting than other cursor shmups like Operation Wolf's bonus levels (although it was a fantastic game too)

BIG

sony fanboy
Indeed,I am quite fond of the bonus levels in Nam-1975,myself. The bonus levels also play a big part in hi-scoring,as well.

BIG-

Giby

Disciple Of Orochi
I'm sure they're random, but I usually get them whenever I finish a level with a high score, and kill the boss with a special weapon.

BBH

1cc my ASS!,
20 Year Member
yeah, they're entirely random alright. I tried to figure out in an emulator if there was any way of looking at the spot in memory that determines whether or not you play the "extra" bosses, but couldn't come up with anything. It's just random.

same goes for the elevators on Cyber-Lip, the Up/Down thing... you never know which direction is going to lead to the "extra" area.

it's pretty retarded that there's no way to guarantee these extra events to happen, since anyone going for a high score needs to play them, so they're entirely at the mercy of the game...

Gemant

Member,
in Nam, there are other things....

- EXTRA LIVES. No random. There are 2 extra life in this game.

- secret bonus points. 10.000 pts. Very rare yellow items. I think exist 1 extra points for each stage.