N-G.com beatmania players thread

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
IIDX Infinitas, the official Windows release of IIDX, is out of beta. Though, it still feels a bit beta-like with how barebones it is.

Right now, there are around 40 songs, and no controller support (some people are using an alternate Arcin firmware with keyboard output with good results though). It's a 1600 yen per month subscription, which if I recall you need to pay with a Japanese credit card, or (if I remember correctly) with Paseli which can be purchased with Bitcash (which can be purchased with a non-Japanese credit card).

A bit of hoops to jump through no doubt, but we've done more in the past (modded PS2 etc), this isn't much of a barrier of entry in comparison.

Also there's a demo used to gauge how well your computer can handle Infinitas which autoplays 5.1.1. [N] if you're curious.

I'm excited to try it out but my setup isn't ready for it yet.

ebinsugewa

Rosa's Tag-Team Partner
10 Year Member
$16 is honestly not awful considering how much it costs to play in the arcade, but the side effect being that you're not helping keep the very few venues that still have these afloat.

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
6bde6e569cf8a24cf3908419a1519021.jpg

5806f1f900c4ac91202ceb490dc4076b.jpg

Got a poor condition FP7 with missing parts a while ago, last night I finished basically the last of the work needed and now it works great! I cleaned up a beat up and dirty set of Sanwas and put them in with 50G switches and 60G springs, it's a fantastic feeling setup.

I have a second FP7 also in not great shape needing work, once I finish that I can play CS Doubles. (going to use 2x modded KASC for LR2, Infinitas etc)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Futzing around with a CS stream, I have this recording from last night:
Youtube won't do 60fps for <720p content so I'll have to upscale it next time. Needs some tweaking but I'm more or less happy with the results especially given what I've paid and what's involved in my setup (RGB into PVM but capturing YPbPr on capture card). I'd like to upgrade down the line to something that looks better (capture card + YPbPr encoder aren't the greatest) but this is OK enough for now.

Stream is at http://twitch.tv/danadamkof , no schedule and not only IIDX (though you'll see a whole lot of it), chat usually has a few chill people.

Last edited:

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
4th style shoudla played gobble 14k
ha, I did play the 7keys of it. I actually have another Dao which I'll use for 2P in doubles (I'm shit at 14keys, I don't think I've passed any charts above a 4), still needs some work before it's ready though.

Also I made marks for SUD+ on my PVM, I did this before on my other monitor. With this, towel, and a green number calculator it's basically perfect.
77be4802fdbb91dd9a84aefc971a7efc.jpg

Last edited:

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Got 9th Dan in Copula. I'm really happy with that because I've been really rusty, I haven't been playing as much as I used to before I moved. There's a silly video here of my surviving The Sampling Paradise and then celebrating a bit if anyone cares:

Acid Pumper is tough and the Hell Charge Notes go against my instincts for normal Charge Notes, in that if I drop a normal CN I'll leave it be since nothing will come of me hitting it again, whereas for HCN of course you will continuously lose life if you don't hold it so you need to get back on if you drop. I hadn't played Chrono Diver Pendulums before and the "repeated note with chords around it" pattern about halfway through would usually kill me despite an easy lead-in building me up to perhaps 30% bar. Once I got past that for the second time I got through the "weird jacks" part and the rest of the chart was easy. Cookie Bouquets is dense but very straightforward to read and what few hard parts there are aren't enough to greatly affect your life if you screw them up, I hadn't played it prior to this 9dan and had no problems with it. Then TSP is what it is. I think it's getting easier for me.

Lately I've been working on improving my timing by tediously AAAing 1-3* level songs on CS which is already proving to be a great challenge for me. You REALLY get to know a song by committing to memory exactly which notes are swung and by how much. Feels like practicing a fighting game combo with tight links haha. Hopefully as I continue my timing training it will become a lot more natural to read those notes and hit them with their timing rather than memorizing. I've streamed these trials and apparently several people will gather to watch me get AAA -5 repeatedly on 3s and retry a single song for a half hour and find it fun!

Also, Konami's announced the controller for Infinitas (the official PC home version in case you haven't heard), it will have to sell a minimum amount via preorder in order to be produced, I don't think there's many other details yet.
01.jpg

Pretty sure this is a render.

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Got beatmania Dreams Come True today, I've basically completed my CS collection
GJLb0z9.jpg

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member
Any of you dudes play DDR by chance?

ebinsugewa

Rosa's Tag-Team Partner
10 Year Member
I do as well. Much better than I do bemani I might add.

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member
Oh shit... You've got a 4th Mix machine. Pretty legitimate man!

A good friend of mine got a Supernova 2 machine back in October. He has since swapped the Supernova 2 hardware out for a PC running DDR 2013. We are jamming it haaaaardcore. So much fun.

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
If your friend is in Michigan I know who he is ;)

Maury V.

Lucky Glauber's #1 Fan,
I uploaded my first Beatmania IIDX video play. Might want to turn down the audio. It's a bit hot.

xRealNinjuzx

Astra Superstar
I was really hardcore back in the day. I haven't played much now in about 10 years, but we used to travel all over California for tournaments and meets like every weekend.

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
I played every song in Club Mix that night lol

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Streaming more 5keys CS, Gottamix 2 then 6th+Core at the least: twitch.tv/danadamkof