My World Heroes 2 MVS cart wont start up

grimm

Marked Wolf
Hi. I went through abit of a neo marathon the other day, playing all of my games.

But when it was time for WH2, the game just wont start up.

Its a clear case if thats of any importance, it has an english label with serial: 10708, and even a silver warranty sticker on the side, also with a serial: 092360. If this is of any importance.

The problem is i cant get past the Neo Geo start up with my razoola Unibios 2.3. It just keeps looping it

Im using an AES with the MVS Super converter 2, blue led.

A few times i managed to get past the actual start up, only to get an error message asking me to report some information to the unibios website. Sadly i didnt write this down, thinking it would come up again and id do that later. Now i cant even get this far. Ive cleaned all contacts thoroughly, the converter works with all my other mvs carts, with no problems other than known scaling issues.

Im 99% sure this is a genuine cart, since it was bought from Rot years back, and i can also provide some info on the chips on the cart itself if needed.

Needless to say im a newbie when it comes to these technical aspects of Neo gaming and collecting, but if anyone have any ideas, id be greatful!

Thanks and regards,
grimm

Last edited:

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Either the cart or slot is dirty or possibly you have a cracked solder joint in the cart on the P rom.

grimm

Marked Wolf
The cart and ports have been thoroughly cleaned, i have no issues with any other carts not booting up.. so it must be the broken soldering you mention then.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Open up the cart and snap some close pics of front and back.

grimm

Marked Wolf
I will try to get some pics taken with my lousy mobile phone camera tomorrow, and post them here.

systmdfect

Baseball Star Hitter
I will try to get some pics taken with my lousy mobile phone camera tomorrow, and post them here.

The pics will need to be clear enough to see the traces and other components. Your mobile phone camera may not do the trick.

grimm

Marked Wolf
Thats what im afraid of... Ill see what i can do, might be able to borrow a digital camera from someone.

grimm

Marked Wolf
I opened up the cart in hopes of making decent enough pics to post the naked boards, but as suspected 2mb isnt enough..

Anyway, i took this oppertunity to insert the loose boards by themselves into the converter, as suggested to me, and i know managed to get past the unibios start up, got the neogeo splash with that little music tune, and then it reset. Got past them again and then got the error message i mentioned earlier.

I snapped a shot of it with my phone, and here is the picture.

http://picpaste.com/pics/Foto0053-U0dhwkQC.1295716892.jpg

I will try and source a proper camera for board pics later, but perhaps the info provided can give some clues on whats wrong with it?

Edit: Actually the error message keeps changing, and ive almost managed to get the 100 Mega Shock logo to apear, but it froze while halfway into the screen. I managed this by using the naked boards, and aligning them slightly different with the connectors in the adaptor.

Last edited:

distropia

SouthTown StreetSweeper
10 Year Member
Maybe the LS08 or LS139 chips can be bad. Some carts I've repaired had that chips damaged.

Also check if there's some damaged trace near the screw holes (it is very common).

Hewitson

Metal Slug Mechanic
While you've got the boards out of the case, press on chips while the cart is running and see if anything changes (I'd start with the P ROM).

grimm

Marked Wolf
Had the opportunity to test this cartridge with a MVS motherboard. Works like a charm. Very strange, but good to know it wasnt broken after all.

Thought id let you guys who tried to help me know that it does work with MVS hardware.

NEO-GEO man

Fake account, shill troll for Christophe Ratel. Us
What happens if you adjust the trim pot on the front of the converter?

grimm

Marked Wolf
What happens if you adjust the trim pot on the front of the converter?

Nothing what so ever, i basically dont even get passed the initial Bios Splash screen.

But i just confirmed it works fine in an mvs, which i will be getting in the near future, so no worries.

NEO-GEO man

Fake account, shill troll for Christophe Ratel. Us
Thanks for that info, i was going to buy one of these converters but i think i might steer toward the Phantom 1 instead and mod it, unless someone thinks this one is even better and has better mods to make it play games the way they should run.