Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
I just stumbled onto this thread.

You are a fucking degenerate.

thank you. actually, i made her gloves that way on purpose,
as i actually prefer them that way. just as is with several other details
of the costume.

i stayed closer to the source design with
the Akari costume, as i didn't really find all that much to fault in it.
i believe i might have gotten a couple of details a little wrong,
but all and all i think that it is basically spot on.

now, about the "Waifu" bit.
yes i am free, white, single and over 21.
i understand fully that Shaorin is a fictional character.
however, i consider her my fantasy dream girl.
i like to call her my "Waifu" as a way of illustrating that fact.

what i cannot seem to grasp is the typical American psyche.
say i was to have posted some random sexy female hollywood celebrity,
or hot PLAYBOY girl or something.

in all likelyhood i would have had a thread packed with
numerous responses by a pack of horny wolves.

now say i was to have posted
pics of a doll of an Anime girl i own that i'm
especially fond of, and display my pride in
the scale clothing i made for her.

evidently, i would have gotten endlessly tarred and feathered,
whilst being called foul names and being accused under the table
of being a SEX OFFENDER.

now then, think about it;
does that really seem fair?

is dreaming of some celebrity that you will likely never see
once in reality in your entire life any more real or respectable
than having a crush on an Anime girl?

...Say what you Will, i've said my Piece...

Apartheid

n00b
Well, after reading this abortion of a thread, I can't help but register in response to this particular philosophical diatribe:

i'll be frank here; it's much different, and goes much deeper than some simple
"dirty-old-man-gets-his-rocks-off-on-some-cute-chick"
concept. maybe i'm just not much of a realist,
but the way i see it, is that this "Moe"
artform is a very special thing when seen at it's best;
a beautiful form of art blessed with it's own innate soul
that can come straight into your heart and warm it
like nothing else, save for a good, loving special woman (Wife) in your life.
it can light your soul, if you allow it to.

happiness is a VERY elusive thing on this cursed planet.
the japanese seem to understand that very well indeed.

Of all the places on Earth, can you posit another nation that prides itself on inactivity and decay? The last I remember, the nation of Japan was in the midst of a psychological crisis spurned by hopelessness and despair; the 'sunshine' and 'smiles' you speak of are little more than hollow avenues leading to false happiness. I mean, you like anime, don't you? You probably remember the plot to "Paranoia Agent" and all of its characters; why not reflect on the emptiness of those characters in the show that happened to negate their real problems with cutesy bullshit?

There's probably a hell of a lot of problems in your life, I'm sure, but you're sure as hell not doing anything for yourself by playing shut-in with your silicone wife.

still, is love, peace and happiness really such a sinful thing?

Please, think about it with an open mind...

No, there's literally nothing right about this. Harmless unto others? If you forever dote on your doll, sure, but I would highly doubt that the living and breathing wouldn't take quarrel with your quirks.

Apartheid

n00b
I've been meaning to register for some time now; it's just that this happened to remind me.

BobbyPeru

Man of Letters
For some reason, it's always Japan and Jamaica.

Greasy Manga kids (sorry) think all their problems will be solved by moving to Japan, and smelly hippies (sorry) think Jamaica is the place to be.

If you're not happy where you are, it's very likely you will remain unhappy, no matter where you go.

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
Hello, favorite member of 2010.

Stick around, make yourself comfortable, etc.

ratson

Hyperactive Stoner
15 Year Member
I've been meaning to register for some time now; it's just that this happened to remind me.

indeed one hell of a 1st post,but out of curiousity: Why the username "apartheid"?

BigTinz

VT's Bitch , You can fuck this mouth for a fruit c
Woah. We've got a 2010 member.

That's freaking weird.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
I didn't realize about this other thread here. I'm sure there are many people out there who have these dolls, or no one would be making them. Most of the owners probably don't talk about it. I can't see why someone would want to tell other people like this unless they are deeply lost in their own delusion. Again, I feel very sorry for this guy and hope for his sake that one day he will recover from this, but it's clear he's now deeply, deeply lost.

Neo Ash

NG.com Audiophile, Club Member,
Well, after reading this abortion of a thread, I can't help but register in response to this particular philosophical diatribe:

Of all the places on Earth, can you posit another nation that prides itself on inactivity and decay? The last I remember, the nation of Japan was in the midst of a psychological crisis spurned by hopelessness and despair; the 'sunshine' and 'smiles' you speak of are little more than hollow avenues leading to false happiness. I mean, you like anime, don't you? You probably remember the plot to "Paranoia Agent" and all of its characters; why not reflect on the emptiness of those characters in the show that happened to negate their real problems with cutesy bullshit?

There's probably a hell of a lot of problems in your life, I'm sure, but you're sure as hell not doing anything for yourself by playing shut-in with your silicone wife.

No, there's literally nothing right about this. Harmless unto others? If you forever dote on your doll, sure, but I would highly doubt that the living and breathing wouldn't take quarrel with your quirks.

You sir, are welcome here.

New members that are not creepy nut jobs....FTW.

zombiesara

, She-sagwa
I don't mind that he makes clothes for the doll. Frankly, I'm rather impressed with his skill. I don't even really mind that he's got a big 'ole otaku crush on a damn anime character.

What I find creepy is that he calls her his "wife." I find this ESPECIALLY unsettling that the character appears to be an underage girl. :crying:

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I don't mind that he makes clothes for the doll. Frankly, I'm rather impressed with his skill. I don't even really mind that he's got a big 'ole otaku crush on a damn anime character.

What I find creepy is that he calls her his "wife." I find this ESPECIALLY unsettling that the character appears to be an underage girl. :crying:

That's the whole thing.

He has talent, and he has A/V equipment to die for... but calling an underage fictional character your wife is just... creepy.

FormlessOne

Chin's Drinking Partner
1238157980_scanners_-_head_explosion.gif

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member

That's the whole thing.

He has talent, and he has A/V equipment to die for... but calling an underage fictional character your wife is just... creepy.

This.

wizkid007

Hyperspin King., Beer Not Included.,
20 Year Member
I spanked to the quality of the work...

poodude

B. Jenet's Firstmate
For some reason, it's always Japan and Jamaica.

Greasy Manga kids (sorry) think all their problems will be solved by moving to Japan, and smelly hippies (sorry) think Jamaica is the place to be.

If you're not happy where you are, it's very likely you will remain unhappy, no matter where you go.

Truth.

Black Shroud

Mr. Big's Thug
And just in case you listen to j-pop, stop it. Study a touch of music theory and learn what "scansion" means, and figure out how it applies to Japanese pop melodies and vocals. You'll never look back.

Deuce, what do you think about japanese bands that dont play j-pop? For example http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Onmyouza

happiness is a VERY elusive thing on this cursed planet.
the japanese seem to understand that very well indeed.

this is a miserable world, in which a smile comes VERY hard.
i believe that the sunnier side of Anime was created in an attempt
to address just that.

Of all the places on Earth, can you posit another nation that prides itself on inactivity and decay? The last I remember, the nation of Japan was in the midst of a psychological crisis spurned by hopelessness and despair; the 'sunshine' and 'smiles' you speak of are little more than hollow avenues leading to false happiness.

This is true in japanese aspect, probably of all nations japanese have the biggest dissatisfaction to satisfaction ratio in their lives, even in schools theres alot of bullying, and then when you need to go to work, you either go to some big company where bullying of newcomers and underlings is standart too, and you guaranteedly work more than 8 hours per day, and get raises based on how many years you worked in that company. If you get fired you should start from zero; many people dont want to do that and opt for suicides; jumping under train is especially popular in Japan, so popular that if someone jumps under train and train company loses money because of that, family of that person should compensate that amount of money to train company; different train stations have different prices for that and cheapest ones are the most popular for suicides. Also, life of your everyday japanese salaryman is pretty monotonous and consists from working, drinking, then maybe going to whores, then getting home wasted and sleeping. Need I say that japanese also have complexes about their appearances (basically the more european-looking someone is, the more beatiful he is recognized to be). Basic appearance of japanese (black hair, thin eyes, often crooked teeth or bandy legs, small bust size for females) is treated as undesirable, thats why you see japanese with bleached hair, glasses, plastic surgery, etc. Also all japanese actors either are of mixed european heritage or had plastic surgery, you almost dont see "everyday" people in their video production (well at least in leading roles).

All in all those factors forced japanese society to overcompensate with some kind of happiness and motivation, be it false/imaginative, they dont care since they need anything to escape from reality. From there we got manga/anime culture boom, and right now there are more mangas/animes released than any person on Earth can read/watch in their lifetime.

Greasy Manga kids (sorry) think all their problems will be solved by moving to Japan

Those problems will definitely not be solved by moving in Japan; dont get me wrong I like Japanese culture and stuff, but what I like and what is Japan in its current state are two completely different things.

I heard alot about Japan from people who moved there, and approximately after a month they all took off the pink glasses and werent too impressed by Japan and life in it

In particularly
-that they were always treated like "stupid gaijins"
-that japanese completely abandoned japanese culture in favour of monkeying american and european culture/style of clothing/engrish words here and there;
-that japanese often acted as robots that you couldnt argue with because they ignored any arguments
-that japanese women specifically acted stupid because appparently it was considered "womanly" there
-that walls in buildings were so thin that you could hear all your neighbors together with all the stuff from street simultaneously
-that when sakura blooms japanese dont care about it and only gather in those days to concentrate on sake drinking; etc etc. All in all they saw ALOT of ridiculous from their point of view stuff, most of which made them think they shouldnt move to Japan in first place.

Probably what pissed them off the most (note that they were russian) was the fact that japanese girls only clinged to guys who claimed to be americans, because all japanese think USA is a paradise, and all japanese girls dream that they will get some american to marry them so they can live in USA. So basically when those russian guys told japanese girls that they were russian, they were ignored, but if they told that they were americans they suddenly became very popular (well, until someone finds out that they arent american, lol). Thats while they described how some not too good looking fat african american was surrounded by 8 japanese chicks that flirted with him at the same time.

SuperDeadite

Zero's Tailor
Deuce, what do you think about japanese bands that dont play j-pop? For example http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Onmyouza

This is true in japanese aspect, probably of all nations japanese have the biggest dissatisfaction to satisfaction ratio in their lives, even in schools theres alot of bullying, and then when you need to go to work, you either go to some big company where bullying of newcomers and underlings is standart too, and you guaranteedly work more than 8 hours per day, and get raises based on how many years you worked in that company. If you get fired you should start from zero; many people dont want to do that and opt for suicides; jumping under train is especially popular in Japan, so popular that if someone jumps under train and train company loses money because of that, family of that person should compensate that amount of money to train company; different train stations have different prices for that and cheapest ones are the most popular for suicides. Also, life of your everyday japanese salaryman is pretty monotonous and consists from working, drinking, then maybe going to whores, then getting home wasted and sleeping. Need I say that japanese also have complexes about their appearances (basically the more european-looking someone is, the more beatiful he is recognized to be). Basic appearance of japanese (black hair, thin eyes, often crooked teeth or bandy legs, small bust size for females) is treated as undesirable, thats why you see japanese with bleached hair, glasses, plastic surgery, etc. Also all japanese actors either are of mixed european heritage or had plastic surgery, you almost dont see "everyday" people in their video production (well at least in leading roles).

All in all those factors forced japanese society to overcompensate with some kind of happiness and motivation, be it false/imaginative, they dont care since they need anything to escape from reality. From there we got manga/anime culture boom, and right now there are more mangas/animes released than any person on Earth can read/watch in their lifetime.

Those problems will definitely not be solved by moving in Japan; dont get me wrong I like Japanese culture and stuff, but what I like and what is Japan in its current state are two completely different things.

I heard alot about Japan from people who moved there, and approximately after a month they all took off the pink glasses and werent too impressed by Japan and life in it

In particularly
-that they were always treated like "stupid gaijins"
-that japanese completely abandoned japanese culture in favour of monkeying american and european culture/style of clothing/engrish words here and there;
-that japanese often acted as robots that you couldnt argue with because they ignored any arguments
-that japanese women specifically acted stupid because appparently it was considered "womanly" there
-that walls in buildings were so thin that you could hear all your neighbors together with all the stuff from street simultaneously
-that when sakura blooms japanese dont care about it and only gather in those days to concentrate on sake drinking; etc etc. All in all they saw ALOT of ridiculous from their point of view stuff, most of which made them think they shouldnt move to Japan in first place.

Probably what pissed them off the most (note that they were russian) was the fact that japanese girls only clinged to guys who claimed to be americans, because all japanese think USA is a paradise, and all japanese girls dream that they will get some american to marry them so they can live in USA. So basically when those russian guys told japanese girls that they were russian, they were ignored, but if they told that they were americans they suddenly became very popular (well, until someone finds out that they arent american, lol). Thats while they described how some not too good looking fat african american was surrounded by 8 japanese chicks that flirted with him at the same time.

As an American that's lived here for awhile I'll say this. Japanese are very slow to change anything. Every company I've been with has been very inefficient. Even the simplest tasks take way longer then they should due to their archaic ways. If you try to change them, they tend to freak out. If you ever visit Japan got to Starbucks, and ask for a latte with less milk then normal. The worker's eyes will pop out of their head. It's quite amusing. :tickled:

As for the "J-girls dig Americans" thing, this is bullshit for the majority of the country. Sure if you go to say Roppongi, you'll find lots of girls who want a rich American husband. But anywhere else in the country will be very different. I'd say probably 90% of Japanese women nationwide would not actually seriously date a foreigner of any nationality. Maybe go out and party, cheat on their real Japanese boyfriends, but a real relationship? Not easy to attain.

If your smart, you'll avoid any J-girl that actually says "I want a foreign man." Most likely she's a crazy. Let's be honest Japanese men aren't so different from us, they want a nice looker that can cook and likes to open up her legs. If a j-girl can't cope with this, she probably has some deep issues and is looking for an easy escape.

If you just want a one night stand, the crazies are fine, but if for long term, look for a J-girl that couldn't care less about nationality and would willingly date both.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
nd just in case you listen to j-pop, stop it. Study a touch of music theory and learn what "scansion" means, and figure out how it applies to Japanese pop melodies and vocals. You'll never look back.
Deuce this was a really dumb post for you. Music is purely a subjective art form. One may call techno music in general "repetitive" and dismiss it as such, while another may appreciate and find comfort in the simple art of gradual evolution of textures. In other words, don't sell your opinion as fact. And while you're at it, don't dismiss the music of an entire region based on broad generalizations. Contrary to what many seem to believe, "J-pop" is not really a genre, and in most cases is merely used as a general term to distinguish mainstream music from Japan from Western music. I've even seen J-pop used to describe a subgenre of techno--complete bullshit. It just may be that you're not someone who finds any value in pop music in general.

Last edited: