My Pulstar Insert

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
I just finished up another one. I just received a new template from Big Bear so i'll start working with it after this one. Tell me what you guys think.

Pulstar%20copy.jpg

Last edited:

SSS

neo retired
Looks good, although I suggest you take the chick off the front. Looks out of whack.

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
SamuraiShodownSensei said:
Looks good, although I suggest you take the chick off the front. Looks out of whack.

thanks.

Yeah I was lookin at the girl a lot too. The flyer i used for that though had the girl and my other option had Japanese Text all in that area. So i opted for the girl. Or I could crop off a good chunk of the ship. It comes from an actual flyer so i just kept her in.

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
What SSS stated. There's something about he back..not sure.. sems lik eteh girl stands out over everything else.

-BB

Last edited:

Hellsing

B. Jenet's Firstmate
Again you did vety nice work, but I agree with the girl being out of place. Keep up the great work.

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
Well im messin around with the back and this one is a version without the girl in the background. Thoughts?

backTnogirl-copy1.jpg

Last edited:

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
Heres a version with the girl in the background but in B/W.

backTgirl-copy1.jpg

Last edited:

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
B&W is not working..me myself would have the girl in the background with a faded colors,less intense than the foreground.. What you should do is decrease the stauration maybe or play around with the levels option.
-BB

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
This is how the insert would look with the no-girl back.

Pulstar-newcopy.jpg

Last edited:

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
BIG BEAR said:
B&W is not working..me myself would have the girl in the background with a faded colors,less intense than the foreground.. What you should do is decrease the stauration maybe or play around with the levels option.
-BB

yeah i dont like the B&W either, ill try washing out the colors a bit to see what i can come up with. Thanks for the input.

Hellsing

B. Jenet's Firstmate
I really like the new no girl background. I just think the girl is a distraction in its current state. Maybe like BB said fade it into the background and posibly put a game screen shot on her lower right.

Its real good work but I'm sorry I prefer the original artwork by Aicom. I much prefer the full-print artwork, that's the big reason.

As far as the girl in it... IMO its better if we saw her full body, not just her face.

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
Electroman said:
Its real good work but I'm sorry I prefer the original artwork by Aicom. I much prefer the full-print artwork, that's the big reason.

As far as the girl in it... IMO its better if we saw her full body, not just her face.

you have a link to a good copy of the original? If you do, please post it! The only reason i made a cover was because i did not find the original. Im lazy by nature and don't like to do more than i need to.

=neocvera

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
I would just remove the AICOM logo from the spine.

Otherwise it's a pretty superb job you have there.
Congratulations man. :buttrock:

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
Cool deal, Big Bear downloaded my Sonic Wings 3 and Pulstar inserts. Hopefully they will be up soon for everyone who might want to use them.

-neocvera

Last edited:

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
I had been wanting to post images of the prints i did at kinkos earlier in the week. Here are some pics showing the Pulstar and Sonic Wing 3 inserts. Take note that the Pulstar insert i turned in at the time was before I created the new back version (the version Big Bear downloaded for site). The new size dimensions fit perfectly.

FujiSnaps-010.jpg

FujiSnaps-011.jpg

FujiSnaps-012.jpg

I have to admit that with the inserts in the shockboxes like that make me feel a lot more proud of my MVS carts. Its the icing on the cake.

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
NICE(what other ones did you print?)
I will be posting those tonight. I apologize for the delay. I have been searching for new images and putting together ideas for inserts I willl remake.. I also SCORED BIG on one insert I was looking for that will be donated by a member here(he'll be credited after I place it up for DL. I seen a ROTD classic insert up on eBay,I forgot to bid on though
:( .. The final price was 36.00(about 41 with shipping),that's not bad BUT may have been higher than that if I participated . I would rather have KOF 2K3 or the Metal Slug's 1st.
I''ll track down some of them later on down the road HOPEFULLY.
-BB

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
I also printed Kof96, Samurai 4, The Last Blade and Garou: MOW. The ones i resized on my own were Samurai 4 and MOW since at the time you had not updated - they came out fine though. I was actually going to recommend a swap in style on the current template to the one used for Samurai 4 and Last Blade. The Meg count boxes and Neo-Geo logo on the spines are bigger badder and better in my opinion. The new template has smaller Meg Count Box and seems out of proportion to the shockbox. (they match the AES sizes but the AES cases are shorter too.)

On the other hand, the Samurai 4 Meg count clearly shows the cut&paste of the numerical value so just a word to the wise, clean that area up on the front and spine before you print. Its not a big deal but can easily be fixed. (forgive me if you already fixed this BB.)

Big Bear, I also been meaning to mention that i have Metal Slug X but my scanner is on the fritz. I know youve been lookin for a good scan of the back cover for that game. Ill try to hook up the scanner again, redownload drivers, etc. See if i can get a nice scan of the back cover.

- check mini-marquee section and look at the Super Sidekicks 3 ive been workin on.

Inserts I still need:
Sengoku3
Super Sidekicks 3
KOF 97

Last edited:

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
NeoCverA said:
I also printed Kof96, Samurai 4, The Last Blade and Garou: MOW. The ones i resized on my own were Samurai 4 and MOW since at the time you had not updated - they came out fine though. I was actually going to recommend a swap in style on the current template to the one used for Samurai 4 and Last Blade. The Meg count boxes and Neo-Geo logo on the spines are bigger badder and better in my opinion. The new template has smaller Meg Count Box and seems out of proportion to the shockbox. (they match the AES sizes but the AES cases are shorter too.)

On the other hand, the Samurai 4 Meg count clearly shows the cut&paste of the numerical value so just a word to the wise, clean that area up on the front and spine before you print. Its not a big deal but can easily be fixed. (forgive me if you already fixed this BB.)

Big Bear, I also been meaning to mention that i have Metal Slug X but my scanner is on the fritz. I know youve been lookin for a good scan of the back cover for that game. Ill try to hook up the scanner again, redownload drivers, etc. See if i can get a nice scan of the back cover.

- check mini-marquee section and look at the Super Sidekicks 3 ive been workin on.

Inserts I still need:
Sengoku3
Super Sidekicks 3
KOF 97
On my final template,you're stating that something looks out of whack or the ones you resized?? Please clear it up for me and if you can provide pics like yor nice previous ones,that would help too.

I know about the meg count appearance. I just got lazy when it came to doing that and just left it be. Thanks for the input. In the future I will clean them up..specififically with my next updates.
That Metal SLug X would be cool..What do you have?? One of those expensive MINTY fresh copies?? If not,you could loan it to me,JUST the case an dthe insert.
I have a full page scanner so nothing would be damaged(I guess you can PM further about this)
-BB

Last edited:

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
Fogive me Big Bear, the newest template is perfectly fine and is what I want in the inserts. If you can rework my 2 inserts to match the spines of your new template. Or if you wish, i will rework it. My spines contain smaller NEOGEO AES logo and Meg Count box than your newest template.

*request*
Can you send me a revised template that has the Meg Count box with Text layers for the Numbers. Make it easier to edit the value. Also include the Font if it is something that most users may not have.

Last edited:

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
In regards to your inserts,I have my hands full so if you rework them,I'll upload those instead. In regads to the meg count,I do those on the fly... I grab the original #'s from the scan,resize them and place into the template. If I do a custom job,I look for a reference to see what the original FONT resembles and I try to copy it...Or I use one I believe looks cool. In the case of Samsho V,I did'nyt do that but when I release my new version it will be excellent because I am going to ad a lil' mor flavor to the back cover AND... change the FONT.
BTW,could you provide just the link to your images?? I'm on 56K and things move hella slow..clicking to open up a seperate page would be much better.
Thanks.
-BB

Last edited: