My Pet Peeve: People who don't pay attention to movies.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
This shit annoys the hell out of me.

I know this guy who's like "I've always wanted to check out anime, let's watch some".

So I put on Ninja Scroll, Vampire Hunter D, Macross Do You Remember Love. Try to hit all the genre's. What's this ass hat do? Plays on his phone the entire time during every movie.

Drives me insane....

If someone offered to watch a movie with me because they thought I would like it, out of respect I would pay attention.

Anyway, it's not just this guy. Lots of people I know do this. Some people even go as far as to never pay attention, and talk shit the entire time. So I'm like "what's the name of the character you hate the most?". Just because I know they have no fucking clue what's going on.

Anyway, just had to vent.

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
Tell me more about your pet Peeve. Is it a dog or a cat? Male or female? Pics of Peeve?

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
A guy I know is always on his phone. Unless he's posing for a pic, every shot his wife has posted shows him looking at his phone. Doesn't matter where they are, lol.

Cylotron

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
15 Year Member
I keep falling asleep whenever I try and watch a movie. What's worse? :shame:

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Sounds like he was trying to netflix and chill with you. Better luck next time.

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
Phone or even just screen addiction is becoming a pretty serious societal problem; seeing people staring at a screen walking down the street, paying at the cash in a store, while sitting with a group of people is a point of irritation for me, and kids are growing up now with this being their norm.
My wife does the phone thing at the start of movies sometimes and I call her our on it every time; whether she picks the movie or I do, she does this all the time and it is annoying.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
Phone or even just screen addiction is becoming a pretty serious societal problem; seeing people staring at a screen walking down the street, paying at the cash in a store, while sitting with a group of people is a point of irritation for me, and kids are growing up now with this being their norm.
My wife does the phone thing at the start of movies sometimes and I call her our on it every time; whether she picks the movie or I do, she does this all the time and it is annoying.

I had an elderly lady behind me change lines at the supermarket because I pulled out my phone to pay. :lol:

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
I don't think millennials can't go 1.5 hours without looking at their phone. They do it on instinct like the zombies wandering round the mall in Dawn of the Dead.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Last time I went to a movie theater I called the woman next to me with her giant phone out a "Stupid Fucking Cunt" and was roundly applauded.

Her boyfriend just sat there like a bitch boy.

Tonk level.

Lee Gray

SSVS Special Plz..., Buying & Selling that, Never
Its even more annoying when you know a really good part is coming up and you look at them and see them on their phone and tell them to watch this bit and they still checking their phone

Last edited:

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Last time I went to a movie theater I called the woman next to me with her giant phone out a "Stupid Fucking Cunt" and was roundly applauded.

Her boyfriend just sat there like a bitch boy.

Tonk level.

giphy.gif

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
I had a gf who did this for everything. She would put a movie on and be on her phone or laptop the entire time, it got to the point where if people asked what we like to watch i corrected them by saying she knows what a lot of movies sound like but not what they look like.

I honestly dont care if we're home, but if im paying for a movie out on the town, your ass is paying attention.

Rocko

Galford's Armourer
At work I find many people use the phone as a way to avoid talking, at lunch or whenever. Look at your phone and it seems you are "busy" already. I never put my phone up like that because I feel it is rude. You may be connected online, but you are disconnected socially.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Phone, shmone.

This is what happens when you expose/force people to watch/participate in something they don't really care about.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Agreed, there is something shady about the way greedo handled it... instead of forcing to watch them on a telly, he should've shown those animes on a phone.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
Phone, shmone.

This is what happens when you expose/force people to watch/participate in something they don't really care about.

Especially if you're looking to get a blowjob out of it.
Bad move

Maybe you can send a WhatsApp saying suck my dick. Worth a shot?

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
So uhh no one gonna point out the awkward tension when the stone ninja starts slurping the kuniochi's* tits

*kuniochi means female ninja

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
Phone, shmone.

I could be wrong, but from the way I read OP’s post it read like his friend was the one who initially wanted to watch some anime.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I get ya Greedo, how the fuck can you immerse yourself fully in a movie when you're not even looking at the screen? A good example is looking at your phone while you're driving, it only takes a few seconds before you'll start to be unaware of drifting out of your lane. But sure you can do both, entirely aware of everything, no worries mate.

PAY ATTENTION CUNT!