My new Neo 29 won't power on

hateful_liar

Armored Scrum Object
After much expense, I was able to have a Neo 29 shipped to me from Arcade Infinity. However when I plugged the sucker in and hit the red power button absolutely nothing happend. No powering of the monitor no sound of the Marvel Superheros board I stuck in there to test it; nothing. Can anyone help me?

There seems to be a female outlet near the power switch but I'm figuring thats to hold the cord when it's transported, right?

Any :help: would be greatly appriciated. Thanks

Himuragames

Crossed Swords Squire
Do you have a picture??

That sucks.... Which power switch did you turn on? (inside the machine near test switch, some machines have a switch in the back too). Also, check the power cord is securedly plugged in the cabinet. Check your power outlet make sure it has power. Good Luck, I hope it's something simple :oh_no:

RAINBOW PONY

DASH DARK ANDY K,
20 Year Member
check that the cab has a fuse, or if it does it could be bad. the power supply may be dead, or it may have a loose wire. if it doesnt power up it's the power supply or fuse.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I agree with Dash, check the power supply to see if its wired up correctly.

hateful_liar

Armored Scrum Object
Wow, thanks guys! Turns out it was just the second power button inside. Everything is great now. Can't believe how vibrant this monitor is. Thanks so much for the help. Neo Geo forums are the best boards on the net by far :buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock:

Arcade 14

Overtop Pathfinder
same thing happened to me when i got my neo 29 a year or so ago. plugged it in and nothing happened so I began to panic. Turns out there was another power switch in the back.

Himuragames

Crossed Swords Squire
Cooooooooooollllllllll

Were you able to get you Capcom "Marvel Superheroes" going? Do you have your cabinet set-up for 4 butoons or 6 buttons?

BTW: Marvel Superheroes is a great game :buttrock: , What else do you have? Any MVS????

hateful_liar

Armored Scrum Object
Yup, it ran, but without sound (my Neo 29 is set for MVS with the regulation 4 buttons). I have a 25" inch Dynamo Marvel Superheros cab too. I just popped the Mobo out of that and put it into the Neo to see how the monitor looked. I don't have any MVS games or a 4 slot yet... but thats gonna change tomorrow when I get my paycheck. Heheh. I can't freaking wait to play Last Blade on this monster.

SpaceBoy

n00b
If you don't mind me asking, how much did it end up costing you? I only ask because that is the exact cabinet and setup I want, and getting a price is taking more work then you would expect..

I simply want the neo 29, with the standard 4 button setup, a select switch setup(does it simply come with that?) and it setup for mvs boards.. (audio work correctly etc)

Thanks dude.

hateful_liar

Armored Scrum Object
Well I bought mine from them off ebay. It had a $500 BIN price. I emailed em' ahead of time asking if it was set to MVS and sure enough it was (select button and all; seems they just took out the 4 slot and sold the cab). Shipping to Michigan took less then a week after I got them their money. That cost me $241.

What sucked is that even though I paid for shipping to my house, (would have been a bit less had I picked it up at a terminal.) the shipping company would not even take it off the truck for me. Luckily enough two of my friends pulled up as the guy was talking about how I needed a "lift gate" and how that would be extra and another day on delivery. We carried it off the truck (which was a huge drop) and into my house.

Keep in mind this is for an empty cabinet. I just bought a 2 slot today, to put in it , from someone on this board. That came out to $175. So, all in all, I paid $916.

Now as for the condition of the cabinet, it is over all in very nice condition. The insides are suprisingly dust free. The outside shows a little wear. The yellowing was a little bad but I used a mix of Oxiclean, Ajax and elbow grease and got it to imo a very acceptable degree. The monitor itself, like I posted earlier, was amazing. I kid you not when I say that it's picture was easily one of the best I've ever seen. Only those newer 33" cabs and VGA cabs have I seen better. Sound I don't know about yet. The controls are very precise. WAY more then domestic ones. I don't know if I'll ever go back to US sticks now.

So over all if you have your mind set on a Candy then I would wait for another ebay auction. Much better chance of them answering you Q's (I emailed them back and forth one day three times!) and the feedback option is a good for piece of mind. It's a lot more then an American cab but then again, "you get what you pay for".

***Sorry everyone, for the book I just wrote. Heh.***

SpaceBoy

n00b
hateful_liar said:
Well I bought mine from them off ebay. It had a $500 BIN price. I emailed em' ahead of time asking if it was set to MVS and sure enough it was (select button and all; seems they just took out the 4 slot and sold the cab). Shipping to Michigan took less then a week after I got them their money. That cost me $241.

What sucked is that even though I paid for shipping to my house, (would have been a bit less had I picked it up at a terminal.) the shipping company would not even take it off the truck for me. Luckily enough two of my friends pulled up as the guy was talking about how I needed a "lift gate" and how that would be extra and another day on delivery. We carried it off the truck (which was a huge drop) and into my house.

Keep in mind this is for an empty cabinet. I just bought a 2 slot today, to put in it , from someone on this board. That came out to $175. So, all in all, I paid $916.

Now as for the condition of the cabinet, it is over all in very nice condition. The insides are suprisingly dust free. The outside shows a little wear. The yellowing was a little bad but I used a mix of Oxiclean, Ajax and elbow grease and got it to imo a very acceptable degree. The monitor itself, like I posted earlier, was amazing. I kid you not when I say that it's picture was easily one of the best I've ever seen. Only those newer 33" cabs and VGA cabs have I seen better. Sound I don't know about yet. The controls are very precise. WAY more then domestic ones. I don't know if I'll ever go back to US sticks now.

So over all if you have your mind set on a Candy then I would wait for another ebay auction. Much better chance of them answering you Q's (I emailed them back and forth one day three times!) and the feedback option is a good for piece of mind. It's a lot more then an American cab but then again, "you get what you pay for".

***Sorry everyone, for the book I just wrote. Heh.***

Thanks a bunch for the info. Yeah I see the neo 29's listed on there every so often, and they norm seem a bit yellow, but I wasn't sure if it was my eyes or what. I assumed I could always paint it or something.. I think I'll haver to track one down...