My NEW Consolized Project [The King of AES lol)

loegan43

I've served my time in the Dark Army., Have you?,
15 Year Member
That is one slick looking CMVS. Great job. :buttrock:

Macck

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Neo_Alec
Does it use the original AES power supply? I don't see why that wouldn't work. Does the headphone volume slider work, and is it loud? Did you leave pieces of the original board inside for the control slots and on/off switch, or are they new?

I want to make one that's like kpj's stealth mod, with S-video and component out of the original DIN jack instead of adding all the jacks to the back of the system.

Yes you can use the original AES PSU (5vcc~3A)…I used the original AES control ports,on/off button and the control slider dosent works anymore…but you can use a headphone whit a pré-amplified slider and the sound can be more loud.. ;)

Bibliophile
Are these non-working AES consoles that you use, or do you simply take working AES consoles and turn them into CMVS's?

No I never use a working AES…just the junk AES… :shame:

Koopa64
I highly doubt he uses working AES systems, I bet he tries to find non-working ones above all. I think that if he had to use a working AES, he'd probably put the board in another case or something. Macck is more neo-eco-friendly than that right?

Yes…I will never use one working AES !!!! :D

electricgrave
Seriously?! Fucking people just wanna whine about this and that, I swear is all over the forums! WTF?! The project is amazing and I can gladly bet that this fella Mack has more love for the Neo than any fuckwad that dares question the integrity of his process. I'm beginning to see why people ask me why I waste my time here. There's just too much retardedness going around.

Thanks man :buttrock:

Deuce
Seriously. Relax, EG. As awesome as the project is, I'd hate to see a working AES scrapped for it. That's the only concern.

Actually, if this mod turned out to be something that could be fairly standardized, it would be interesting to see if someone could produce fresh, custom AES cases, precut for the MVS carts. Kind of like the custom console casings for PS2/PSP and the like.

Yes my friend…have some people in my town that can be do a copy of AES shell whit fiberglass…but is much expensive and I think will never be a perfect copy… :oh_no:

loegan43
That is one slick looking CMVS. Great job

Thank you buddy :buttrock:

[]'Macck

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
This is probably the best consolized MVS I've ever seen, my only problem is the lack of MC, but still who really uses that feature anyway? I barely use it in Turfe Masters and other games that record stats. How much would one of this set me back Mack?

TheCoolGuy

n00b
I subscribed to your youtube channel, Macck. Hope to see a vid of this project there. Thanks for sharing this with us. Appreciate it.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
I didn't realize there were so many people interested in this project. I've been planning to do this for years, but I've been dragging my feet (have a 1C laying around for the project and never managed to secure a broken AES) and Macck finally beat me to it. I figured if I posted the pics upon completion there would be a couple of interested people and a bunch of others saying it's a waste of time.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
Why did you change the doors on the cart slot? I tested the fit on my AES and decided it would fit without changing them.

EDIT: You should do something to differentiate this from a real AES without ruining the stock look of the unit.
Do not do this. That's where the others went wrong.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Not possible, the cart edges are different lengths.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I didn't realize there were so many people interested in this project. I've been planning to do this for years, but I've been dragging my feet (have a 1C laying around for the project and never managed to secure a broken AES) and Macck finally beat me to it. I figured if I posted the pics upon completion there would be a couple of interested people and a bunch of others saying it's a waste of time.

I was going to do this project about 2 years ago but since it had been done by more than 2 members at the time I just sold the case to strider to use.

I prefer making mine different, that's just me.

I'm about halfway through the building of my next one.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I know what you mean and it is possible if the cart shell isn't used but honestly if you are inserting an AES cart PCB into a supposed AES, you better know what you are doing.

Macck

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Why did you change the doors on the cart slot? I tested the fit on my AES and decided it would fit without changing them.

Well...the MVS cart is about 3mm more larger than AES....and another question about the flap on the door.....the AES cart havent air entrance right....and the MVS cart have that air entrance..when you try insert the MVS cart in the original AES shell whit the original flaps....the cart dont get back....these flaps lock the cart in the slot....so you need change the doors...

[]'Macck

Macck

Edo Express Delivery Guy
This is probably the best consolized MVS I've ever seen, my only problem is the lack of MC, but still who really uses that feature anyway? I barely use it in Turfe Masters and other games that record stats. How much would one of this set me back Mack?

I really dont know much would to be...some members asked me about prices etc...

As i say before is not my priority sell lot of MVS custons anymore....so if someone have a real interest just sent to me the AES shell and the psu....i have here some MV-1C boards...the buyer just need say to me....

Video output ?(composite + s-video or component + composite + s-video)
Unibios ? (original or universebios whit custom serial number)
Color led in the reset button ? (white,blue,green,pink,red or yellow)

If someone want one AES whitout video output modded i can just use the original 8-pin to output the signals for stereo and rgb+sync+5v+negative,and can make one little case whit the rgb converter inside....
one side you have the male 8-pin.....the other side you have the audio/video output....

Thank you to all people who posted here :buttrock:

I will make the video this weekend....i just waiting my SSVS arrive in Brazil...but the Belgium post service are stupid and not sent to me my EMS....i hope Jago can fix this problem fast...i really bored about this.... :crying:

[]'Macck

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
Well...the MVS cart is about 3mm more larger than AES....and another question about the flap on the door.....the AES cart havent air entrance right....and the MVS cart have that air entrance..when you try insert the MVS cart in the original AES shell whit the original flaps....the cart dont get back....these flaps lock the cart in the slot....so you need change the doors...

[]'Macck
Interesting thanks for brining that to light. I don't like how the doors look.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member

[]'Macck

The MVS cart is about 3mm wider so to remedy the problem with the flap is to increase the size of the silders on the flap. They are the 2 lines on each flap. You just need to add a slightly taller rounded piece to it.

Or if it's easier for you, you can just add one in the middle of the flap on both side. Just make sure the slider is taller vertically than 4mm so it won't get stuck in a vent.

Macck

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Yes Xian....i will try this later...thanks again :buttrock:

Well...my Unibios arrived today...so i'm updating the thread whit some pics.....

Look...the same number on the botton of the shell and whit the UniverseBios 3.0 (thanks RAZ)
AES_C_F_P.jpg

And here the same number showed in the screen....
AES_C_F_Q.jpg

Now...i will just put on youtube one video.....

[]'Macck

Gamefan

OldSkool4Life,
20 Year Member
That is just awesome Macck!! On a side note I have not heard Portuguese in a while. I was born in Recife but came to the USA when I was 8 months old. My mom grew up in Lima and then moved to Recife.

Thanks!

GAMEFAN

Macck

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Nice,Recife is goooood place to live...

Thanks for the comments :buttrock:

[]'Macck