My humble home cart collection (rather pathetic, but a start).

Sammy/SNK-FAN

New Challenger
Hi, I'm Randy. I'm sure you’ve heard it 1000x, but I'm an old SNK fan that recently started recollecting for the home cart system. Here is my current humble collection (I'm sure it looks rather pathetic compared to most of your amazing collections), but it's a solid start for me.

I began playing the MVS back in the early 2000's in Nagasaki, Japan. I spent many hours at my local arcades (I had 3 within 3 blocks of my apartment). My games of choice at the time were KOF20/03, Samurai Spirits V, and Mark of the Wolves.

I bought my first AES console at a retro game shop in Kyoto, along with Metal Slug 4 and Samurai Spirits 1 (My Japanese girlfriend was not happy about me lugging the boxed AES sighting at Kinkaku-ji).

Here is a photo of my playing Samurai Spirits V Special when it came out in Japan:

I moved back to the states in 2004 and started buying games from the Neostore. I sold my home console a few years later and used the cash to purchase a Candy Cab with a 2 slot MVS. I collected MVS kits for 5-6 years and sadly sold everything when I was getting married.

So why am I back now and why the Neo Forum? I quit social media almost a year ago (best decision I ever made) and wanted to be somewhat involved in a Neo community. I've been a lurker/member here since 2005.

My 2x girls are getting into retro games and I want them to experience the Neo AES. I only had Japanese games back in the day, so that's what I'm collecting now. Game prices are crazy compared to the early 2000's, so I'm taking things much slower this time around.

At least you now know a little bit about this "noob", that has been recently posting after joining many years ago( and no, I'm not just trying to get into the marketplace. When I joined, the required number of posts was less. I've bought and sold here over the years. And yes, I've also posted in the wrong section a couple of times. I’m probably a noob for life).

Update, Just addes Last Blade and FF RBS to my collection!!

Attachments

• E47ACC24-C4F3-40E3-8643-58EB5552B35C.jpeg
    E47ACC24-C4F3-40E3-8643-58EB5552B35C.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 41
  • 1DBE8645-783A-4662-9478-995DA6589F36.jpeg
    1DBE8645-783A-4662-9478-995DA6589F36.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 40
  • 95B8C527-6B41-4E28-97E3-7BA487101C95.jpeg
    95B8C527-6B41-4E28-97E3-7BA487101C95.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 3
Last edited:

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
Hi, I'm Randy. I'm sure you’ve heard it 1000x, but I'm an old SNK fan that recently started recollecting for the home cart system. Here is my current humble collection (I'm sure it looks rather pathetic compared to most of your amazing collections), but it's a solid start for me.

I began playing the MVS back in the early 2000's in Nagasaki, Japan. I spent many hours at my local arcades (I had 3 within 3 blocks of my apartment). My games of choice at the time were KOF20/03, Samurai Spirits V, and Mark of the Wolves.

I bought my first AES console at a retro game shop in Kyoto, along with Metal Slug 4 and Samurai Spirits 1 (My Japanese girlfriend was not happy about me lugging the boxed AES sighting at Kinkaku-ji).

Here is a photo of my playing Samurai Spirits V Special when it came out in Japan:

I moved back to the states in 2004 and started buying games from the Neostore. I sold my home console a few years later and used the cash to purchase a Candy Cab with a 2 slot MVS. I collected MVS kits for 5-6 years and sadly sold everything when I was getting married.

So why am I back now and why the Neo Forum? I quit social media almost a year ago (best decision I ever made) and wanted to be somewhat involved in a Neo community. I've been a lurker/member here since 2005.

My 2x girls are getting into retro games and I want them to experience the Neo AES. I only had Japanese games back in the day, so that's what I'm collecting now. Game prices are crazy compared to the early 2000's, so I'm taking things much slower this time around.

At least you now know a little bit about this "noob", that has been recently posting after joining many years ago( and no, I'm not just trying to get into the marketplace. When I joined, the required number of posts was less. I've bought and sold here over the years. And yes, I've also posted in the wrong section a couple of times. I’m probably a noob for life).
My bro lived in Nagasaki around 2008-2010, I think I visited around 2009 were you there? I remember going to some Taito and Sega arcades, but the one that stuck with me was London Park it was full of cigarette smoke and SNK games, did you go there?

sr20det510

Whip's Subordinate

Buy a banana cart and enjoy most of the neo games. Then when a deal pops up for a game you like you can snag it and have the original cart. Look up NeoGeo multi on Google to find one for cheap.

Other higher end and much more expensive Neo geo Muticarts exist by Terraonion and DarkSoft. Those load and play the original roms. Look them up on the forum, you'll find tons of useful info

Sammy/SNK-FAN

New Challenger
My bro lived in Nagasaki around 2008-2010, I think I visited around 2009 were you there? I remember going to some Taito and Sega arcades, but the one that stuck with me was London Park it was full of cigarette smoke and SNK games, did you go there?
Very cool, I was teaching there from 2001-2004. I did play at London Park a few times a month. They had a few fun cave shooters as well.

My regular arcade for Neo games was a tiny place on the road up the hill to the big Catholic Church near the Peace park.