my first shockbox covers

UK DUDE

n00b
i like em dude the backs look a bit sparse but they are certainly on target to be very NOICE!

oooh see if u can get a better scan of that svc chaos front

:buttrock:

le geek

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
15 Year Member
Nice stuff! I would change the font on the bottom back of SVC Chaos though, everything else is so wild, and it's as plain as can be...

Cheers,
Ben

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I like how you have the characters from the game on and around the meg count and other logos. It's a nice effect when they appear to be "jumping" out of the image.

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
Lagduf said:
I like how you have the characters from the game on and around the meg count and other logos. It's a nice effect when they appear to be "jumping" out of the image.

Same here - purists might disagree, but I definitely think that little touches like that help give the inserts extra life. Also, there is some beautiful artwork in those inserts - particularly KoF '95, KoF '98, and RotD. Nice work.

Nesagwa

Beard of Zeus,
20 Year Member
Can I ask where you got your artwork for your MOTW cover?

anglib420

n00b
Nesagwa said:
Can I ask where you got your artwork for your MOTW cover?

well, i beleieve falcoon was the artist for garou, and each of those images is the actual character artwork. i layed it all out though, it was a bunch of indiviual images, i layered em, cut them, cropped em. i got the individual images from kawaii art zone. google it. it not in english and you have to be registered to look at the images, but i did all that without understanding a word on the screen.

Nesagwa

Beard of Zeus,
20 Year Member
anglib420 said:
well, i beleieve falcoon was the artist for garou, and each of those images is the actual character artwork. i layed it all out though, it was a bunch of indiviual images, i layered em, cut them, cropped em. i got the individual images from kawaii art zone. google it. it not in english and you have to be registered to look at the images, but i did all that without understanding a word on the screen.

Falcoon was most definately not the artist, but thanks for the info.

Dallas_Five

Terry Bogard's Taylor
Tonko was the Garou artist i believe?

As for the inserts, i really like the characters interacting with the meg count boxes on the spine, but not so much on the cover. It looks a little too busy on most of them, especially the ones where the portrait is obscuring the actual title logo (except the ROTD one, which is awesome).

anglib420

n00b
yeah, i was just completely guessing on the artist...

i've pretty much gotten love it or hate it on the meg thing, but i agree, the rotd one looks the best...