my dad's a drunk bastard

Mushiki

flaming petrosexual,
15 Year Member
smuf said:
Sometimes he snaps out of his and then he's good for a couple of weeks/months but he relapses every time. :very_ang:

Happened with my father as well... but for some reason, this time, I believe he isn'g going back. He smokes a lot though, hahaha.

Fighter123

Banned
Mushiki said:
Happened with my father as well... but for some reason, this time, I believe he isn'g going back. He smokes a lot though, hahaha.

If they loved their families a lot they would stop.

That's how I see it.

smuf

Vice's Love Slave
15 Year Member
Descent123 said:

That's how I see it.

I don't know man, I think he doesn't fully realize his problem.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Descent123 said:
I would throw all the fucking alcohol out of the window.

That's not very dramatic...

My aunt used to take a hammer and smash all the bottles in the sink...

Fighter123

Banned
norton9478 said:
That's not very dramatic...

My aunt used to take a hammer and smash all the bottles in the sink...

And you get all that broken glass in the sink. Ouch.

But I do have to admit it's more dramatic.

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
Descent123 said:

That's how I see it.

..and i guess your glasses are narrow, shortsighted, lacking context and overly simplified?

;)

Ever think someone's family may be the part of the problem?

People who abuse don't do it to feel good, they do it to feel normal or numb.

Addiction is a mind-fuck. It's not about other people, it's mostly about themselves.

Good thing we have Tom Cruise and his magical e-meter, though. It's all the thetans fault anyway.

zapatistab

Athena's Wardrobe Manager
when my dad was sober he was strict. After a while, my brother and I embraced him being drunk. We would ask him for money to go to the store, and when we returned he would be passed out. Our way of payback. We would always keep the change. Next morning he would ask if he gave us money, and of course we never gave it up. Mom knew...didn't care.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
The ugliest side to all this is loosing respect for your own father.

I was raised by my Godparents (Uncle & Aunt, my aunt is my father's sister), since my father was too young to take care of my brother and I, and my mother was gone when I was 5 years old and my little brother was 10 months old. (That's a whole entire story for another day)

My father was the youngest of 10 and he was the spoiled child of the family, so he had a drinking problem since I can remember things. The faithful day came regretfully, when I had to go and live with him in the city, I wanted a change, I wanted everything in life, just like any kid.

My father drank way too much and many times he would let things get out of hand with driving and pretty much being a parent period, when I was 12 we had a really bad accident that left me with several stiches and a deep hatred for 18 wheeler trucks. We were lucky to come out of that one alive.

Many times he would come drunk home, and my me and my friends pretty much scrambble out of there like bats out of hell, they all knew my situation too well, and understood that it wasn't wise to stick around when he got home.

He's a very broken man, and in some ways I think he broke me down too, with his sadness, his weakness, and his repetitive bad luck (although I don't believe in luckat all). I'm so sad that he was that way, I wish I could be proud of him, but I've never found any reason to be so.

In the other hand my Godfather which thankfully raised me as one of his own was an exemplary role model, I gotta tell you, better man this world has never known, he taught me some very important values, and although I may not practice them, I'm very well aware of wrong from right, and at the end that's what really matters.

Unfortunately my Godfather got really sick when I was 15, so I went back to them to see if I could provide some sort of help, although I really couldn't, but nonetheless I want it to be near them in this time of need. He died of cancer a year after and to this day and until the day I die he will always be my greatest hero, I was lucky that way, I got to see the 2 sides of the coin.

Now my father was bitter about me leaving him like that, but I didn't care, I turned into what they call an "enabler" whixh means that person that allowes ther tormentors to keep preying on, until one day 3 years later I left for good, and now I've been here in the US since then.

Thanks to his drinking he lost it all, all his cars, money, women, they were all gone, and I started sending money from here until eventually I brought him here, and got him a place in Miami, he never learned, and he sill drinks. It took me another good 10 years since I left my country to tell him what a fuck up I though he was, it hurt me worst than it did him, I know, because I'm still hurting.

I haven't talk to him ever since...

This is what I have to live with everyday for the rest of my life friend, I hate my father, nothing new in todays world, I just wish it didn't feel this bad that's all.

Hopefully there's something you can do to avoid this horrible feeling, be strong, this is probably the time your father will need you the most, he just won't admit it.

Just to make things clear, a lot of the times (Not in this post) when I talk about my "father" I mean my Godfather, so please understand for future or previous posts. I call them both Papa and their respective names when I talk to them though.

Last edited:

BoriquaSNK

His Excellency BoriquaSNK,, The Ambassador of Appl
15 Year Member
electricgrave said:
The ugliest side to all this is loosing respect for your own father.

I was raised by my Godparents (Uncle & Aunt, my aunt is my father's sister), since my father was too young to take care of my brother and I, and my mother was gone when I was 5 years old and my little brother was 10 months old. (That's a whole entire story for another day)

My father was the youngest of 10 and he was the spoiled child of the family, so he had a drinking problem since I can remember things. The faithful day came regretfully, when I had to go and live with him in the city, I wanted a change, I wanted everything in life, just like any kid.

My father drank way too much and many times he would let things get out of hand with driving and pretty much being a parent period, when I was 12 we had a really bad accident that left me with several stiches and a deep hatred for 18 wheeler trucks. We were lucky to come out of that one alive.

Many times he would come drunk home, and my me and my friends pretty much scrambble out of there like bats out of hell, they all knew my situation too well, and understood that it wasn't wise to stick around when he got home.

He's a very broken man, and in some ways I think he broke me down too, with his sadness, his weakness, and his repetitive bad luck (although I don't believe in luckat all). I'm so sad that he was that way, I wish I could be proud of him, but I've never found any reason to be so.

In the other hand my Godfather which thankfully raised me as one of his own was an exemplary role model, I gotta tell you, better man this world has never known, he taught me some very important values, and although I may not practice them, I'm very well aware of wrong from right, and at the end that's what really matters.

Unfortunately my Godfather got really sick when I was 15, so I went back to them to see if I could provide some sort of help, although I really couldn't, but nonetheless I want it to be near them in this time of need. He died of cancer a year after and to this day and until the day I die he will always be my greatest hero, I was lucky that way, I got to see the 2 sides of the coin.

Now my father was bitter about me leaving him like that, but I didn't care, I turned into what they call an "enabler" whixh means that person that allowes ther tormentors to keep preying on, until one day 3 years later I left for good, and now I've been here in the US since then.

Thanks to his drinking he lost it all, all his cars, money, women, they were all gone, and I started sending money from here until eventually I brought him here, and got him a place in Miami, he never learned, and he sill drinks. It took me another good 10 years since I left my country to tell him what a fuck up I though he was, it hurt me worst than it did him, I know, because I'm still hurting.

I haven't talk to him ever since...

This is what I have to live with everyday for the rest of my life friend, I hate my father, nothing new in todays world, I just wish it didn't feel this bad that's all.

Hopefully there's something you can do to avoid this horrible feeling, be strong, this is probably the time your father will need you the most, he just won't admit it.

Did you come from Puerto Rico?

My uncle has been an abusive alcoholic his entire life, and I see it seeping into my cousins. My mom is from Camuy, so the area is starkly divided between rich and poor. My Mom's brothers, who are all very rich and successful, are having sons that are turning into drunks and deadbeat dads. My dad is from Bayamon, where every other New Yorican is from, and he's a tee-totler because of the poverty and alcoholism there growing up.

With all those fucking Republicans (Progressivos) shitting up the suburbs, the island will never be the same.

PR is getting really bad, man. I don't think I'm going back for a looooong time.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
So you don't become an alcoholic, follow these simple rules...

1. Never have a drink when you have a hangover.
2. Never have more than one drink when you are upset or depressed.
3. If you get drunk, do not have another drink until after 5:00 PM the following day.
4. If you get a nice buzz, either keep it going or stop drinking.... Don't restart drinking after the buzz wears off.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
BoriquaSNK said:
Did you come from Puerto Rico?

My uncle has been an abusive alcoholic his entire life, and I see it seeping into my cousins. My mom is from Camuy, so the area is starkly divided between rich and poor. My Mom's brothers, who are all very rich and successful, are having sons that are turning into drunks and deadbeat dads. My dad is from Bayamon, where every other New Yorican is from, and he's a tee-totler because of the poverty and alcoholism there growing up.

With all those fucking Republicans (Progressivos) shitting up the suburbs, the island will never be the same.

PR is getting really bad, man. I don't think I'm going back for a looooong time.
No, but the funny thing is that my mother is from San Juan PR. My father and all his family are from Colombia, I was born in New York left when I was 4 and was raised in Colombia, eventually I came back when I turned 18, I couldn't leave before that, because I was still a minor.

About PR, yes I know the situation all too well, I was in a realtionship with a puertorican girl for 7 years, her father was pretty avid in politics, and we tended to disagree a lot in the whole "estadista o liberalista" type of thing.

I think PR has enough financial resources to be independent, many think not, but really look, it's all there. It's a shame that the mayority of hispanic people have a tendency to be selfish other wise we could be what Simon Bolivar intended hundreds of years ago.

Last edited:

Fighter123

Banned
electricgrave said:
Thanks to his drinking he lost it all, all his cars, money, women, they were all gone, and I started sending money from here until eventually I brought him here, and got him a place in Miami, he never learned, and he sill drinks. It took me another good 10 years since I left my country to tell him what a fuck up I though he was, it hurt me worst than it did him, I know, because I'm still hurting..

That took balls man, that took balls.

But sadly that has to be done. :(

recon_zero

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
I don't drink because of my dad. He does the drinking for both of us :tickled:

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
norton9478 said:
My dad used to come home every night....

Oh, son! Son, how many girls called you today? Zero? And how many girls called you yesterday? Lemme guess -- zero? Well, you know what they say, son. Zero plus zero equals FAG! Zero times any other number always equals FAG! Think about it, ya little mathematician
that's fucked up mang

sorry to hear that

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
norton9478 said:
My dad used to come home every night....

Oh, son! Son, how many girls called you today? Zero? And how many girls called you yesterday? Lemme guess -- zero? Well, you know what they say, son. Zero plus zero equals FAG! Zero times any other number always equals FAG! Think about it, ya little mathematician

My dad gave me the same shit - until one day he woke up with my dick in his ass.

He just walked off mumbling to himself ... "it's all fun and games until you wake up with your son's dick in your ass ... :oh_no: "

That it is dad, that it is indeed. :shame:

IMTheWalrus

Pao Pao Cafe Waiter
VanillaThunder said:
Go to Alanon.

Stage an intervention.

Tell him he can have is alcohol or his kid.

Be ready and prepared to cut him out of your life.

He has to hit rock bottom. Your bottom may be different than his. Anything less and he'll just relapse. He has to want to quit.

This is good advice. I don't really believe in interventions, because most addicts take them as attacks, but when people go out of control I do think you need to be prepared to cut them out of your life. It would show him that you aren't going to put up with his destructive behavior. If they don't hit bottom, or if they have a codependent, it will never stop.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
LoneSage said:
that's fucked up mang

sorry to hear that

Yeah, what can I say?

Why didn't Daddy give up drinking? He couldn't. Daddy drank for the government!

smuf

Vice's Love Slave
15 Year Member
He's now been sober for two days and as far as I know he's not taking all the damned pills anymore neither (I didn't mention before that he takes a shitload of anti-depressives).

He's leaving on holiday to Portugal next week so I hope that'll do him good.

ttooddddyy

PNG FTW,
galfordo said:
My dad gave me the same shit - until one day he woke up with my dick in his ass.

He just walked off mumbling to himself ... "it's all fun and games until you wake up with your son's dick in your ass ... :oh_no: "

That it is dad, that it is indeed. :shame:

Would someone please take the bottle off galfo

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Fighter123 said:
That took balls man, that took balls.

But sadly that has to be done. :(
...I know, is one of those times that you understnad the whole myth about confronting your own demons deal that everyone keeps babbling about.

It was weird, like a weight lifted off your shoulders, but at the same time you couldn't help but feel guilty in someway, for beating the man while he's down.

I'm not proud of it, but I can't say I regret ever doing it.

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
ttooddddyy said:
Would someone please take the bottle off galfo

brainguy.jpg

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
galfordo said:
You just gotta love Galfordo...man even the name is got that cheap spanish twist, is just like BAM! I'm Antonio Banderas banging Salma Hayek while shooting down a couple gangs all of the sudden.

It's Galfordo! (Acoustic guitars and flamenco claps in the background)