My Arcade, Ahem, I meant, um, My Office

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
I hate MvC2 for one reason: I suck at it. I have still not gotten used to the whole tag/assist concept of it. Ok, two reasons, that and the soundtrack for that game sucks.

I prefer Super Street Fighter II Turbo or Street Fighter III Second Impact instead. Though I have to admit, lately, I have gotten into the Vampire Savior series, and I have been enjoying VS2 quite a bit.

I'm going to get flamed more than anyone in the history of Neo Geo for saying this, but... I really enjoy MvsC2 much more than Super Turbo. I have owned a Super Turbo machine, played the hell out of it, played with friends, and just don't like it. The ONLY reason I played it so much is because that's the game everyone likes... finally, one day, I just said "fuck this", and sold my phoenixed kit. Why was I keeping a game because everyone else likes it but me?

I will say, one game that I love, that others do too, is Third Strike. I can play that every god damn day and not get bored of it.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Actually I think more folks like MvC2 than SSF2T. MvC2 is allright, but I like MvC and the previous iterations way better, they are defenately more fun and fluid yet they still zanny enough. MvC2 is cool and all, but is just feels like a big mess sometimes.

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
Actually I think more folks like MvC2 than SSF2T. MvC2 is allright, but I like MvC and the previous iterations way better, they are defenately more fun and fluid yet they still zanny enough. MvC2 is cool and all, but is just feels like a big mess sometimes.

SOMETIMES? Lol, it's a big mess all the time. Feet and fists and god knows how many energy beams of whatever all lover the fucking place. But, that's what I love about it. It's a nice departure from the very strict and serious fighters I usually play.

Bibliophile

, I liek DragonWarrior
I'm going to get flamed more than anyone in the history of Neo Geo for saying this, but... I really enjoy MvsC2 much more than Super Turbo. I have owned a Super Turbo machine, played the hell out of it, played with friends, and just don't like it. The ONLY reason I played it so much is because that's the game everyone likes... finally, one day, I just said "fuck this", and sold my phoenixed kit. Why was I keeping a game because everyone else likes it but me?

I will say, one game that I love, that others do too, is Third Strike. I can play that every god damn day and not get bored of it.

I am probably the only person in the whole world who thinks this, but I prefer Second Impact to Third Strike. I like the way you do throws better in Second Impact over Third Strike.

On a side note, and I know it is not good to say this on a Neo Geo site, but I prefer Capcom fighters to SNK fighters anytime.

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
I am probably the only person in the whole world who thinks this, but I prefer Second Impact to Third Strike. I like the way you do throws better in Second Impact over Third Strike.

No, that's been some sort of strange "hardcore" answer for a while. I think SI is very good, but it's not as good as TS.

On a side note, and I know it is not good to say this on a Neo Geo site, but I prefer Capcom fighters to SNK fighters anytime.

Oh you son of a bitch. Actually, I agree to an extent, but SNK does make some great games, too. KOF98, Sam Sho2, and MOTW are enough for me to love SNK, not to mention many more.

mainman

CPS2 Person.,
20 Year Member
No, that's been some sort of strange "hardcore" answer for a while. I think SI is very good, but it's not as good as TS.

Oh you son of a bitch. Actually, I agree to an extent, but SNK does make some great games, too. KOF98, Sam Sho2, and MOTW are enough for me to love SNK, not to mention many more.

The torch was past when SNK went out of business, Playmore (which is not snk) hasn't made anything ground breaking since it was founded. You might argue due to just own your personal preference that capcom makes crap but at least their a house hold name.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member

You're breaking my heart. There is a valid point to the following; Only those new to the fighting game genre feel this way 'cause Capcom makes more accessible game to the masses, thus the appeal of capcom games last longer for them. SNK games, better yet Neo Geo fighting games are for people that can apprecciate well built fighting engines and button layouts.

You can argue all day but SNK is always gonna be the better out of the two, that's not to say I do not care for capcom though. To me FFS and SSF2T are the best fighting games out there anyway followed closely by the first Guilty Gear.

Bibliophile

, I liek DragonWarrior

I hate them all, not because they are lousy games. Just because I suck at them.

But then again, I only suck at lousy games....

Mr.Nemoperson

Bunker Buster
15 Year Member

You are not the only one. It has nothing to do with being elite or hardcore.
Third Strike is a more diverse and deeper game then SI. But I enjoy SI more.
I will be the first to admit I am not that great at fighters. So it does not really bother me much if a game is more "tournament worthy" or whatever then the other.
I enjoy the aesthetics of Second Impact more. I think the backgrounds and the music are much better in it then 3S.
When it comes down to it I have more fun playing Second Impact then Third Strike and that's all that really matters to me.

........oh and Third Strike is too fucking expensive for me:smirk:

I will disagree with you on the throwing in SI. I like 3S better. I find that alot of newer player tend to accidentally throw in ST and SI. But with the two button mechanic that is all but eliminated.

Bibliophile

, I liek DragonWarrior
My Two New Candy Cabs

I picked these two up from oldschoolneo. Just got them today.

Megalo 410

IMG_2824.jpg

IMG_2826.jpg

IMG_2827.jpg

IMG_2829.jpg

IMG_2830.jpg

Naomi Universal

IMG_2831.jpg

IMG_2832.jpg

IMG_2834.jpg

IMG_2835.jpg

IMG_2836.jpg

IMG_2837.jpg

Now I have to figure out where to put them in my office. I also have to figure out how to take apart the Megalo so I can even get it through the doorway.

payment_due

Arcade Trading Room Troll? Well its about damn t
Nice. Did that meg come with it's remote? If not let me know, I know where you can get the remote for it from Australia.

kingbuzzo

Zero's Secretary
awesome rigs. Really jealous.

I like 2nd impact for its artistic qualities, but it's hard to find a cab for that. It's always 3S.

Bibliophile

, I liek DragonWarrior
Nice. Did that meg come with it's remote? If not let me know, I know where you can get the remote for it from Australia.

I did get a remote with it, but I would still like to know what your source is in Australia, just in case, I should ever I need to get a replacement.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Nice cabs Bib's congrats. I defenately would like to play that Megalo it looks ace!

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
This fucking thread is all over the internet, every forum I go to I see the totally-not-off-the-cuff

'My arcade, ahem, I meant, um, my office'

I mean jesus he even signs up at forums just to post this stupid thread with all those shitty cabs.

1st post on we-play-games 'My arcade, ahem, I meant, um, my office'

what a fucking loser.

Collect for yourself, not to show it off to other people constantly.

ferrarimanf355

Bullets QB
This fucking thread is all over the internet, every forum I go to I see the totally-not-off-the-cuff

'My arcade, ahem, I meant, um, my office'

I mean jesus he even signs up at forums just to post this stupid thread with all those shitty cabs.

1st post on we-play-games 'My arcade, ahem, I meant, um, my office'

what a fucking loser.

Collect for yourself, not to show it off to other people constantly.

Sir Bitches-A-Lot strikes again! :shame:

not sonic

King of Typists,
15 Year Member
AHEM

its true though.

the exact same cheesey title is everywhere.

Buddy !This is my heaven of oldschool and newschool games!:eek:Neo Geo didnt die !It lives in this arcade machines.better to say in the heart of every gamers.YEAH !You rocks !!!:buttrock: