MVS video signal and monitor picture width/height adjustment

chrisg

n00b
Hi,

I've recently acquired an electrocoin 6-slot cabinet. The 6-slot mobo was dead (hopefully not terminal - but that's a separate project), so I've put a 4-slot in it for the moment.

Generally all is working well, but I have an issue with the picture being slightly cropped in both the horizontal and the vertical:

S4Mc5.jpg

The monitor is a hantarex MTC 9000. When I adjust the horizontal and vertical width and position controls, the 'projected' area on the screen changes, but the actual picture cropping does not change*. It's as if the signal is being trimmed by something else.

Are there some extra controls which I don't know about? Or is something wrong somewhere?

(* maybe it changes a very small amount - hard to tell. But I've not managed to get it any better than the pic above).

Any advice is much appreciated.

OldTony

New Challenger
There isn't any control on MVS for pic size or position, you just need to adjust it using monitor controls.

Dion

Known Scammer, NeoGeoFreak Co-Founder
Very strange. I wonder if someone somewhere down the line didn't swap a 19" chassis onto that 25" tube.

chrisg

n00b
Hi guys,

Thanks for replying. Just to confirm - changing the horizontal and vertical settings on the monitor changes the size and position of the projected image, but doesn't affect the point where the image is cropped.

Regarding the chassis - this is what it looks like:

y0awP.jpg

I think that's the beefed-up MTC 9000 isn't it (with the fan on it)? It is also all equally filthy, so if it was swapped out, it was done a long time ago...

Does anyone know if this could be a problem straying into cap-kit territory?

Thanks