MVS to PC!! HELP!!

KOFcollector

Stakes Winner
Hello Everyone!!! Well, this post is to find help, I wanna use my supergun MVS on my HP Touchscreen desktop, I try use the S-Video but still not showing picture, now, If some one can tell me what i have to use please!! Or what i have to plug, here the pictures of my MVS and the picture of the HP s-video port
mvs to pc.jpg
this is another different port in the MVS
mvs to pc 3.jpg

And this is the S-Video port from the HP Touchscreen
mvs to pc 2.jpg

Can someone can help me to plug and have the video on the desktop pc, what i need? what i have to do?? I need buy a signal converter?? a new s-video cable??:help:

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
Are you sure that s-video port on your HP Touchscreen is a video IN and not a video OUT?
Please also post more info on what kind of screen you are trying to connect your consolized MVS to and what video encoder is in the MVS.
Does the MVS work on TVs?

KOFcollector

Stakes Winner
Xsq!! Yes!! The port on the hp is for in!! the out video n sound is in white color on the pc and the green color around the s-video port is for "in" this MVS work perfect on my tv using the RCA yesterday I receive a cable to plug via RCA on the MVS and s-video to pc or tv I don't try yet to plug this new cable on my tv but it works perfect on the tv with the RCA cable, the pc is a hp touchsmart 600

xsq

I'm not familiar with that model, but you should be able to select the S-Video signal via the remote, try the button labeled "input" to select S-Video and then "set" to save. Some units also have a button on the back to select the source (and again you'll most likely need to hit "set" afterwards). Also you could try to select the S-Video input from a program in Windows like Movie Maker to see if the signal comes through at all, might add some more lag though.

Also if possible test the consolized MVS on a TV to be sure.

Pope Sazae

Known Scammer, DO NOT DEAL WITH!, The Management.,
Based on your computer model you should have RCA jacks on the other side of the display from the s-video side. Try plugging it in there and use the RCA on your supergun. Also that "other" port on your supergun is for RGB.

blotter12

Kabuki Klasher
If there are RCA jacks on the other side, try those, but if you are still having trouble, a round about thing to try would be a "USB capture device", where you can plug in your CMVS to the capture device and the capture device plugs into your PC via USB. I bought one in the $20 range and it works for me. YMMV.

KOFcollector

Stakes Winner
Thank U to everyone for Ur help!!! The Bad news is: the s-video port it move inside the mvs so i can test today that port because i just pull back out but i need more time to make sure with my other tv, here on my room looks great the picture on the tv using the RCA cables because this tv in the room don't have the s-video port :( but this is with the RCA
kof2000.jpg
kof2000-1.jpg

Now i check on the pc but i don't see any RCA port in the other side so looks like i have to use only the RCA untill i can make stable the s-video port, because i love this mvs and i don't wanna mess this!! =D

xsq

if what the Pope said is true, that RGB port should deliver the best picture. Then S-Video, then what comes out over the RCA (which is composite). Sadly your Screen does only support the S-Video option as far as I know, but that will be fine also.

I do not know much about those USB capture devices, but they might add lag to the video, which is something that can become very annoying (especially if you're already playing on a TFT). So watch out for that.

Hope you get the S-Video port fixed. Strange that it came loose...

Pope Sazae

Who made that CMVS for you or who did you get it from?

Wolfie79

Quiz Detective
why dont you opt for an rgb to scart cable? I think rgb is the best possible picture quality you can get, even on that screen size! (the C type connector on the side where u have ur joystick ports... that is wired directly frmo the rgb signals probably!)

Pope Sazae

why dont you opt for an rgb to scart cable? I think rgb is the best possible picture quality you can get, even on that screen size! (the C type connector on the side where u have ur joystick ports... that is wired directly frmo the rgb signals probably!)

We don't use scart here in the US.

KOFcollector

Stakes Winner
Pope Sazae!! I but this mvs about 2 or 3 years ago on ebay, i use this a few times a month to make sure still in working condition but because here on my room my tv don't have s-video port i use only the RCA, so the RGB is another options for me????

Pope Sazae

RGB isn't really an option unless you are willing to get some new hardware like a monitor or tv that can support it. Do you have something else with s-video like a dvd player you could hook to your computer to test and make sure the svid is good on there?

KOFcollector

Stakes Winner
i have to llok on my dvd or the directv box i think have a traditional port like bolt the U twist but also is a s-video port in the back

Pope Sazae

If the s-video from one of your other devices works on your pc then we can look into other options. If they do work then while you have it on one of those just pull the plug from that device and go straight to the cmvs. Plus if you have another svid cable laying around give that a shot, i have had a few become very finicky with pins getting bent and just being loose. All of this is for when you get the port stable on the cmvs of course.

KOFcollector

Stakes Winner
I will try to fix the s-video port, but ill try first the direct tv box or dvd to make sure this port on the pc works fine, but if not, I have no idea what also can i use, I try use the avermedia game capture but the cables are just for plug in to the ps3,xbox or nintendo wii!

Pope Sazae

It won't be the prettiest picture but you can always get an RCA to Coax converter and then hook your cmvs up that way. Not as nice as s-video but if you are looking to get it on your computer this should be a sure fire bet.

KOFcollector

Stakes Winner
Well, the pc don't have RCA port, and honestly I'm not a expert on fix this kind of things, and of course i don't wanna mess this mvs because i love it!!! to play old arcade games =D

Pope Sazae

With that converter it would take the RCA out from your CMVS and convert it coax which is the plug above the s-video on the side of your computer. You would have something in between the system and the computer but it is better than nothing at all. Just a very nice and simple fix that doesn't require you to do any kind of modding and those RF modulators (the converter) can be bought at all kinds of places, I just put that link to one at Walmart for reference.

Here is how you would have it:

[==]cmvs -- rca cables -- [=]rf modulator/converter box -- coax cable -- [==]computer

KOFcollector

Stakes Winner
If I'm not wrong i think o have in the basement a RCA to Coax converter, let me find this converter between today and tomorrow if I have ill try right away and i let U know!!!

KOFcollector

Stakes Winner
Thank U Pope Sazae!!! I'm going right no to try to find this converter because we use a few years ago and we keep in the basement, let me go find it, and a soon i bring to my room i'll try and i let U know!! Thank U Pope!!

Pope Sazae

It's the simplest way to go and should be pretty fool proof as long as your computer wants to play nice. Just plug it all in and keep changing the input on your computer until you get to one that is probably called something like tv/antenna or maybe even cable.

Pope Sazae

Hopefully whoever built this used a Neobitz video encoder inside it because I have used one going from rca to coax and it still looked very good, my favorite encoder you can use when building one of these. If for some reason it doesn't work or you still have any trouble we can try something else tomorrow.