Ganryu
Last Blade
Last Blade 2
Real Bout Fatal Fury
Real Bout Fatal Fury Special
Robo Army
Sengoku 2
Super Dodge Ball
SVC Chaos: SNK vs. Capcom (legit or Plus version, I don't really care)

I'm not going for a full set, though. Just 100 or so games I actually care to play semi-regularly. In fact, I think I might even sell off a few games soon to make room for future pick-ups I really want. We'll see.

Yagyu Jubei

Dodgeball Yakuza
I used to want a legit SSVS cart. But goddammit, I am not paying $1000+ for MVS! After playing it on the 161, did all the fatalities...I'm meh now. If a good deal on an unfixed AES comes up, maybe I'll bite. If I could only own 3, it would be the first three.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Missing like 7 fighters to complete the set. The only one of that lot that is expensive is Fight Fever.

The thing is Fight Fever is so horrible. I remember way back Xian Xi was selling his, I was this close to jumping in and decided not to, it's so hard to justify the price for such a horrible fighting game, personally I rather play Gowcaizer...wait, no, freaking Galaxy Fight...wait I can top that, freaking Ragnagard, now that's pretty bad and still better than Fight Fever, don't do it LWK.

Yagyu Jubei

Dodgeball Yakuza
The thing is Fight Fever is so horrible. I remember way back Xian Xi was selling his, I was this close to jumping in and decided not to, it's so hard to justify the price for such a horrible fighting game, personally I rather play Gowcaizer...wait, no, freaking Galaxy Fight...wait I can top that, freaking Ragnagard, now that's pretty bad and still better than Fight Fever, don't do it LWK.

Fight Fever is just abysmal. It was the embodiment of everything wrong with the SF2 Craze.

Yagyu Jubei

Dodgeball Yakuza
Never buy rare because it's rare. This rule has saved my ass many times in the Neo scene, as well as other systems.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Games like Fight Fever are only worth picking up if you can get it cheap.

Yagyu Jubei

Dodgeball Yakuza
Wasn't there a crate of Fight Fever boots on Ebay a while back? Like $35 a pop from overseas?

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Wasn't there a crate of Fight Fever boots on Ebay a while back? Like $35 a pop from overseas?

Not sure. There was a ton of NOS kits on there for $100 that all got snatched up a while back.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Got everything I wanted to play already. I don't go after stuff like Mahjong, Japanese quiz games, or gambling games.

Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante
I buy MVS titles that I would play regularly on my cab. I have most of the titles I want, but there are some I haven't gotten yet and some higher priced ones that I may never have due to budget:

Art of Fighting 3
Shock Troopers
Strikers 1945 Plus
Twinkle Star Sprites
Prehistoric Isle 2
Pulstar

That's pretty much it.

Last edited:

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I've pretty much just picked up fighters and the exception to this rule is the Slug series. I want to get a few more shooters though like PI2, Shock Toopers etc. When I bought my meager 20 odd carts prices were pretty good. Today I think I should have gotten the shooters first..

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
I've always had the intention of keeping my MVS collection tight. Full kits, and only games I know I will play again and again. So far, I've managed to get complete kits for:

Blazing Star
Garou: MotW
Matrimelee
Metal Slug, 2, 3, X, 4, 5
Prehistoric Isle 2
Pulstar
Rage of the Dragons
Samurai Shodown V
Sengoku 3
Shock Troopers
Shock Troopers: 2nd Squad
Super Dodge Ball
The Last Blade

I'm most of the way there for what I set out to get, but the ones that I'm missing for a "personal complete' collection are:

Neo Drift Out
Robo Army
Sengoku
Sengoku 2
The Last Blade 2
Viewpoint
Windjammers

I'm patient, so if it takes a while, it takes a while. I have no doubt that one day, I'll have all the ttitles I set out to get 4 years ago.

Last edited:

BladeDancer314

Windjammers Wonder
I got rid of almost all of my MVS titles and kept only a few select games. Probably the only things I still want that I don't have are the Metal Slug games I am missing, namely all of them except for 1 and X. I have a boot of part 3 but never got around to picking up a real one. The thing is that I have Slug 2 on CD, and I don't really care much about 4 and 5, so they'd have to be like $20 for me to pick them up, which is unlikely. I'm fine with that.

No like MS5?

I actually think it's a good one.

pegboy

Armored Scrum Object
I'd really love to own a Strikers 1945+ full kit, and Prehistoric Isle 2.

novabomb

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
I also have quite a list but I take my time.

Main focus atm is getting Viewpoint.

aoiddr

Over Top Auto Mechanic
I'm not that big on fighting games, so I've mainly focused on the Shmup and Puzzle genres when buying MVS carts (and yes, the run&gun games). I've managed to collect all the shmup games (not an easy task) and have the majority of the puzzle games that are worth owning.

At this point, the only puzzle games I don't have are...

Puzzled
Puzzle de Pon! R
Pop'n Bounce
Pochi and Nyaa
The Irritating Maze

(And if I cared... non-bootleg versions of Metal Slug 1, Metal Slug 5, Puzzle de Pon!, and Nightmare in the Dark.)

Last edited:

MCF 76

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
About to have James build me a CMVS very soon to explore some exclusive titles. Already got all the AES games i want & can afford.

Grabbed Strikers 1945+ a while back at a good price. Here's the rest of my want list:

Ganryu
Prehistoric Isle 2
Zed Blade
NITD
Metal Slug
Bam / puzzle bobble
Shock Troopers

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
I have almost all the carts I want. I do not care for full kits, but if I get one at a good price then why not. Currently I am missing the following games:

- Ganryu
- Cyber Lip
- Ghost Pilots
- Pulstar

The neo is a great console where most of its games are good. Few are real unplayable stinkers.

Loris Biaggi

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
I have all the MVS i want, but Ganryu.... but i can live without it if it's so impossible to find one.
There are some games i can buy but i won't die for:

Zupapa
Money Idol Exchanger
Magician Lord
Robo Army
King of the Monsters
Art of Fighting 2
NeoXYX

For the full set i'm missing about 20 more titles of crap

There are about ten titles left that I want to get over the next few years. I try to grab them at conventions when they pop up, or the occasional eBay splurge. I just purchased a Cyber Lip MVS on a whim after playing it at a friends.

Ren-chan

F I R E W A L L, M Y A S S !,
There are at least 3 titles I'd like to have but in the end I always am like "not that I'm gonna play much...".
These are:
Pulstar
Blazing Star
Samurai Spirits 5

Samurai 5 special too, but its price is just out of my league :(

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Fight Fever looks terrible, but I will complete the full MVS fighter set. Another reason is that you probably won't ever see another fighters. I don't know if those dev teams would bother with fighting games.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Fight Fever looks terrible, but I will complete the full MVS fighter set. Another reason is that you probably won't ever see another fighters. I don't know if those dev teams would bother with fighting games.

I think we're all set for Neo fighters until the end of time, possibly beyond ;)

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
There's absolutely no excuse to ever own either Fight Fever or Power Spikes II even if you're looking to have a full.
Damn... those games(???) are awful

I can understand LOSJ tho :cool:

Last edited:

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Power Spikes II is like 3 Count Bout, you just gotta learn how to play it. They both are meh though.