MVS MOTHERBOARD for an EGRET 2

sir arthur

War Room Troll
Hello guys,

I have had an AES and a CDZ for a few years, but now I am going down the MVS route for the Metal Slug series

Which model would you recommend me in order to attach it to an Egret 2?

Can I get stereo sound?

Thanks b4hands!

:help:

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Any of the 1 slots will work, except the 1B and 1C as they are mono. You will connect the P plug to the headphone jack on the motherboard. Ill take a pic of mine for you when I get home today.

ReplicaX

Unholy Custom Rank.,
15 Year Member
1F or 1FS. As Kid Panda stated there is a factory harness that plugs in for Stereo on the Egret (P Plug).

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Ok so here's the inside of my AWSD which is The same pretty much as an E2. First you should have a small harness that looks like this:
a5epegyz.jpg

Here is my MV1FS with the "P" harness plugged in. Incidentally, not all JAMMA pcbs that support stereo are going to have the same pin out, it just so happens that the Neo shares the same pin out as the Taito FX system.
qehataje.jpg

Take the "P" harness and plug into the headphone pin out with the "P" facing down.
4ugydajy.jpg

Make sure the switch in your E2 in your service panel is switched to stereo, and that's it, enjoy Neo in stereo ;)

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
Shouldn't it be on speaker? With headphone even at max and dial at max it is barely loud.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
hm, from my experience the headphone connector is pretty loud... also has better quality. But I never got my boards to put out stereo, due to damaged faders I guess.

sir arthur

War Room Troll
Thanks a lot, kid and replicaX

I have this "P" stuff

I will try it as soon as I get one

Any differences between 1F and 1FS?

sir arthur

War Room Troll
hm, from my experience the headphone connector is pretty loud... also has better quality. But I never got my boards to put out stereo, due to damaged faders I guess.

damaged faders?

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
On my MV1f headphone and stereo 4 pin harness sound the same. The only difference is you need to turn up the volume more on the headphone jack (which makes sense, since it is near line level, other is amped). Only sounds low on my egret II speakers (which I never use as I have a line attenuation box for all my jamma and steroe amped games to go to my receiver)

Maybe certain mvs boards sound better with headphones?