MVS mod?

eddicef

NEST Puppet
My question:

I have a 2-Slot MVS Board and would like to get it modded, so that I have the AES options on the MVS System.

Does this really work and are there any problems with the BIOS? What options does one have after the mod of the MVS?

And how much do these modds or Bios chips cost?

[ June 09, 2002: Message edited by: eddicef ]</p>

thundr51

Bead Banger
hiya eddiecf,
The product you're looking for is called a 4x Bios. It's sold by a guy name Jeff Kurtz(go to the tech support forum, he's a mod there.) Anyway, It's very simple to put in and what it allows you to is switch language options from US-Jap and switch between Home and MVS version. I recently found out that with some of the new games that have encryption the home version won't work (KOF2k so far). I got mine for about $50 and that included the switches pre-soldered. It's a pretty good deal as when I have company and want to play some MVS most games don't allow you to switch characters during bouts. :D

slerch666

updyke,
I just wnated you to know, Eddicef, that I replied to the PM you sent.

And like thundr51 said, some games have problems if they are encrypted, but they ONLY have problems switching to AES mode. The MVS mode works flawlessly (whether you are playing in JPN/English mode or not).

Just didn't want to confuse you or have you scared out of the mod.

Check out this page for tons of info on this mod and several others: <a href="http://www.hardmvs.com/" target="_blank">Hard MVS</a>

[ June 09, 2002: Message edited by: slerch666 ]</p>

eddicef

NEST Puppet
And how do I switch between the AES/MVS settings?

With the dip switches and then in the Hardware setting menu? Or where?

thundr51

Bead Banger
If you order the chip with switches there will be two switches. One for languages, the other for MVS-Home console mode.