mvs lot of boots

R3LL1K

n00b
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Boots don't magically grow on trees folks. Everything costs money. I was the highest bidder on the first auction that I didn't win due to the reserve and I'm currently the highest bidder on this auction and haven't met the reserve yet. lol. Doubt I will too.

Last edited:

Grizz9567

Crossed Swords Squire
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Well Good Luck my friend:buttrock:

Boots don't magically grow on trees folks. Everything costs money. I was the highest bidder on the first auction that I didn't win due to the reserve and I'm currently the highest bidder on this auction and haven't met the reserve yet. lol. Doubt I will too.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
537   0   0
On a reserve auction it will bid directly to the reserve if your max bid is equal or more than it. If your max is less than the reserve it will keep doing incremental bids up to your max. It does it that way in case the seller decides to end the auction early and sell it at the current price.

yoko kurama

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Rating - 100%
39   0   0
the reserve meets what I paid for each which is $20 each ...so yea I am going to sell them to break even on them....not looking to get rich on them....again they do cost money, they aren't free

yoko kurama

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Rating - 100%
39   0   0
both are boots lol....they do look real, but the boards are definitley boots and definitely dont want to sell them as legit though they would pass on the outside :)

R3LL1K

n00b
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
the reserve meets what I paid for each which is $20 each ...so yea I am going to sell them to break even on them....not looking to get rich on them....again they do cost money, they aren't free
ebay fees suck.

One thing I learned about this hobby is that sometimes you take a hit. Whether you overpay for a machine you must have, or a board that ends up being more common than you thought. I don't think you'll have a problem recouping your investment . I don't think you'll make too much of a profit though.

arfink

Crossed Swords Squire
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Yeah, boots don't grow on trees. They are cool to me though, because they often have socketed EPROMs or flash chips, and so make great development hardware, and if they have enough chips inside, are quite worth the money since EPROMs can be hard to find/expensive these days.

BeaglePuss

Mickey's Coach
Rating - 100%
68   0   0
Yeah, boots don't grow on trees. They are cool to me though, because they often have socketed EPROMs or flash chips, and so make great development hardware, and if they have enough chips inside, are quite worth the money since EPROMs can be hard to find/expensive these days.

I buy used EPROMs for 50 cents a pop for my NES reproductions. No way would it be worth it to by a boot for the EPROMs unless you were converting it into a Ghostlop or something.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
Rating - 100%
120   0   0
Tiny EPROMs used for NES "repros" (fancy name for selling bootlegs for profit) are much smaller than the harder to find sizes used in NG boots. Often they are worth it if one has a use for the larger EPROMs.

trimer34

Quiz Detective
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
Hey David, is this metal slug you got from me ?

Just curious .. :) Good luck with the Selling !!

yoko kurama

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Rating - 100%
39   0   0
Hey David, is this metal slug you got from me ?

Just curious .. :) Good luck with the Selling !!

I think it is lol...not sure - i cant remember if yours was the boot or the real one lol...really sux to sell it all off, but with the wife in school full time and no $$$ for food/bills....have to do it :(

trimer34

Quiz Detective
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
Mine was a BOOT ..
Good luck with the sell buddy .. I hope things get better for you soon ..

Peace ..

MrMark0673

n00b
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Tiny EPROMs used for NES "repros" (fancy name for selling bootlegs for profit) are much smaller than the harder to find sizes used in NG boots. Often they are worth it if one has a use for the larger EPROMs.

Harder to find sizes? What, like 27c010 and 27c512 chips? You can pick them up for $1 and $.50 respectively, may have to pay a bit more 27c160s.

Good luck buying $20+ bootlegs for $1 EPROMs :lolz:

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
537   0   0
Harder to find sizes? What, like 27c010 and 27c512 chips? You can pick them up for $1 and $.50 respectively, may have to pay a bit more 27c160s.

Good luck buying $20+ bootlegs for $1 EPROMs :lolz:

The boots he is referring to are the ones filled with 27c160s which usually cost about $4-5 a chip used (To those that don't know). In some boots you can have as many as 10+, at $20 that's a deal.