MVS Kit question

GaijinPunch

Kabuki Klasher
So did standard Japanese MVS kits come with A1 posters? I think I've seen a few around the auction sites and shops, but I'm not so knowledgeable on where they came from.

Last edited:

Large

, ,
GaijinPunch said:
So did standard Japanese MVS kits come with A1 posters? I think I've seen a few around the auction sites and shops, but I'm not so knowledgeable on where they came from.
There are posters available for several mvs games, but they don't belong to the kits itself. Mostly they are given to the distributors for advertising reasons.

Best Regards
Large

GaijinPunch

Kabuki Klasher
sven666 said:
dont tell me you started collecting MVS now? :P

Nah. I know this will get me violated with a Lexington Steele molded strap-on, but the emulation is so good, running it through my AVGA is enough for me. You can imagine what a big stack of cartridges would do to my space (even though the price is right).

I'm more interested in some of the posters alone. I do recall a Metal Slug flyer (first one, I think) going for a hefty sum on teh YJ some time ago. Under 10,000 yen, but still pricey.

sven666

War Room Troll
GaijinPunch said:
Nah. I know this will get me violated with a Lexington Steele molded strap-on, but the emulation is so good, running it through my AVGA is enough for me. You can imagine what a big stack of cartridges would do to my space (even though the price is right).

I'm more interested in some of the posters alone. I do recall a Metal Slug flyer (first one, I think) going for a hefty sum on teh YJ some time ago. Under 10,000 yen, but still pricey.

lol dont worry about it, this isnt shmups, on here only a handfull of people play originals :lolz:

hmm i have a shitton of leftover artwork for various older MVS games, maybe i should look into selling it..

c.t.h

Maxima's Barber
I have boxes... and boxes of MVS / Japanese Neo artwork. LMK if there's a specific game you're looking for, if I have time in a couple weeks I'll take a look. You would be shocked at the amount of promo artwork they made for every game...

GaijinPunch

Kabuki Klasher
Well, I've added a section of instruction cards to gamengai, as I figured it wouldn't be bad have them for at least viewing purposes for people that own the original boards but no instructions. They're hardly print quality though (bandwidth issues). I have some MVS stuff (example) but most of it is square, plastic instructions, like the one above.

I'm working on another section now, which will have the likes of this posted in it. ;) They just take forever to sort out.

dark penguin

Mai's Tabloid Photographer
GaijinPunch said:
Well, I've added a section of instruction cards to gamengai, as I figured it wouldn't be bad have them for at least viewing purposes for people that own the original boards but no instructions. They're hardly print quality though (bandwidth issues). I have some MVS stuff (example) but most of it is square, plastic instructions, like the one above.

I'm working on another section now, which will have the likes of this posted in it. ;) They just take forever to sort out.

Nice site...some great resources tucked away in there.

GaijinPunch

Kabuki Klasher
dark penguin said:
Nice site...some great resources tucked away in there.

One day when the robots that take over the Earth all run out of batteries, aliens will visit and ponder why grown men gave a shit about games that were (at the time) 10-20 years old, did their best to avoid new technology, and were in a language other than their first.

That's how I envision the future, anyway. :)

Lately I've been straying away from just normal games as they're covered all over the internet. I love finding stuff like Sega Players Enjoy Club b/c they're next to impossible to find, and shows how fun gaming was back then. Those books had articles and manga done by the developers/artists of the game. They didn't just hire some college student for 800 yen an hour to make some website w/ wallpapers and movie clips. Even the envelopes they came in had Phantasy Star prints on them.

Back on topic to the site, there's tons of SNK related stuff out there... it's just a system that eluded me as a child (price) and as an adult (I suck at 2D fighting games, and have basically no friends that play games).

Last edited: