MVS is JAMMA compatible, right?

XYXZYZ

New Challenger
I'm sure this question has come up before, but searching gives me an error.

Just got a new cabinet, a Street Fighter EX2 (Which is Sony ZN1 I think) but the monitor is kind of squirrely. I find it kind of strange trying to tweak it using the SFEX2 game, all that 3D stuff throws me off (don't ask:annoyed: ) . I'd like to use my MVS2F for a nice 16-bit 2D picture (I plan on tossing the SFEX2 anyway) and hit the pause switch for monitor adjusting. I can get a better idea of what the replacement game will look like.

I assumed the MVS could be thrown in another JAMMA cabinet, (Actually JAMMA+ in this case) but I've just read something about the pinouts being different. Only for the game select/test etc. buttons, but I figure I'd play it safe and ask first; I don't know about any power supply issues or stuff like that.

I'm rather new at arcade hardware, if you haven't guessed. :conf:

billd420

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
10 Year Member
2 4 and 6 slot MVS's are not jamma compliant. They use a Jamma edge connector, however its wired slightly different. There is stereo through jamma, 4 buttons per player in addition to the game switch button. Check out www.hardmvs.com for a wiring diagram.

-Bill

XYXZYZ

New Challenger
I know about the button differences, I just want to know if I can plug it right in and see the game running on the screen, and no wrong voltages going where they shouldn't be. I don't need playing functionality.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
XYXZYZ said:
I know about the button differences, I just want to know if I can plug it right in and see the game running on the screen, and no wrong voltages going where they shouldn't be. I don't need playing functionality.

What Bill mentioned are the only differences. So if he didnt mention video or power/ground pinouts then its fine.