MVS EL panel inverter?

Ultra7350

n00b
I just replaced my 4 EL panels in my MVS 4 slot that I bought from Glowhut and they still don't light up. I'm guessing that the inverter is bad. Is there anywhere that I can buy a new inverter?

KalessinDB

Mr. Big's Thug
I think Glowhut sells an inverter too? But I'm going to be following this thread, because mine are definitely dead and in need of replacement too, so I'll be interested to see what you have to do...

Ultra7350

n00b
How would the aftermarket inverters work to light up the marquee of which game you are playing? I figured that you would need to buy 4 inverters for each of my EL panels and figure out which wires from the main board to hook up to each invertor. It would be easier to find a original inverter than hack up the harness.

Ultra7350

n00b
I end up finding another original inverter. Now my EL panels work. But this inverter makes a loud wine noise. Is their I way to fix this (maybe replacing the 2 caps that it has)?
Also does it matter which way you hook up the wires on the new EL panels?

JasonToddLives

Armored Scrum Object
You're welcome.
You could remove the cable going into the first board the EL panels solder to, then start the cab. If the whine is still there you can probably rule out the EL panel boards as well.

Ultra7350

n00b
I replaced the 2 capacitors on the inverter board. It fixed the wine sound problem. It still does make a really quiet sound but you can't hear it unless to room is totally quiet. So I suggest to anyone replace the 1000uF and 100uF caps. I bought mine at Radio Shack for under $4.