MVS Component Level Repairs

garza2001

n00b
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I was also wondering I was reading on another topic on this forum and he mentioned about a green screen that pops up mine does that as well but for like a sec or 2 and the game boots up fine and I'm able to play for hours, now I was just wondering about the battery how much do you sell them for, would you be able to diagnose my board run tests on it and see it there are any problems with it?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys,

After repairing boards for myself and for others I've decided to come up with some rates for repairs.

If you have a sick MVS system you want repaired they are:

Video RAM Error (CXK5814) - $35 (includes socketing chips and repairing bad traces)

Video/Main(Program)/Backup RAM (surface mount) - $40 (includes repairing bad traces)

Battery Replacement - $30 (or... additional $10 if you want it done in conjunction with other services)

These prices do NOT cover previous repair attempts or repairs due to leaky batteries and traces damaged by that. Those will be quoted separately.

Top boards repaired too, but those aren't on a flat rate since they do require a lot of troubleshooting.

If you have a 2 board set I'll need both the top and bottom boards to make sure there isn't a problem with the other board.

Prices do not include shipping or insurance. If you want to take the risk of shipping them to me and from me to you without insurance then that is YOUR risk and not mine. ;) (Yes... I actually have people that want expensive boards shipped without insurance - Why? Who knows...)

If you have questions, feel free to PM me.

RJ

Just wondering if you still provide this service, I would have sent you a PM, but the site won't let me. I have a perfectly working 4Slot MVS, I just want the battery replaced with one of those cell phone ones I can keep away from the board. Do you do that? Also, kinda want the board reflowed, so I don't have to worry about it for a long while.

channelmaniac

Mr Neo Fix-it
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
Just wondering if you still provide this service, I would have sent you a PM, but the site won't let me. I have a perfectly working 4Slot MVS, I just want the battery replaced with one of those cell phone ones I can keep away from the board. Do you do that? Also, kinda want the board reflowed, so I don't have to worry about it for a long while.

There's no need to reflow anything on the board. If the audio is still nice and loud/crisp sounding then there's no need to recap the board.

I have some battery packs with wires on them that I'd sell for $6.99 plus shipping. You'll need a soldering iron to install them. I can install them but you'll be paying a $35 bench fee plus the battery.

RJ

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
If the audio is still nice and loud/crisp sounding then there's no need to recap the board.

HI, i have a CMVS with the Mv1c board inside. My audio on it is pretty weak, to hear it correctly I have to put on max the volume on my tv and it's not even loud. One time, I was playing a game for a long period non stop (maybe more than 4 hours), and I lost some sound, and was hearing hissing instead of the game music.

I'm a noob with the MVS hardware, but I would be interested if you could recap my mvs board if this could resolve this trouble. Also, if I continue using my board without repairing it, can this sound trouble become more and more important. I love playing my MVS and I want to protect/maintain it so it could last me for a long time.

channelmaniac

Mr Neo Fix-it
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
Sorry, but I don't work on consolized MVS systems. There are too many wires and too many difficulties working on them.

Lan Di

War Room Troll
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Bump. I cant find a shipping address on the arcade components website. Where do I ship my boards?

channelmaniac

Mr Neo Fix-it
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
Wow,

Am I ever behind on posts on the forum here.

Quick update: I'm taking on repairs again but limiting the flow based on two things: 1) travel for the day job and 2) a father-in-law in stage 4 cancer and under hospice care. My wife and her sister said their goodbyes to him over the weekend and it's an any-day thing. Since I work a day job that requires travel I don't publish my address on the website. If I did, I'd have piles of boxes showing up on my doorstep!

Right now, I have some openings in my schedule for getting more repairs in and my wife is starting to help me with the business which will free up more time for doing repairs. She's also helping me get the inventory straight as there are a lot of ICs and hardware items I'm out of stock on the website.

I'll try to keep up more with this site.

RJ

channelmaniac

Mr Neo Fix-it
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
Thanks guys,

I'm out on travel to the SF bay for the RSA Conference and didn't even book my flights until last Friday because of this. It really sucks. I know we all have to die sometime but cancer is not a good way to go.

If you're here in the bay area and want to grab drinks tonight, give me a PM.

leftypem

n00b
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to necrobump an old thread, but I've got a 1 slot board that needs RAM replaced. I'm just getting into Neo Geo ownership, and buying a fixer-upper seemed like a nice way to start. Actually bought two, but the one that works properly is for a friend. We are building ourselves cMVS decks from them. We are project junkies, and I have several other miscellaneous systems on my bench getting repaired/modded/restored for my game room.

JayT

n00b
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello. I have a mv1fz with some funky sprites... Some vertical bars. Might you look at it for me?

channelmaniac

Mr Neo Fix-it
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
You'll need to clean your cartridges and slots on that board. It's uncommon for it to fail in that way other than being dirty on the connections.

You can find info on how to do that on hardmvs.com - I recommend the pink rubber eraser treatment for the carts which will require you to disassemble them.

I'm not taking on any new repairs right now. I have a stack to do and just got back from a day job trip to Tokyo last weekend. In Feb. I'll be going to Auckland, NZ, for a week and to Germany a week. Luckily I don't have to do the week in Australia or I'd be gone 3 weeks in a row.

SMKGuy

n00b
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a MVS 4-slot stuck on the grid screen. I think that some of the traces are damaged and was wondering if you would be able to fix it for me.

Thanks,

Aaron